• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
you can dash forward and do the st.HP. I just can't get the v-trigger sonic booms to combo into super no matter what I do.

this is kind of depressing though, is every new character going to be ridiculously difficult to play? Reasonable execution is the whole reason I like SFV but it's hard to give a shit about characters I can't realistically use.

most of the combos in those trials are garbage you will never use anyways dude

Just play guile as a solid fundamentals character and you will be fine

"this is kind of depressing though, is every new character going to be ridiculously difficult to play? Reasonable execution is the whole reason I like SFV but it's hard to give a shit about characters I can't realistically use."

Alex isn't ridiculously difficult to play at all. There's been 2 new characters. Relax.

Any tips on trial 7? Sonic Boom into Sonic Hurricane is killing me. I don't remember having this much trouble with it in 4. Probably because I was using a stick.

this is kind of depressing though, is every new character going to be ridiculously difficult to play? Reasonable execution is the whole reason I like SFV but it's hard to give a shit about characters I can't realistically use.
new characters? join us, the mika army.
bf1db0cb.jpg

Quesa

"this is kind of depressing though, is every new character going to be ridiculously difficult to play? Reasonable execution is the whole reason I like SFV but it's hard to give a shit about characters I can't realistically use."

Alex isn't ridiculously difficult to play at all. There's been 2 new characters. Relax.

Alex isn't too hard overall, for me it's that lp into slash seems really tight and I can't get in consistently. It seems like a BnB for the character so it kinda pushed me away from him.

Any tips on trial 7? Sonic Boom into Sonic Hurricane is killing me. I don't remember having this much trouble with it in 4. Probably because I was using a stick.

If it's that part you're having trouble with, you basically have to do <- -> HP <- -> HP to get both to come out.

Mupod

Alex isn't too hard overall, for me it's that lp into slash seems really tight and I can't get in consistently. It seems like a BnB for the character so it kinda pushed me away from him.

that's exactly my main problem with alex, I feel like I can't even do that most basic thing reliably so why even play him.

still can't get this super to come out at the end of the sonic breaks, what am I doing wrong?

edit: nvm I got it, don't know how though.

Producer

if you mean going to down as soon as the fierce is pressed, yeah, i'm doign that one.

I think its not the charge maybe, but the later cancel timing on the mp as well which is confusing me

Yeah you do have to delay the cancel into flash kick. It pretty much works the same way as chuns bnb.

If it's that part you're having trouble with, you basically have to do <- -> HP <- -> HP to get both to come out.

That actually helped. Thanks!

Dashing up into st.Hp into cr.mp into flash/sonic is rather easy, since when you input the st.HP it comes out after the dash. So you can press HP, then start buffering for specials.

you can dash forward and do the st.HP. I just can't get the v-trigger sonic booms to combo into super no matter what I do.

Compared to other fighters/earlier SF, SFV is considerably easier, but that doesn't mean you're gonna be able to pick up a character and hit all their links in a single day.

Question 1: Can I log out of the servers to play offline at will or do I have to kill my PC's internet to make this happen?

Question 2: Anyone got any tips for Alex Trial #7? That st.lp > qcf.lp > CA is killing me. Sometimes when I get the st.lp, the qcf.lp is blocked. Other times if I get st.lp > qcf.lp, the CA isn't cancelled into and i have to do another double qcf.lp and by then hitstun drops so I lose the combo. And there are still other times when I try st.lp > qcf.lp > qcf.lp that the first qcf.lp doesn't come out and it's an immediate cancel into the CA... I have the rest of his done, would love to finish his off so that I only have claw/guile/chun/nash left.

VariantX

Damn, I don't even know how I finished 9. Trial 9 and 10 need to swap places seriously. It only took me 3-4 attempts at 10 while probably around 50-100 times for 9.

Quesa

Even after doing it once, I can't get trial #7 down consistently. I try to charge sonic boom as soon as I input HP but it doesn't seem like I get a charge fast enough for it to come out after c.MP.

Skilletor

Guile's frame data is pretty amazing.

+1 on block after every boom (8 on hit, making it super easy to combo)
+3 on block after s.mp
+2 on block after c.mp
+4 on block after ex boom

Durden77

Beat Guile's trials, beating some Survival for some colors, then online.

He's so fucking awesome it's ridiculous. I'm so happy. My body.

I can't wait to play with him T_T

I'm going to be up all night doing this shitty coursework and then in uni all day and then I have another weekend of coursework

guile better be worth it tbh

Alucrid

Banned
I would say you're not actually that bad at charge characters.

On the 10th one I cannot get the CA to combo after the booms. It is blocked every time.

i guess my execution is okay, but i have no idea how to hold charges during an actual match.

on another note, why didn't they include any v skill combos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom