• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Mediking

That's what happens when you have a character in which his hobby consists of training literally all day lol.

Ryu's earned it at this point.

I'm actually happy for Ryu because he showed some kind of character development. His Hadoken is now a protection beam or something when he wants it to be? He saved Chun!

I'm actually happy for Ryu because he showed some kind of character development. His Hadoken is now a protection beam or something when he wants it to be? He saved Chun!

While the story mode did have some of the dumbest shit ever happen in it, I think it handled most of the characters really well.

And that's what matters most imo.

Question for everyone - having finished a match and been taken to the rematch screen/option, has it ever just disappeared on you despite hitting confirm?

Like, NO, you're not getting that rematch.

Mediking

While the story mode did have some of the dumbest shit ever happen in it, I think it handled most of the characters really well.

And that's what matters most imo.

ChunXRyu confirmed?

I think it's teased that Ryu doesn't even have to fight anymore... Ken sees that his best friend has transcended into some crazy high power but Ryu says that he will train regardless even though he doesn't need to.

So... SF6 really should just do the Goku and Chi-Chi thing. Let Ryu and Chun get married. Or just do another time skip in general.

Moaradin

Question for everyone - having finished a match and been taken to the rematch screen/option, has it ever just disappeared on you despite hitting confirm?

Like, NO, you're not getting that rematch.

That happens if they back out and don't accept the rematch.

Though sometimes the server just craps out.

mbpm1

I think it's teased that Ryu doesn't even have to fight anymore... Ken sees that his best friend has transcended into some crazy high power but Ryu says that he will train regardless even though he doesn't need to.

So... SF6 really should just do the Goku and Chi-Chi thing. Let Ryu and Chun get married. Or just do another time skip in general.

Ryu is not content with A-tier, he wants S-tier!

I finally finished Story Mode and while it was a mess at times... there was some cool moments.... but can we please talk about Ryu? The man has reached Super Saiyan levels of strength and power now.

Yet even then he's still defeated by Oro in SF3. Though after that Oro starts training him, so he's only going to get even stronger with his new King Kaio training. =P

Mediking

Ryu is not content with A-tier, he wants S-tier!

Yet even then he's still defeated by Oro in SF3. Though after that Oro starts training him, so he's only going to get even stronger with his new King Kaio training. =P

Hmmmm..... it's weird because there's like 2 or 3 scenes in the Story Mode where Ryu calls upon this cool blue power and looks at peace and is super powerful. I was actually grinning at these moments because I was seeing actual character development and something was happening that I cared about.

I'm not saying he's the strongest in the universe but he really shouldn't be losing to anyone unless their fighting style is super unique AND has transcended like Ryu has.

Hmmmm..... it's weird because there's like 2 or 3 scenes in the Story Mode where Ryu calls upon this cool blue power and looks at peace and is super powerful. I was actually grinning at these moments because I was seeing actual character development and something was happening that I cared about.

I'm not saying he's the strongest in the universe but he really shouldn't be losing to anyone unless their fighting style is super unique AND has transcended like Ryu has.

He seems to be on the same level as some of the hardest hitters, but he's still weaker than at least 4 characters in the SF universe.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So has the new ragequit system improved the overall experience for you?

I just played ranked for the first time since the patch and the 3rd opponent was a garbage Ken with an 11 game winstreak that obviously RQd on me. So, yeah...

Pachimari

Wow, just read about the new penalty system on Facebook. So you get taken 1000 LP and banned for 24 hours if you quit 3 matches within 2 hours? This is fantastic!

I think I'm gonna buy Juri and get back into the game tomorrow.

So with the penalty implementation yesterday, did we also get the daily challenges etc.?

I still think the RQ system could be better and more simpler.

Just make The RQer the loser of the match. It's that simple.

Wow, just read about the new penalty system on Facebook. So you get taken 1000 LP and banned for 24 hours if you quit 3 matches within 2 hours? This is fantastic!

So with the penalty implementation yesterday, did we also get the daily challenges etc.?

No. That's not until September

Pompadour

I still think the RQ system could be better and more simpler.

Just make The RQer the loser of the match. It's that simple.

Because in that situation you either take your L and lose your points or rage quit, lose your points, and deny your opponent the W out of spite.

Now, if they could accurately decide who rage quit and award the win and loss accordingly that's what they should do. However, I'm not aware of a fighting game that does this so there may be a reason why. They typically just give the RQer a loss and maybe put them in jail.

molnizzle

Because in that situation you either take your L and lose your points or rage quit, lose your points, and deny your opponent the W out of spite.

Now, if they could accurately decide who rage quit and award the win and loss accordingly that's what they should do. However, I'm not aware of a fighting game that does this so there may be a reason why. They typically just give the RQer a loss and maybe put them in jail.

Hearthstone does it, why not fighting games?

While that's better than nothing, the LP tax should be a set percertage of your current amount, rather than just a 1000. A 1000 LP isn't much to someone that's already diamond or some shit, for instance, but let it be like 25-35% of your current LP standing and you taking massive rank drops for quitting, which would be especially taxing on high ranking players, whom seem to be low key notorious for doing it too.

Csr

As opposed to now where he doesn't lose his points unless he rage quits 3 times in 3 hours, i fail to see how that would not be better, you don't get awarded any wins now either.

According to haunts the system checks who is still connected to the server (he said who is still in matchmaking but i am not sure what happens when user is not using matchmaking) and who isn't to decide who's fault it was.

I am not sure why they don't give the winner any points either, maybe to not create an opposite situation where someone finds some kind of exploit to disconnect the other person and give himself points?

FluxWaveZ

Anyone wanna throw down against a mediocre Alex/a decent Mika?

My CFN's Scrafty and I'm located in Southern Ontario if that matters to you.

I can play, CFN's FluxWaveZ. I'll be on in a sec.

https://youtu.be/HsqVVVV5UPQ

Can't believe guys this high up are still caring about points enough to quit on me -_-

So childish...

At least now you have the pleasure of knowing they'll inevitably be punished for that behavior.

Nice comeback, btw.

Mediking

I wanna talk about the Story Mode again... doesn't the cinematic trailer for the game or something kinda suggest that Nash killed Bison even though it turns out Super Saiyan Ryu is the one who really defeated him????

And how did FANG survive getting knocked into lava??? Did he really flap his arms like wings to escape even though it appeared he was gonna die?

And why was Rashid's no face friend suddenly such a how aspect in the story...?

I wanna talk about the Story Mode again... doesn't the cinematic trailer for the game or something kinda suggest that Nash killed Bison even though it turns out Super Saiyan Ryu is the one who really defeated him????

And how did FANG survive getting knocked into lava??? Did he really flap his arms like wings to escape even though it appeared he was gonna die?

And why was Rashid's no face friend suddenly such a how aspect in the story...?

He didn't, nash couldn't beat bison, he was never on that level, helen gave him some boost, or it made him stop holding back or something, but it was never enough.
We don't see any damage, but I think Nash did weaken bison, Ryu just finished him off.

I guess he did exactly that, or something else stopped him from falling in.

Rashid's friend was important because they put a failsafe in the system that only rashid could use.

Mediking

He didn't, nash couldn't beat bison, he was never on that level, helen gave him some boost, or it made him stop holding back or something, but it was never enough.
We don't see any damage, but I think Nash did weaken bison, Ryu just finished him off.

I guess he did exactly that, or something else stopped him from falling in.

Rashid's friend was important because they put a failsafe in the system that only rashid could use.

Yeah, I know. I was just flashbacking to how the cinematic trailer suggests that Nash killed Bison when he really didn't. That same goofy cinematic trailer also suggested that Necalli swallowed Ryu's dark power when Necalli got destroyed by Super Saiyan Ryu.... with ease.

And Rashid's friend is incredibly important yet we never see that person's face but we see the person get killed. But you wanna know who we do see alot of? SO MANY RANDOM DOLLS.

Yeah, I know. I was just flashbacking to how the cinematic trailer suggests that Nash killed Bison when he really didn't. That same goofy cinematic trailer also suggested that Necalli swallowed Ryu's dark power when Necalli got destroyed by Super Saiyan Ryu.... with ease.

And Rashid's friend is incredibly important yet we never see that person's face but we see the person get killed. But you wanna know who we do see alot of? SO MANY RANDOM DOLLS.

Heh, ryu didn't really beat necalli though, he just gets back up confused as to why he can't consume his soul. Then he just leaves when dhalsim tells him his soul can't be consumed anymore.

I think the faceless friend kinda works, they are only really important to rashid, and not us as the viewer.

Top Bottom