• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mbpm1

No idea how this one got by me, but it certainly did. Probably 'cause I don't listen/read enough about the game and I mainly base my knowledge on what I experience. Gotta pay more attention.

Honestly considering how this game treat DLC characters and how rare inv reversals are it's fair to assume things aren't full inv rather than the other way around when a new char comes out

S (invincible meterless reversal)

Ryu
Ken
Necalli
Cammy

A (invincible metered reversal)

Guile
Chun-Li
Juri
Karin
Ibuki
Urien (non-EX headbutts also have armour on the first frame if V-Skill is stocked)
Rashid
F.A.N.G. (A unique case; his EX Nikankyaky has projectile and strike invincibility from frame 1 but not grab invincibility, meaning a smart opponent can still counter it)

B (metered moves with armour on the first frame)

Birdie

C (metered moves with armour on the third frame)

R. Mika
Alex
Laura
Balrog
Zangief

D (no invincible or armoured moves)

Nash
Bison
Vega
Dhalsim

LET IT BE KNOWN

Neoxon

Ryu
Ken
Necalli
Cammy

Guile
Chun-Li
Juri
Karin
Ibuki
Rashid

Birdie
Urien (with V-Skill stocked)

R. Mika
Alex
Laura
Balrog
Zangief

Nash
Urien (without V-Skill)
Bison
Vega
Dhalsim

LET IT BE KNOWN
Isn't Urien's headbutt invincible with meter?

It seemed invincible when I tried Beta Urien on the PC version. Granted, this could change for his final release, but still.

Alright, I bumped him up to B-tier with an additional note. I guess he's kinda B+ tier, cuz he technically has access to a decent meterless reversal with VS stocked.

Tried out a bunch of different characters today. Ryu really is a gundam and Zangief is great fun if you abuse his V-skill, but I'm probably going to settle with Nash. Just gotta figure out his movement first. His dash is amazing.
To be honest, there's really no reason why he doesn't have a meterless invincible reversal. It's just the nature of these toned down DLC characters.
Metered Air Knee Strike reversal for 2017!

less go

Ryu
Ken
Necalli
Cammy

Guile
Chun-Li
Juri
Karin
Ibuki
Urien (non-EX headbutts also have armour on the first frame if V-Skill is stocked)
Rashid
F.A.N.G. (A unique case; his EX Nikankyaky has projectile and strike invincibility from frame 1 but not grab invincibility, meaning a smart opponent can still counter it)

Birdie

R. Mika
Alex
Laura
Balrog
Zangief

Nash
Bison
Vega
Dhalsim

LET IT BE KNOWN

All 'bout that Sim life.

*loses a huge lead cornered*

Karin's reversal is garbage though.
You can neutral jump it or just do a late jump in to beat it/trade because the invincible frames stop super fast; Juri's isn't much better.

Also bison's ex stomp has no hurtbox for the first 4 frames I think.

You can neutral jump it or just do a late jump in to beat it/trade because the invincible frames stop super fast; Juri's isn't much better.

Also bison's ex stomp has no hurtbox for the first 4 frames I think.

It's still an invincible DP though, which means Oki-focused characters aren't as able to run train on her as easily if she has meter. Just the threat of eating a DP is enough to deter a lot of people.

It'd be cool if for S2 they gave Alex's EX Air Knee Smash its ground hitbox back and gave it some invincibility/armour for good measure just to make him slightly less free to wakeup pressure :T

Sigmaah

Ima learn cammy next, seems to have everything I look for in a rush down character plus invincible reversal.

THE CHEAP STUFF

kirblar

Ryu
Ken
Necalli
Cammy

Guile
Chun-Li
Juri
Karin
Ibuki
Rashid

Birdie

R. Mika
Alex
Laura
Balrog
Zangief

Nash
Bison
Vega
Dhalsim

LET IT BE KNOWN
Is Birdie's frame 1 armor V-Trigger only or am I misremembering?

It's still an invincible DP though, which means Oki-focused characters aren't as able to run train on her as easily if she has meter. Just the threat of eating a DP is enough to deter a lot of people.

It'd be cool if for S2 they gave Alex's EX Air Knee Smash its ground hitbox back and gave it some invincibility/armour for good measure just to make him slightly less free to wakeup pressure :T
Alex is still missing a lot of 3S exclusive stuff that needs to be brought back. EX AKS becoming a full fledged reversal is not a bad idea, his D j.HP cross chop should be usable at several levels of his jump arc again as it was in 3S, mp+mk overhead should come back as f.MK, and spiral DDT absolutely should return because dash up command grab attempts are a gamble that no characters should have to use as part of their regular gameplan. His b.HP headbutt that can be blocked and b.HP choke hold (already made redundant by backdrop) really don't add much to his neutral and wakeup games that need serious help. They can rest in peace.
Better to have a shitty reversal than none at all.

JayEH

Hopefully balrog gets his ex upper changed to first frame armor so he's not completely free on wake up. I've been going back to ken after a couple weeks of exclusive balrog and I played a couple Balrogs as ken and I realized how much you can completely bully him.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Karin's reversal isn't garbage, you just have to time it a little bit as an anti-air. But other DPs have their whiff scenarios, too.

I always thought that they should change Alex's V-Reversal to Spiral DDT and give it similar properties to Mika's Stone-Cold Stunner. It would help his neutral game a lot, and honestly it makes no sense for a character who already lacks reversal options to have one of the worst V-Reversals in the game.

I always thought that they should change Alex's V-Reversal to Spiral DDT and give it similar properties to Mika's Stone-Cold Stunner. It would help his neutral game a lot, and honestly it makes no sense for a character who already lacks reversal options to have one of the worst V-Reversals in the game.
EX spiral DDTs with fast startup at neutral would be too important a tool to lose in SFV. His b. HP headbutt would be perfect v-reversal candidate. I'm actually surprised they essentially reused his s.MK move as V-reversal. Weird considering how much care they put into his animations and moveset otherwise (seriously, he has a ton of specials).

Surprised by people wanting DDT back. It looks awesome yeah, but I always thought it was kind of a garbage move in SF3 outside of gimmick setups.

If given the choice I'd take a 1 frame reduction off of his forward dash and Power Bomb startup; that way he'd be able to dash in and grab in fewer frames than it takes Birdie's EX Bull Revenger to come out as well as giving him better options in general.

I'm just spitballing though. Not gonna pretend like I even remotely know how to balance a game like this.

Karin's reversal isn't garbage, you just have to time it a little bit as an anti-air. But other DPs have their whiff scenarios, too.

It's trash, it gets beaten by neutral jumps because it moves forward while it has 3 seperate hitboxes that aren't active 100% of the time, and the invincible frames wear off 1 frame after it becomes active.
Juri's is better because it's active longer before losing invincible frames and the hitboxes cover more vertical space.

Sayad

Ryu
Ken
Necalli
Cammy

Guile
Chun-Li
Juri
Karin
Ibuki
Rashid

Birdie

R. Mika
Alex
Laura
Balrog
Zangief

Nash
Bison
Vega
Dhalsim

LET IT BE KNOWN
Doesn't Dhalsim have wake up teleport? And Nash, Bison and Dhalsim have invincible start up supers while Nash also have invincible startup up V-Trigger. Vaga has nothing, NOTHING!!! Not even a V-Reversal if he's in the corner.

It's trash, it gets beaten by neutral jumps because it moves forward while it has 3 seperate hitboxes that aren't active 100% of the time, and the invincible frames wear off 1 frame after it becomes active.
Juri's is better because it's active longer before losing invincible frames and the hitboxes cover more vertical space.

I don't think it's trash. It just doesn't cover all the bases, just alot of them.

I wish capcom took this in account for more moves in this game.

Wait a second, I wasted a meter all this time to leave people standing with EX Boom, when MP > LK target combo has the same advantage. WHAT?

No one freakin' told me that Guile's somersaults weren't totally invincible like a Ryu MP DP except for his EX version! A huge reason as to why going against him always had me so freaked out was the assumption that, even without meter, trying to do something to him on wake-up was a risk.

Thank you, CountBlack, for telling me this. Now I won't have to opt for crazy stuff when going against him.
Every guile player complained about this on release man lol

FluxWaveZ

Who tryna play a set inv cfn is Sigmaah

I can play. I'll hope on in a sec; CFN's FluxWaveZ.

Edit: I tried logging into the server twice and it wouldn't have it because this game is great. Online now, though.

Edit 2: I guess you're not available anymore.

Can the distance of Cammy's V-Reversal somehow vary? I'm testing this even mid-screen and it seems to work no matter how far I hit her with Lady Mika. Even a charged st.HK.

Edzi

Anyone playing? Haven't touched the game for the last half of the week, so I'm feeling pretty rusty. CFN EdziPC

SephLuis

Juri EX pinwheel is completely invincible ? I am probably fucking up it's execution on wake up
Also, the most bizarre thing happened, Mika went through a EX kikosho with EX Peach. Wth

mbpm1

Juri EX pinwheel is completely invincible ? I am probably fucking up it's execution on wake up
Also, the most bizarre thing happened, Mika went through a EX kikosho with EX Peach. Wth

EX Pinwheel is def full inv.

It seems to run out of invincibility quickly though

Neoxon

I just had an idea that I thought of while on Reddit. What if Capcom were to offer (somewhat more conservative) tournament costumes for each of the CPT Premier Events?

For example, Final Round 20 comes along, so Capcom could make wrestling-themed Final Round costumes for the entire existing cast & have 75+% of the proceeds go towards the Final Round prize pool. Of course, with the backlash towards the CPT DLC pack, they should probably price the costumes more fairly. And better yet, those who are competing at Final Round 20 can get a free code upon entry to get said costumes for free. Not to mention that it would get the likes of ESPN to not complain about the costumes since they aren't as revealing as the regular costumes.

Top Bottom