• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Its amazing how bad the PS4 d-pad is for charge characters. 'Been playing SF since the 90's and I'm struggling to pull off a simple flash kick. Caved and ordered the Hori Fight Commander, here's hoping!

Where's Scotia when we need him?! I need those Guile quotes!

Are we in a "ALEX TOO STRONG" vibe these days ?

Getting closer and closer. A lot of top players are saying he's great, and a lot of us lesser folk are starting to notice he has the tools to get work done.

jett

D-Member
Mika's cr. HK can now be thrown on block.

This changes my random Mika play!

Maybe I should go back to Chunners. I'm bored of not playing Street Fighter.

SMK

Its amazing how bad the PS4 d-pad is for charge characters. 'Been playing SF since the 90's and I'm struggling to pull off a simple flash kick. Caved and ordered the Hori Fight Commander, here's hoping!

I've also been playing since the 90's and It's not hard at all on the DS4. Are you actually charging long enough?

I get that, I just don't have precise inputs so by bfbf on dpad looks like 923588 different directions.

You don't have to be precise about it though, I'm sure the game allows you to have d/df/db inputs while doing it.
I guess the 360 pad makes this a bunch easier since by doing the motion you only have to move your thumb to tilt the dpad from side to side.

JDB

Banned
I've been trying to use Guile's VSkill and seeing if I can apply pressure with it.

Is it safe off hard knockdown? I tested it against DP and the SFV always dependable wake up jab and it seems to work but I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong

Guile's frame data is pretty amazing.

+1 on block after every boom (8 on hit, making it super easy to combo)
+3 on block after s.mp
+2 on block after c.mp
+4 on block after ex boom

Where can I get this frame data?

DS4 works real well for me. I completed all characters' trials with it. I've been playing with the pad since the 90s as well.

Guile's frame data is pretty amazing.

+1 on block after every boom (8 on hit, making it super easy to combo)
+3 on block after s.mp
+2 on block after c.mp
+4 on block after ex boom

That is some pretty nice data. I need to jump on and mess around with him but I'm being lazy.

I'm also sore from the gym and don't want to move my body.

Managed to get my ps4 back. Acting really weird to get powered on. Anyway, guile seems ok...kind of average so far. Don't think he's op like people were guessing

Xeteh

Finally got Guile's 10th.

A lot of the issue I was having (aside from the aforementioned shit inputs of mine) was that if you're right up on Ryu for the Sonic Tempest it takes too long to reach behind him and do damage. If you're a couple steps back it hits if you manage to cancel it.

Guile is Ok, not great but Ok. His foward HP whiff on crouching opponents, Counter Hit on standing opponent with Foward HK only allows for One Jab instead of two when crouching.

His Flashkicks blows up block strings so Fuck You Necalli.

Sonic Hurricane is probably the worst CA in the game. While playing in Survival it pass through opponents that are very close. AI Dhalsim even jumped over the CA. Don't drop combos when using his CA as an ender.

And for fuck sake Capcom why is Jab the end all AA? If they whiff a throw from a jump they can just press jab beating anything the other player does.

So is anyone having the issue of your fight stick (TE2+) not working in the game? I can use the PS4 menu, go into options, choose apps etc. just fine with it but once I get to the main menu of SFV I can't do anything at all.

SmokeMaxX

And for fuck sake Capcom why is Jab the end all AA? If they whiff a throw from a jump they can just press jab beating anything the other player does.
If you have a DP or any other godlike antiair (like a Guile cr. fp), you should NOT have a stand jab antiair. I think it's super dumb.

mekes

My ps4 pad is utter rubbish for charge characters. I cant even cr.mp xx super on p1 side. Ordered the Hori pad in slight hope it will be at least accessible to simple inputs. QCF characters etc it works quite well, but charge characters and the inputs must just go to shit. Its a joke because I've been able to roll cancel, custom combo etc on a PS2 pad, but PS3 onwards the dpad has been garbage. Or, I've just had terrible luck with them.

Question 1: Can I log out of the servers to play offline at will or do I have to kill my PC's internet to make this happen?

Question 2: Anyone got any tips for Alex Trial #7? That st.lp > qcf.lp > CA is killing me. Sometimes when I get the st.lp, the qcf.lp is blocked. Other times if I get st.lp > qcf.lp, the CA isn't cancelled into and i have to do another double qcf.lp and by then hitstun drops so I lose the combo. And there are still other times when I try st.lp > qcf.lp > qcf.lp that the first qcf.lp doesn't come out and it's an immediate cancel into the CA... I have the rest of his done, would love to finish his off so that I only have claw/guile/chun/nash left.

Anybody?

Scotia

Banned
Calling it now, Project C.H.A.I.N.S is going to be the early stages of the G Project and will result in what becomes Necro and Twelve.

tm24

So i have something weird going on in my game. The log in to servers function is greyed out and it says i havent done any challenges, story modes or surivival yet i have the rewards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom