• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

maks

Its amazing how bad the PS4 d-pad is for charge characters. 'Been playing SF since the 90's and I'm struggling to pull off a simple flash kick. Caved and ordered the Hori Fight Commander, here's hoping!

Im a traditional stick player and bought the hori so i dont wake others at night. It's great. I have the dpad set to large, makes a big difference.

xCobalt

I'm a little disappointed Guile's vskill and vtrigger don't mesh. I was hoping that vskill sonic booms could be followed up with v trigger sonic booms.

TheOGB

Banned
Good lord that Trial 10... my puny brain can't handle all this charge timing :p

Just noticed his Story costume became available in the shop once I finished the trials, and I hadn't done his story yet.

edit: Likes AMERICAN COFFEE
4tCIK.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Good lord that Trial 10... my puny brain can't handle all this charge timing :p

Just noticed his Story costume became available in the shop once I finished the trials, and I hadn't done his story yet.

edit: Likes AMERICAN COFFEE
4tCIK.gif

Hardest thing about Trial 10 is the small shimmy forward to get the standing HP to connect, at least for me it was.

I like how the story is tying everyone together.

And man, I bet Guile is gonna beat Nash. Even though I always though Guile was a fucciboi compared to the best husbando.

"Any tips on cancelling Flash Kick to Sonic Hurricane? Having difficulty with this trial."

Do down back, up forward, back, forward. The up forward will get you the flash kick, the back, forward will get you the super cancel.

hwateber

Any tips on cancelling Flash Kick to Sonic Hurricane? Having difficulty with this trial.

Take advantage of the input shortcuts! I just finished all his trials and honestly number 7 took me three times longer than all the other ones combined. What I do is hold DB and do a HCF ending in UF + HK, and then HCF + P

It's brain dead easy and if you're not used to charge characters it helps a lot

"Take advantage of the input shortcuts! I just finished all his trials and honestly number 7 took me three times longer than all the other ones combined. What I do is hold DB and do a HCF ending in UF + HK, and then HCF + P"

God damn bro, that's more involved than doing it the right way.

"Any tips on cancelling Flash Kick to Sonic Hurricane? Having difficulty with this trial."

Do down back, up forward, back, forward. The up forward will get you the flash kick, the back, forward will get you the super cancel.
Is this how you guys are doing c.mp sonic boom so fluently? I'm not understanding the charge motion so well. Having trouble with above trial and number 7 as well.

Alucrid

Banned
Is this how you guys are doing c.mp sonic boom so fluently? I'm not understanding the charge motion so well. Having trouble with above trial and number 7 as well.

hold downback for the c.mp then do f + punch for the boom. as soon as you input the hp hold down back so that you can charge during the recovery of the hp and then the mp to cancel to the boom

mbpm1

Alright, I beat a Nash, that's as good a place to stop as any.

So been playing guile for like...*checks*

2-3 hours at this point? I think I only won like 3 matches in the randomness of ranked.

Despite this, I think he has some real potential once people get his normals down.

One thing I noticed is that if Guile loses the life lead against a canny opponent, it gets very difficult to get it back.

hwateber

"Take advantage of the input shortcuts! I just finished all his trials and honestly number 7 took me three times longer than all the other ones combined. What I do is hold DB and do a HCF ending in UF + HK, and then HCF + P"

Haha yeah I realized that while typing it out, but it feels really similar to doing regular QCFx2 supers even though it probably some like some silly KoF super input

The fact that FANG had Abel on the ropes means the former is probably a tier below the demi-god/best "normal" fighters, i.e., Guile and Chun level.

And that means Abel is even weaker than that tier.

Man, someone is gonna have to rework these story canon tier lists for the five of us who give a shit.

Nah, I did find it easier to kinda roll my thumb around and to UF instead of going from db to uf with a quick motion. Definitely made it easier for me, but yeah, coming from Ken and wanting to alt. Guile, this is kinda discouraging. I feel like I need to learn the game over, this charge style is crazy.

I mean, I can do normal sonic boom/blade kick just fine, but I feel like I'll never be able to do that 30 hit combo stuff. Charge feels like a foreign language atm..

hold downback for the c.mp then do f + punch for the boom. as soon as you input the hp hold down back so that you can charge during the recovery of the hp and then the mp to cancel to the boom
Da Fook??!

Ok..on trial 7, after the standing HP, I'm either landing the c.mp and no sonic boom is coming out because I don't have enough charge. Or I'm doing a c.mp sonic boom but the c.mp is getting blocked because I held it too long?

Did this about 35 times now...

What is this sorcery?

Moaradin

Jesus... how do you link 2 cr. MP + Sonic Booms? After the first Sonic Boom, I never have enough charge to do another one after the second cr.MP. If I wait too long then the cr.MP won't link. Shit is hard as fuck.

xabi

Jesus... how do you link 2 cr. MP + Sonic Booms? After the first Sonic Boom, I never have enough charge to do another one after the second cr.MP. If I wait too long then the cr.MP won't link. Shit is hard as fuck.

Try doing b, f, b, P when launching your sonic booms. Gives you a little extra charge time

foookathailand! i don't know what the heck is going on in Charge Island either brah...

Stuck on trial 7 like ?????

What speed do you need to accomplish this?

Xeteh

Da Fook??!

Ok..on trial 7, after the standing HP, I'm either landing the c.mp and no sonic boom is coming out because I don't have enough charge. Or I'm doing a c.mp sonic boom but the c.mp is getting blocked because I held it too long?

Did this about 35 times now...

What is this sorcery?

As soon as you hit s.hp you should be holding db. The c.mp is pretty slow which is what allows you the time for the charge.

As soon as you hit s.hp you should be holding db. The c.mp is pretty slow which is what allows you the time for the charge.
WHAAAAA!!

I just did it!!

This is tighter than a virgin in high school!!

How am I supposed to land this in an actual fight when I'm like 1/20

Man...Charge guys might not be for me...

Man, Guile seems like the perfect complement to Ken too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom