• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Zackat

This is how it works in like every other game.

not heroes
Kappa.png
but imma probably get banned now tho huh if they are selling them for real money.

people were asking for this though, we can go look at the receipts

vg260

Has it though? The premium costumes are selling very well so I don't think they are doing too badly. You and I might not like paying more but there are certainly a lot of consumers that do.

We don't know how well they are selling, and what sort of metric Capcom is comparing them to. You could be seeing a ton more online if they were cheaper. I'm hoping the sales are way below their expectations and sell much less than Ultras ones, because they are really gouging their fans.

Thank god I can finally get Laura's premium color 10 without playing survival. Should've been a FM option from the beginning (or been included with the damn purchase)

How are people surprised that it was going to be in the store? It's even what a lot of people have requested; they definitely weren't going to make it easy for you to get FM by "fixing" surivival.

KingBroly

Banned
How are people surprised that it was going to be in the store? It's even what a lot of people have requested; they definitely weren't going to make it easy for you to get FM by "fixing" surivival.

They still need to make it a 'per character' unlock instead of per costume.

vg260

Isn't this what people wanted though? I remember most of the complaints ending with, "at least let us buy them".

Yes, but those people were just reacting and not thinking about the main issue with that request. They should have been asking to take them out of survival mode and make them unlock by character level.

The premium costumes can only be bought, so if their reasoning for charging four times more than in the past is because you can earn other stuff in-game, they really screwed up their model.

I was loving the model on paper when announced, but it's been a disaster so far.

My mistake. I forgot you could only buy them and not get them without FM.

They REALLY should have made them earnable. I know they are "premium" but that's still not really a good enough excuse.

Fighting games have some of the worst DLC pricings when it comes to small stuff. Colors, outfits, etc. They need to step up this game, and I thought SFV would be the bridge to do that. Guess not, in some respects.

And LMAO at buying the colors for Survival. That's fine if I can use FM like I can for other colors (which is most likely the case). Otherwise, I might not even fuck with it.

SSReborn

From the same guy:

Top 5 least played characters in #SFV: 1. F.A.N.G. 2. Dhalsim 3. Guile 4. Birdie 5. Balrog #EVO2016

Surprising would have thought the Rashid would be in there hardly run into any. I run into the latter 4 way more than him.

MrCarter

Yes, but those people were just reacting and not thinking about the main issue with that request. They should have been asking to take them out of survival mode and make them unlock by character level.

Now that I can actually agree with. Levelling up to obtain colours is a no brainer.

Edzi

Oh snap, I need pics of Alex's classic costume. That'll be the first thing I buy with real money aside from the Season Pass.

Leveling up would take people playing online, for the most part. Unless they start putting in offline stuff that's gonna be a problem.

AND YO FUCK NOSTALGIA COSTUMES AND STAGE

Might not even wait for FM for that shit. Might just buy it outright.

vg260

My mistake. I forgot you could only buy them and not get them without FM.

They REALLY should have made them earnable. I know they are "premium" but that's still not really a good enough excuse.

Fighting games have some of the worst DLC pricings when it comes to small stuff. Colors, outfits, etc. They need to step up this game, and I thought SFV would be the bridge to do that. Guess not, in some respects.

And LMAO at buying the colors for Survival. That's fine if I can use FM like I can for other colors (which is most likely the case). Otherwise, I might not even fuck with it.

I disagree that alternate costumes should have been earnable too, honestly. I think it's fine if they're only paid, because they need to make money. They just need to charge actually reasonable prices, and not go crazy with jacking the pricing up over what they used to charge by so much.

Marvel

could never
Happy to buy survival colours... but with FM not real money.

Edit: holy crap nostalgic stages and outfits!? Yes

Top Bottom