• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Had. I'm bad. I'm starting to spend a lot of time in training and just playing more so I'm hoping to improve but look at this wild ride I've been on.

P0L8za3.jpg

Started as a rashid player which I really like for how fast and crazy he can get but starting to learn Karin. She feels like a good fit but I just have so much to learn still. Are there a lot of people on here that help scrubs like me? I'm new to fighting games but willing to put in the time.
Oh wow a gaf celebrity.

Started as a rashid player which I really like for how fast and crazy he can get but starting to learn Karin. She feels like a good fit but I just have so much to learn still. Are there a lot of people on here that help scrubs like me? I'm new to fighting games but willing to put in the time.

I'm always happy to help and main Karin so if you have any questions then let me know. If I have time I can also look at some replays if you provide me with YT links.

Super Gold if that means anything to you. I'm ok at the game, I guess.

Edit: I totally didn't realise it was Buttsmasherrrrr lol. HMU bro!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Just costumes and shit though, right? Fairly certain there's no way to do 1-round survival in Pak.

It's impossible to do 1-round survival mods at all anymore. Cheat Engine doesn't mod the game files; it just fucks with the values in memory as the game is running.

One thing I've always wondered was why some characters like Ken, whom are fairly easy to play with and have easy combos, are made so that they also do really big damage. I get that a character like Ken shouldn't be rocket science to play with as far as execution, but I don't get the damage output in relation to the ease of use. Things get MUCH more difficult on the tournament scene for sure, bit it's still one less thing for you to think about vs someone playing with a more difficult character. Am I wrong? I good enough to recognize things, but ignorant enough to know that I definitely could be wrong.

Just a random question from a semi casual. Also, my damn R2 trigger just broke...

molnizzle

Cannot contain the salt when I lose to some idiot doing completely random unsafe bullshit. I know it's my fault for letting him get away with it but shit, it's hard to play smart when the opponent is busting out random moves you'd never expect because they're so unsafe.

linid0t

Ugh 4/7 people I've played today rage quit. Why doesn't this result in an automatic win for the other party? This is in bronze too, why do people even care about rank lol.

Ugh 4/7 people I've played today rage quit. Why doesn't this result in an automatic win for the other party? This is in bronze too, why do people even care about rank lol.
Dude, I play in casuals and still get rage quits, and I'm bronze as fuck. I'll never forgive Capcom for their lackadaisical approach to their online scene's integrity until it's fixed.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Dude, I play in casuals and still get rage quits, and I'm bronze as fuck. I'll never forgive Capcom for their lackadaisical approach to their online scene's integrity until it's fixed.

This is crazy to me. I have done Casuals last 2 weeks straight at least, not one RQ. I am Ultra Bronze or some shit, maybe Super? I forget to be honest. I main Karin too so you know winning with a CA and that laugh is coming you figure they'd pull the plug, but nope!

This is crazy to me. I have done Casuals last 2 weeks straight at least, not one RQ. I am Ultra Bronze or some shit, maybe Super? I forget to be honest. I main Karin too so you know winning with a CA and that laugh is coming you figure they'd pull the plug, but nope!
Lol, her laughing at me makes me want to throw my TV out of the window, but I never do. I take my losses like a man and hold that L!

*clutches chest*

I play FANG, so maybe my low tier-ness gets to them lol

Cannot contain the salt when I lose to some idiot doing completely random unsafe bullshit. I know it's my fault for letting him get away with it but shit, it's hard to play smart when the opponent is busting out random moves you'd never expect because they're so unsafe.

A few months ago, I had a major blow up over a Ken who I would bet my life wasn't even looking at the screen.

There's nothing worse except if they taunt while at it. I'm a happy and generally calm person but I'm not sure what I would do if that ever happened.

Sixfortyfive

anyone up for a lobby? would be cool to get a 3 or 4 man lobby going on

CFN: Whales

ggs. I felt like you did well enough in neutral but didn't know how to keep momentum.

Are you at least familiar with the moves you can punish in that match-up?

Whales

Banned
ggs. I felt like you did well enough in neutral but didn't know how to keep momentum.

Are you at least familiar with the moves you can punish in that match-up?

GGs. The match where I managed to stun you and then got reverse owned because I dropped my combo made me sad :(

You're probably the best Mika ive fought yet, that shit was crazy

Im really not too sure against mika.. I have no clue if her rolling shoulder move is positive or negative on block. I know her irish whip is like -30 but I suck at punishing it

For the rest, not really. I know her charged drop kick is like +2 on block tho

Sixfortyfive

GGs. The match where I managed to stun you and then got reverse owned because I dropped my combo made me sad :(

You're probably the best Mika ive fought yet, that shit was crazy

Im really not too sure against mika.. I have no clue if her rolling shoulder move is positive or negative on block. I know her irish whip is like -30 but I suck at punishing it

For the rest, not really. I know her charged drop kick is like +2 on block tho

c.HP can be anywhere from -4 to +1 on block depending on spacing. You just have to pay attention to the range. If she's close, then you can probably punish her, and even if she's far, you can probably get away with a jab and have it trade at worst. That move is only + on block at a near-perfect distance, and it won't come up that often. Since a good Mika will try to always hit with it at max distance, just be mindful of that range, stay just out of it, and be ready to whiff punish.

Her s.MP is the move that leads into most of her big damage opportunities, and its -2 on block. After a target combo (s.LK xx s.MP), it's -5 on block. So, you're always free to do something after that move.

Don't sit there and just block the charged s.HK drop kick. If possible, either (1) crush counter it (it only has 1 active frame, so it's actually not too hard to interrupt when you see it coming) or (2) neutral jump it and get a full punish combo. If you're forced to block it, it's usually a good idea to V-Reversal it if you have the meter.

Her f.HP is +3 on block, a crush counter, a launcher, and leaves her in range for an EX throw even when blocked, so you never want to contest Mika's meaty setups on your wake-up with something like a jab, because you're begging to get CC'd into another crush counter setup. Usually you're just going to want to choose between block, jump, throw tech, or SRK, unless you know that she doesn't have an airtight meaty setup available.

In ranked my win rate is 56%, in casual it's 67%. I'm not surprised since I always felt I ran into Gold players way more often in casual compared to rank where it's mainly Super Gold to Platinum. I wouldn't be surprised if it's because a lot of these guys called it quits when it came to rank when they barely reach gold.

I've played a lot but can't seem to get to Platinum on my own. I'm just waiting for the trickle down effect again so that everybody will just gradually move up together.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here changed their CFN id? I did the email process they want, they even answered, but it never happened.

How long did it take you?

SUPARSTARX

I'm so fucking triggered. This game needs working regional match making filters when you go into casual/ranked.

I'm so sick and tired of getting these foreign connections that go to crap after the versus loading screen from 4-5/5 connection filters.

molnizzle

Has anyone here changed their CFN id? I did the email process they want, they even answered, but it never happened.

How long did it take you?

Wait you can do this?

I currently play on PC. If I change my CFN to something else will I be able to register the same ID again on PS4? That would be awesome...

Mediking

Wow... I thank Juri for actually bringing me back into the game. Wow. She's crazy fun. Her Battle Costume makes her even better.

Shadoken

08_lijoetier01.jpg

08_lijoetier02.jpg

LIJoe Nash matchup chart. Looks mostly similar to FChamps.

Ok there is definitely something big idk about Fang matchup , if both of these guys are confidently saying its in Nash favor. Also Rashid moved from Unfavorable to favorable , that seems weird even Alex Valle was talking about how Rashid is very strong against Nash.

Also Bison matchup is 7-3 , I played story mode thats a lie /kappa.

Hopping on now. CFN: EtrianOddity

be right there

EDIT: Got another and then I'll call it a night. I just don't have the reflexes to get anything more than casual level at this game. My inputs just aren't fast enough even when I've got you minus on block. :(

GGs bud.

Top Bottom