• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

6 again, one every 2 months I'd think.
So Abel, Oro, Sean, Ed, Viper, and, wild guess, Hugo to close it out.
I think the entire 3rd strike cast has a real good chance to get in this game. Seems to be the way they're going.

If "the entire 3rd strike cast" includes Twelve in any way, shape or form then no thanks.

I'd rather have Remy than that gelatinous fuck.

Twelve isn't the worst 3rd Strike character. At least his playstyle is unique. Remy in V would be pointless.

Just what I was thinking. I just want them to hold off on duplicates as long as possible.
I was thinking Sean might end up a cool mix of Shoto and Quasi grappler, and Hugo would be something between Alex and Zangief.

lot of shitty chars.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Pompadour

Which is why we can all rest assured knowing that Remy isn't making it in. There's still a chance that Twelve might make it in though.

I figure if SFV goes the distance and has multiple seasons we will get, at best:

Oro
Dudley
Makoto
Sean
Yun
Yang
Hugo
Q
Necro

I don't see Twelve, Remy, Elena making it. I also don't expect Hugo or Necro, either.

I don't like Abel of Viper, but they seem like locks at this point.
Sean and Ed seem less likely, but still why feature them so prominently if not?

I feel there's going to be an SFV part 2 and it's straight gonna be 3rd Strike.

Can we not get Yun and Yang

And Sean
I'd agree with you but SFV has been doing a damn good job of not making any character seem obnoxious or flat out annoying to play against
except Nash
so I'm confident they might be able to make those guys fun to play with/against as well.

Mika is in the game though.

Maybe it's just me but I don't find Mika an annoying matchup anymore. She has clear weaknesses and a lot of her strengths look more powerful than they actually are IMO.

Though fighting against her is incredibly easier when you have a DP.

Zackat

Maybe it's just me but I don't find Mika an annoying matchup anymore. She has clear weaknesses and a lot of her strengths look more powerful than they actually are IMO.

Though fighting against her is incredibly easier when you have a DP.

being able to invincible DP against Mika would be sogood.

I am so tempted to just play Ryu instead of wasting time on Laura and Birdie.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I figure if SFV goes the distance and has multiple seasons we will get, at best:

Oro
Dudley
Makoto
Sean
Yun
Yang
Hugo
Q
Necro

I don't see Twelve, Remy, Elena making it. I also don't expect Hugo or Necro, either.

I would be DELIGHTED if they put Oro and/or Q in. Wackier characters getting the V treatment is quite a fun thing to behold.

Sean would be cool to see, what with the whole sibling thing.

Wouldn't mind seeing Makoto, Hugo or Dudley at all (as I loved them in both 3S and IV), but not so desperate.

The twins left a sour taste after IV, so would be fine with them not making the cut.

I think Necro could be interesting, but I doubt any really truly wants him back...

The fact that we're getting Urien in less than a month is enough to keep me buzzing for a while.

Whales

Banned
Watching Daigo's replays to learn some tech / see how he plays and god damn, this guy canbe a bully sometimes. He literally grabbed a ken player like 3 times in a row without giving a shit lol

I wish I could be that good, the next thing I need to work on is def. linking stuff out of lights. That would make me level up so much, there's so much shit in this game that can be only punished with light attacks, and being able to consistently do Jab into Light tatsu or DP (and into potentially CA) would be awesome

Astrael

Hey where do you guys see your Casual matches win rate btw?

I signed up on v-league.pro after the old fightinggame.community site stopped updating, this site tracks your win rates and total fights for ranked and casuals (but only gives character matchup stats for ranked). Still a nice tool to see how you're doing, even automatically looks for videos uploaded with your cfn in the match lol.

Pompadour

Yea, just import the whole damn SF3 roster. smh

4 imported the entire SF2 roster and almost the entire Alpha roster so 3 needs some love.

Look at this way. Every Alpha character has made the 3D transition except Sodom, Juni, and Juli. The 3 characters that haven't are: Oro, Sean, Necro, Twelve, Q, Remy, and Gill. And Alpha 3 had like 30+ characters to 3rd Strike's 20.

FluxWaveZ

Really sucks that the two characters I decided to main, Balrog and Mika, also share pretty much the same bad MUs and have the same weaknesses/strengths. Makes me want to learn a third character to make up for it.

Whales

Banned
I signed up on v-league.pro after the old fightinggame.community site stopped updating, this site tracks your win rates and total fights for ranked and casuals (but only gives character matchup stats for ranked). Still a nice tool to see how you're doing, even automatically looks for videos uploaded with your cfn in the match lol.

this is a pretty cool site, thanks a bunch astrael

it even tells you your matchups rates... I'm ashamed of losing to every zangief i've fought in ranked

4 imported the entire SF2 roster and almost the entire Alpha roster so 3 needs some love.

Look at this way. Every Alpha character has made the 3D transition except Sodom, Juni, and Juli. The 3 characters that haven't are: Oro, Sean, Necro, Twelve, Q, Remy, and Gill. And Alpha 3 had like 30+ characters to 3rd Strike's 20.

It's a good point, but hopefully V's roster never gets as bloated as 4's.

FluxWaveZ

Necalli. I feel you might be good with him.

Yeah... I actually think Necalli might be the character I pick up if I do need that pocket character for certain match-ups.

Not sure if I'm able to juggle 3 characters like that (I can barely juggle 1), but I'll have to consider it.

Yeah... I actually think Necalli might be the character I pick up if I do need that pocket character for certain match-ups.

Not sure if I'm able to juggle 3 characters like that (I can barely juggle 1), but I'll have to consider it.

Good luck. I lucked out in that my character from day one is able to handle the MUs in this game. After he's inevitably nerfed, I'll start looking to pick up secondaries.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I hope they don't wait too long after CPT finals to do a balance patch. Thoroughly dislike the state some characters are in.

I hope they don't wait too long after CPT finals to do a balance patch. Thoroughly dislike the state some characters are in.

Easy to say when your character is headed straight for buff city.
God I hope Necalli isn't up there enough to get a nerf. What if they make his C grab do 100 damage? Not much of a nerf, but god that would bother me so much.
Maybe they take his his AA jab away, and make it so only his ex dp is invincible.
Fuuu....

SephLuis

So today I practiced my execution with Chun and I managed to get a little better with IA legs and I finally managed to finish her BnB with SBK light and even medium. I now need to test it more in matches and get better with the timing of everything and in every situation. CPU lvl 8 in training has been helpful.

Still frustrated with my lack of footsie game with Juri. While I can do much better with Chun, with Juri I freeze whenever I start losing the footsies. It's nothing that will make me drop the character, but until I figure someway to deal with this, it will be a huge wall in me getting better with her.

Whales

Banned
God I hope Necalli isn't up there enough to get a nerf. What if they make his C grab do 100 damage? Not much of a nerf, but god that would bother me so much.
Maybe they take his his AA jab away, and make it so only his ex dp is invincible.
Fuuu....

the AA jab is most def. gonna eat the nerf bat and for good reason, that shit is too good and a char with a DP shouldnt have it IMO

I just had a fang start teabagging when things were looking up for him but I got the last teabag.

I actually never teabagged before this. It feels so stupid.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuuu....

I'm honestly not interested in seeing any characters get nerfed (aside from a universal aa jab across the board) but morbid curiosity makes me wonder how many people will jump ship the second their character loses even one thing. Capcom being Capcom characters will definitely get nerfed. Easier to hammer a few nails down than pull more of them up etc.

FluxWaveZ

I've never really understood the mindset that characters should just get buffed and no one should get nerfed.

When that happens, you get Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's volatility, where every single character has some bullshit that can kill you in 5 seconds. And that was one of the major complaints people had before 2.0.

I've never really understood the mindset that characters should just get buffed and no one should get nerfed.

When that happens, you get Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's volatility, where every single character has some bullshit that can kill you in 5 seconds. And that was one of the major complaints people had before 2.0.

Persona had nerfes. They just gave you new shit so you wouldn't feel as bad. The kill you in 5 seconds shit was always part of the design.

FluxWaveZ

Persona had nerfes. They just gave you new shit so you wouldn't feel as bad. The kill you in 5 seconds shit was always part of the design.

Oh, I know P4AU got nerfs. Thank god because another game of Yu Narukami 5D oki would have been hell.

But what I'm saying is that if the idea is to continuously buff characters so that they each reach the same level without nerfing them, SFV would reach the same level of crazy that P4AU was at. It'd be the inevitable cost of each character reaching the same power ceiling that would just get raised and raised.

Oh, I know P4AU got nerfs. Thank god because another game of Yu Narukami 5D oki would have been hell.

But what I'm saying is that if the idea is to continuously buff characters so that they each reach the same level without nerfing them, SFV would reach the same level of crazy that P4AU was at.

No, I'm saying Ultimax itself nerfed P4A characters. Kanji and Mitsuru both had moves lose abilities between games. That Persona doesn't nerf thing was always incorrect. The game just added new systems and moves so nobody felt robbed. It felt like it was 'buffed up', but nerfs happened in the background.

FluxWaveZ

No, I'm saying Ultimax itself nerfed P4A characters. Kanji and Mitsuru both had moves lose abilities between games. That Persona doesn't nerf thing was always incorrect. The game just added new systems and moves so nobody felt robbed. It felt like it was 'buffed up', but nerfs happened in the background.

Huh? That's what I'm talking about...? Yu Narukami's 5D oki which he had in P4A which got nerfed in P4AU? The same happened with Chie's 5D/2D vortex, for a similar oki nerf.

I played a million hours of P4A and P4AU. I know a ton about everything that went on in both games.

Huh? That's what I'm talking about...? Yu Narukami's 5D oki which he had in P4A which got nerfed in P4AU?

I played a million hours of P4A and P4AU. I know a ton about everything that went on in both games.

You said P4AU got nerfs? I assumed you were talking about Ultimax.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I'd rather play a game where every character has some bullshit instead of just the top 7.

FluxWaveZ

I'd rather play a game where every character has some bullshit instead of just the top 7.

Yeah, that's a way of looking at it, but then there's also just the basic method of reducing the amount of bullshit from that top 7 to equalize everyone by averaging out their power levels instead of boosting them all up.

I really wonder if Mika deserves nerfs, when the time will come for the changes. She has some real weaknesses, no matter how annoying she may be. If her passion throw is affected (e.g. only bouncing back in the corner), something else will need to be buffed significantly, I feel. I think she's one of the characters where it's not really about buffing overall or nerfing overall.

At least Balrog is a character who'll no doubt get a bunch of buffs.

Top Bottom