• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I'm gonna have to make a tough choice once Urien launches. He was my 3S main so of course I'm picking him up, but I dunno whether to drop Alex to focus on Mika and Urien or try and juggle three mains like I did in SFIV.

If they all share bad matchups then I'll just be wasting my time but man, Mika and Alex are just too much fun.
I'd like to give Urien a whirl but I'm pretty worried about him as a charge character fitting my playstyle.

Also ScraftyDevil, I wouldn't mind playing you to get some experience on Mika and Alex. I'm trying to learn the former, and the latter gives me headaches online. Tonight or tomorrow night 11 EST you gonna be on?

I'd like to give Urien a whirl but I'm pretty worried about him as a charge character fitting my playstyle.

Also ScraftyDevil, I wouldn't mind playing you to get some experience on Mika and Alex. I'm trying to learn the former, and the latter gives me headaches online. Tonight or tomorrow night 11 EST you gonna be on?

I should be around tonight at 11-ish, yeah. I'm not gonna give you the same level of competition as say, Flux, but I'm fairly confident in my ability to put up a good fight.

LakeEarth

Urien was never my bag in 3rd Strike, but I'm going to buy him and try him out online just to land his badass super on some fools.

What is Urien saying in his English voice when he does that Super? To me, it just sounds like "wijhwioehjiwoejho iwjoiji TREMBLE"
If he's not screaming out "KILL," "CRUSH" or "DESTROY" for every non-button, I'm gonna be disappointed.
I should be around tonight at 11-ish, yeah. I'm not gonna give you the same level of competition as say, Flux, but I'm fairly confident in my ability to put up a good fight.
Well I'm really shitty so that's a good thing.
9I1LV7e.gif

Skilletor

I don't even have 500 ranked games between both PC and PS4. lol.

I got gold and quit (fuck ranked)!

Spend all of my time in local vs. and casual lobbies.

Lol all your profiles say playstyle "balanced". Mine says "ultra aggressive" ;P.
Though it probably doesn't have enough data since I stopped playing ranked months ago.

molnizzle

Is this safe?

Have they said when colors will be buy able?

Yes, it's just a CheatEngine exe. They always show up on antivirus shit but it's safe.

If you don't trust it you can just download the CE script yourself and run it that way. I think the exe is easier though, been using it since 1.06.

All of this is on the front page of r/streetfightermods btw. ;-)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it's just a CheatEngine exe. They always show up on antivirus shit but it's safe.

If you don't trust it you can just download the CE script yourself and run it that way. I think the exe is easier though, been using it since 1.06.

All of this is on the front page of r/streetfightermods btw. ;-)
Pretty sure he's asking if it'll cause problems with Capcom. And the only answer is apparently: so far it hasn't. They did do something about the PS4 codes, but not this.

molnizzle

Pretty sure he's asking if it'll cause problems with Capcom. And the only answer is apparently: so far it hasn't. They did do something about the PS4 codes, but not this.

That was server explotibg spoofing shit though, this is just a client side mod. Can't see it being a problem.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
A clientside mod that sends results to a server. You don't see a problem, from Capcom's point of view, of having ingame currency be much easier to earn than it was supposed to?

molnizzle

A clientside mod that sends results to a server. You don't see a problem, from Capcom's point of view, of having ingame currency be much easier to earn than it was supposed to?

You can run the game in offline mode and just unlock the colors if you want. Don't have to get the FM if you're really worried about it.

But no, I don't think Capcom will bother even if you snatch the FM. They "intended" for us to have daily challenges to earn that and they still haven't delivered, so fuck 'em. :)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Surprisingly feel like I have more success in ranked compared to casual.
Complete opposite for me. I beat players way above my league in casual all the time, but ranked feels so much more random. Still trying to figure out how to deal with it after 6 months of this game being out...

Had. I'm bad. I'm starting to spend a lot of time in training and just playing more so I'm hoping to improve but look at this wild ride I've been on.

P0L8za3.jpg

Started as a rashid player which I really like for how fast and crazy he can get but starting to learn Karin. She feels like a good fit but I just have so much to learn still. Are there a lot of people on here that help scrubs like me? I'm new to fighting games but willing to put in the time.

Started as a rashid player which I really like for how fast and crazy he can get but starting to learn Karin. She feels like a good fit but I just have so much to learn still. Are there a lot of people on here that help scrubs like me? I'm new to fighting games but willing to put in the time.
If you're in the US, there are almost always GAF players of various skill levels playing in battle lounges. Usually at night.

Also, check out this amazingly well made guide on r/StreetFighter for beginners. The basic lessons are split into parts/chapters so you can do it one at a time and eventually start doing all of them at the same time.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Just signed up for V-League!

Ranked 56%

Casuals is 46%

Average that out and I end up with a 51% winning percentage.

YES I AM THE DEFINITION OF AVERAGE!!!!

JayEH

Complete opposite for me. I beat players way above my league in casual all the time, but ranked feels so much more random. Still trying to figure out how to deal with it after 6 months of this game being out...

It definitely should be the opposite for me as well but I feel like even when I lose to a higher rank opponent in ranked it's not a blowout. Maybe I play better since I'm on edge more when in ranked haha.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
My graph doesn't make much sense considering that I typically go days/weeks at a time without playing, then put away hours of matches in a 1 to 2 day burst. EDIT: So I just noticed how they spread out the dates on the X-axis. Makes more sense now.

jeaevnK.png

Also, Capcom has to be running out of characters to feature on the official site at this point, 'cause they're starting to reach pretty far into the dregs:

kevin.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a Captain Commando yet? I actually think the link between him and C. Viper is kind of interesting.

I don't think there's a connection betweet Street Fighter 2010 and Captain Commando, right!?

Is there a Captain Commando yet? I actually think the link between him and C. Viper is kind of interesting.

I don't think there's a connection betweet Street Fighter 2010 and Captain Commando, right!?

There shouldn't be, captain commando is far in the future, it seems more likely that he's related to c viper than kevin striker.

Top Bottom