• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Skilletor

I don't know about all the jaguar core stuff, but DF hit on this a long time ago:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-street-fighter-5-face-off

Performance is where we find more in the way of differentiation. We've already covered why you must run Street Fighter 5 at 60fps, and outlined the hardware required to do so (GTX 960 and R9 380 on high settings worked well for us) but since we posted our initial performance analysis, some more factors have come to light that may influence the purchasing decision if you're considering which platform to invest in.

Offline performance is great on PS4, but online can see frame-rate drops appear. In fact, replay footage from Street Fighter 5 compared to the same action captured during actual gameplay highlights a difference - suggesting that the netcode is causing issues for console gamers. Now, the funny thing is that on PC, we don't see these problems. Well, thanks to Charles Roman of Radiant Entertainment, we may well have an explanation.

"I work as a software engineer on Rising Thunder, using GGPO, a rollback based netcode solution similar to what SF5 does (we also use Unreal Engine 4)," he says. "The thing about online performance is that it is dependent on the ping, due to the fact that rollback netcode solutions will take input from a frame that has previously happened (up to some predetermined limit, in our case eight frames) and re-simulate those frames in between. This can possibly be taxing on the CPU as it has to re-simulate multiple frames, in a frame usually dedicated to only one frame in the case of say a replay. If they have not done a good job of optimising this code path, it can cause this difference between online/offline play, and will even be more significant in a higher latency game."

In short, frame-rate hits to the PS4 game may well be dependent on the network conditions between you and the opponent - so good matchmaking really is a must here. But the crucial thing here is that a typical gaming PC is far less likely to have this issue as CPU power tends to be more abundant.

LakeEarth

Will EX and CA kills in the VS CPU mode count toward those 300 count achievements/trophies

Counts for survival, so I think so. I don't think it matters though, if you're as addicted to SFV as I am, you'll get them eventually.

It's kind of dumb that the stats don't work, so you have no idea how close you are to these achievements. After ... fuck, nearly half a year!

Also dumb, it doesn't count EX or CA kills if you get a perfect.

Neoxon

Optimistic for sure. Capcom is listening and I think they're going to do what NetherRealm did with Mortal Kombat XL + more.
I'm not sure if Capcom can do much more with another disc release without cannibalizing Season 2's DLC. It'll at most be a collection of whatever updates & DLC came out this year.

this game started giving me people from the middle east again. done for today.

i hope the maintenance fixes something. yea, right.

edit: just saw the update. nice!

Counts for survival, so I think so. I don't think it matters though, if you're as addicted to SFV as I am, you'll get them eventually.

It's kind of dumb that the stats don't work, so you have no idea how close you are to these achievements. After ... fuck, nearly half a year!

Also dumb, it doesn't count EX or CA kills if you get a perfect.

I'll really need to work on meter management to finish rounds with CA. As Laura, I always spend it on EX fireball for pressure/mixups or to maximize damage after a V-Trigger confirm. I probably have fewer than 10 rounds with CA, lol.

LakeEarth

I'll really need to work on meter management to finish rounds with CA. As Laura, I always spend it on EX fireball for pressure/mixups or to maximize damage after a V-Trigger confirm. I probably have fewer than 10 rounds with CA, lol.

I guess that's true, certain characters are probably not in-tune with getting the CA win trophy. I play characters like Birdie and Alex, who need meter but need to land CA when the opportunity arises.

And if you play Balrog you'll get it in no time. Lots of people neutral jump in anticipation of a rush punch, and I use super to punish the shit out of them for trying.

Alchemist

I'm not sure if Capcom can do much more with another disc release without cannibalizing Season 2's DLC. It'll at most be a collection of whatever updates & DLC came out this year.

That should be the bare minimum. All DLC characters for this year are finished so going off today's development update, the content for the rest of the year is going to be what should have been there day one.

Alchemist

I can see them adding and changing a lot to bring in new players for Season 2. Characters, stages, new system mechanic or additional CA/V-Triggers, revamped UI and online experience, modes (online training, tournaments), 8f input delay and possibly a continuation of the cinematic story.

Neoxon

That should be the bare minimum. All DLC characters for this year are finished so going off today's development update, the content for the rest of the year is going to be what should have been there day one.
But I don't think they'd go much farther than that for a new disc, especially if they don't want to piss off existing owners. Again, they'd still have Season 2 DLC to sell.

Edzi

Maybe I'm not reading the update correctly, but it sounds like they're just adding an LP loss to the existing RQ penalty right? Wouldn't that mean that on top of innocent people getting locked out of the game for being RQ on four times, now they'll also be losing LP too?

Seriously, why can't Capcom just ping both players after a disconnected match and award/remove points based on who's still online?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I had a few matches now that were completely unplayable, worse than just normal rollback and in the rematch screen they appear as a 5 bar connection. Ridiculous.

I wish you could upload replays to youtube directly. I doubt they'll implement it, though.
Why not? SF4 had it. Not sure from what version on, though.

Both replay upload in both games didn't work. It was better to record the replay in USF4 on PC because how slow it is. And 3rd strikes just didn't work.

Obscura

Both replay upload in both games didn't work. It was better to record the replies in USF4 on PC because how slow it is. And 3rd strikes just didn't work.

3rd Strike youtube uploads definitely worked. They were in 240p though so they may as well not have. It was like watching two jumbles of sprites flail at each other.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I would be so salty, lol
A+lot+of+sodium+going+around+in+here+_1c9e4f7453556fcd668fb45e8414d72a.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has it ever been good? It's very obvious with characters like Ken and M.Bison when particle effects on their moves does not with the models.
Honestly, most of my matches are great. Overall it's much better than 4 ever was.
It could improve if the 5 bar filter would actually only give me 5 bar matches, though.

MrCarter

Has it ever been good? It's very obvious with characters like Ken and M.Bison when particle effects on their moves does not with the models.

It can have its off days but when there are strong connections on both sides it almost feels like offline. Hopefully there are more improvements and updates made. Also LOBBIES! That shit needs to be fixed ASAP, and not just any shoddy fix, I want a proper implementation of lobbies both geographically and in terms of features.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

The vast majority of my matches are near perfect. And I play Ken so I'm aware when it's slightly out of sync.

I still welcome any improvements they can make.

JayEH

99% of my games have been good since after launch week.

This Juri WIP kinda illustrates how much better SFV character models are than SFIV

True. Hope Capcom makes this a dlc costume evenutally (I imagine they will). I also think Juri is the best looking character in the game by far from character model to animations.

Hutchie

I can see them adding and changing a lot to bring in new players for Season 2. Characters, stages, new system mechanic or additional CA/V-Triggers, revamped UI and online experience, modes (online training, tournaments), 8f input delay and possibly a continuation of the cinematic story.

Do we need more system mechanics at the moment? Experts have barely scratch the surface of certain character's vskills etcs but i would be up for ken gettin his shinryuken back. More characters is a given i just hope they add good ones i.e. No one else from sfiv!

Top Bottom