• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Hyun Sai

Literally just started playing as him yesterday and im seeing this haha. Im low level trash, but im going up the ladder fast because his limited special move set is forcing me to get better with normals and guarding. Whos the most fun character? Karin?

Don't listen to the uneducated ! Stick with what you feel good !

JayEH

Literally just started playing as him yesterday and im seeing this haha. Im low level trash, but im going up the ladder fast because his limited special move set is forcing me to get better with normals and guarding. Whos the most fun character? Karin?

the character you're losing to right now.

Don't take salt seriously. Every character is viable and balanced. Play who feels best to you.
Cept 4 gd R mika!!!

Gears

the character you're losing to right now.

Im actually losing to ryu a bit, having a hard time with his matchup. One Alex fucked me up pretty bad too. And to the others yeah Im having a bunch of fun with guile haha, but I was curious who the guy thought was the most fun. Juri seems pretty tight, and I liked how stylish karin was. Cant play em for shit yet. I do really miss blanka though

I bought this piece of shit game now GAF.
It is downloading.
Don't mind the fucking negativity. I am practicing the salt while I can't actually play the game.

So much bullshit. Fucking hell.
Your preemptive salt game is strong. Looks like I'm going to have to step my game up from now on.

You'll probably delete your local files at least once

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
75513-thats-enough-Internet-for-toda-8Pue.gif

Ryce

Is this known information? Retsu and lean Sagat were going to be in Capcom Fighting Evolution with new sprites, but they were cut.

Gr2VpxY.jpg

molnizzle

You need to be close for the cr. MP to link to the b. MP. That's why if you think you're too far away it's better to do cr. MP, s. LK xx HP DP. I usually do cr. MP to b. MP after a cross up since you're guaranteed to be close to the opponent then.

The timing should be reliable. But I don't do this combo that often because the target combo can whiff if you are too far after cr.MP. Instead I mostly do either:

cr.MP, st.LK xx HP srk
(j.MK) st.LP, b.MP, st.HP xx HK tatsu

I like st.LK after cr.MP since it works from max range. And I like st.LP as a hit confirm into target combo since it has less push back and is better for pressure. Having a way to confirm into the target combo is important since the last hit is very unsafe and the b.MP itself is -2.

Thanks. I never do cr.MP, s.LK since the s.LK is -1 on block and I have to commit to that before I know if the cr.MP is gonna hit. Also unreliable on actually getting the DP out after the LK.

Also I sometimes whiff the target combo after cr.MP even after a cross-up so maybe I just suck. j.LK, b.MP, s.HP xx HP DP never whiffs though. Guess I just need to practice more.

Gears

eww

But really, the most fun character is the one you enjoy playing with the most. Tier lists and rankings shouldn't matter in that regard.

Yo blanka is great. I just have a huge affection for all of the cast in 2, since that was the first game I played at age of like, 4.

Does anyone have tips for playing against a grabby alex? I got pummeled earlier, but dont fight enough of them to get much understanding. Im playing guile if that helps

Is this known information? Retsu and lean Sagat were going to be in Capcom Fighting Evolution with new sprites, but they were cut.

Gr2VpxY.jpg

I would love a remake of Street Fighter 1. I don't care if it's 2D or 3D.

Better yet, slowly incorporate every remaining character and stage from SF1 into SFV.

Momentary

Banned
Does anyone have that kind of artifacts while playing? Everything on max and motion blur is low.
bbfec8ba02ed.png

I have the same issue. The only thing I can tell you is to probably mess with the .ini file to see what you can do to fix it. I just recently when in and deleted the Chromatic Aberration in all preset graphical setting in post processing.

Steroyd

Yo blanka is great. I just have a huge affection for all of the cast in 2, since that was the first game I played at age of like, 4.

Does anyone have tips for playing against a grabby alex? I got pummeled earlier, but dont fight enough of them to get much understanding. Im playing guile if that helps

I think Guile is a terrible matchup to Alex in general, if they like grabbing then neutral jump is your friend, if they like using stun gun headbutt and the stomp all I can say is sans the EX version, get that somersault ready as often as possible and take him out of the sky.

molnizzle

Does anyone have that kind of artifacts while playing? Everything on max and motion blur is low.
bbfec8ba02ed.png

This is UE4's post process antialiasing, it heavily relies on blur. Downgrade AA to low or medium and you'll see it go away, but will gain a lot of shimmering on characters. I leave my AA set to high and just deal with the blur in The Grid. You don't notice it on the other stages.

daxy

Decided to finally learn how to play a fighting game. Picked up SF5 and got a Hori RAP4. Been going over Gootecks' beginner videos and practising a bit these past two days.

Oh god, what have I gotten myself into.

JayEH

Decided to finally learn how to play a fighting game. Picked up SF5 and got a Hori RAP4. Been going over Gootecks' beginner videos and practising a bit these past two days.

Don't give up!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

If you love it, you've gotten yourself into a lifelong relationship. Welcome and enjoy your stay!

retsu and eagle should be in the game. i'd play them. sagat is a no-brainer

welcome to your new addiction.

Alright, i gotta ask something. Noob question or not. how the heck is your grab tech game so good? That was close to 100% accuracy, and I was switching up. Is there a way to buffer it while keeping up block or what?
Something I would like to know as well. My grab tech game is garbage. If I tech, it's because I was trying to throw at the same time as the other guy.

Alright, i gotta ask something. Noob question or not. how the heck is your grab tech game so good? That was close to 100% accuracy, and I was switching up. Is there a way to buffer it while keeping up block or what?

Nah you were able to grab me quite a few times, especially with the command throws. I just kind of play it by feel to be honest. There were a few times where it seems like you would attempt it after a certain block string or jump in so I kind of guessed which points I was expecting you to try throwing me to get in when something else didn't work. Sorry, I wish I had a better explanation for you.

Nah you were able to grab me quite a few times, especially with the command throws. I just kind of play it by feel to be honest. There were a few times where it seems like you would attempt it after a certain block string or jump in so I kind of guessed which points I was expecting you to try throwing me to get in when something else didn't work.

Oh come on man. Draw the curtain back for a second.
My guess, on jump in attack, or dash, you delay the tech input by a hair. This way, if there's a combo, you at least block the first hit, while knocking any grabs out aswell. Am i warm?

My guess, on jump in attack, or dash, you delay the tech input by a hair. This way, if there's a combo, you at least block the first hit, while knocking any grabs out aswell. Am i warm?

lol Are you calling Rapid's BS? He's trying to play you! He almost had me for a second.

Rapid, you slick dog, you...

Lol I have no reason to BS you or hide anything. That's literally how I play. I think you'll throw so I press to tech. Why do you think you caught me a few times with that neutral jump and I threw out a throw? I figured you were trying to punish.

Flux was shimmying me all day because when he came forward I thought he was going to throw me and I just ate damage.

Shimmies beat 80% of Platinum players. It's so good. I never bothered to try and tech everything so I don't get shimmied. I just take the throw unless you're greedy and being obvious about it.

Lol I have no reason to BS you or hide anything. That's literally how I play. I think you'll throw so I press to tech. Why do you think you caught me a few times with that neutral jump and I threw out a throw? I figured you were trying to punish.

Flux was shimmying me all day because when he came forward I thought he was going to throw me and just ate damage.

Fair enough. Sorry, I do enjoy playing with you and didn't mean to insinuate anything, I promise.
GGs btw

Top Bottom