• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

VariantX

Plain clothes laura and kung fu fang plz. Capcom needs to stop making gar-baaage ken alts. Those ideas are bad and Capcom should feel bad.

SFV Ken was a mistake.
It's Capcom theme structure for the characters or something. It's really f'n annoying. They must have Kens archetype under "Alt Ryu Humor" because he always gets comical outrageous outfits while Ryu's are usually tried and true to his character.

Ken is not a jokester, he's not a comedian, and definitely not Ryu's fan girl. I don't understand why they always have to crap on him? Off the top of my head I can think of outfits that fit the character ten times better than what's shown above and his horrible biker buzz cut outfit.

Tuxedo (Ken's rich duh)
Modern workout clothes
Jeans n T-shirt with a man bun
Bison Cloak with red Gi

But we'll probably just get another cowboy suit because Capcom hates Ken.

Neoxon

It's an actual Saturn-type 8 way pad instead of a 4-way SNES pad. Depends on your personal preference.
I absolutely love the Sega Saturn D-Pad, so I may actually go for it as my emergency controller. I mean, I do like the traditional 4-way D-Pad, but the Wii U & Vita D-Pads kind of set the standard too high for me in that regard. That said, Hori does make some solid-ass D-Pads.

FluxWaveZ

Ken - Holiday
36ayc7k.jpg

Stay losing, Ken.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Stay losing, Ken.

For real. I shouldn't be surprised by this garbage but I am.

I get that there's a lot of profit to be made putting big titted ladies in swimsuits and evening gowns, but could Capcom maybe crank up production on outfits for their most popular characters, like, I dunno, Ken?

JayEH

These God awful Ken alts are making me want to drop the character lol. His default design is really good imo and they keep brining him down with these costumes.

Neoxon

CFN put up some more alternate attire concepts. Again, these may come to fruition if there’s demand for them.

Birdie - Formal
Nz9N4on.jpg

Ken - Holiday
36ayc7k.jpg

Guile - Sheriff
W7pV2x7.jpg

M. Bison - Pirate
SGaMCPA.jpg

Laura - Plain Clothes
ZPMDPJG.jpg

F.A.N.G - Kung Fu Style
4hl5os0.jpg
I recall Formal Birdie being used in SFV concept art in the past, but I really hope that Formal Birdie, Plain Clothes Laura, Kung Fu Style F.A.N.G, & Pirate Bison end up happening at some point (perhaps for Season 2). Plain Clothes Laura would be a great way to get ESPN off of Capcom's back if Laura ends up being played on live television.

Ryce

I’ve mentioned some of these before, but there are so many costumes that I want to see.
  • Ryu - hooded robe with beard (Jedi Master/hermit)
  • Ken - tuxedo, biker
  • Chun-Li - Alpha attire
  • Zangief - Russian civilian clothes
  • Balrog - classic attire
  • Vega - Smooth Criminal, matador
  • Birdie - Union Jack punk rocker, mall Santa, pro wrestling costume, Sgt. Pepper Beatles knockoff
  • R. Mika - a variety of pro wrestling costumes
  • Alex - pro wrestling costume
  • F.A.N.G - Chinese hopping vampire, plague doctor

Can someone explain to me why this meaty with Nash doesn't work?

MP Tragedy assault, cMP in the corner

Tragedy assault should be +7, cMP is 6 frames with 3 active frames. I don't see why it would whiff after the knockdown.

With practice I should be able to delay the cMP and get the meaty link to sFP, but it's really weird that it doesn't just hit with the buffer timing.

I’ve mentioned some of these before, but there are so many costumes that I want to see.
  • Ryu - hooded robe with beard (Jedi Master/hermit)
  • Ken - tuxedo, biker
  • Chun-Li - Alpha attire
  • Zangief - Russian civilian clothes
  • Balrog - classic attire
  • Vega - Smooth Criminal, matador
  • Birdie - Union Jack punk rocker, mall Santa, pro wrestling costume, Sgt. Pepper Beatles knockoff
  • R. Mika - a variety of pro wrestling costumes
  • Alex - pro wrestling costume
  • F.A.N.G - Chinese hopping vampire, plague doctor
Alex should get his New Generation MMA outfit. Until my dying day I will not understand what Capcom was trying with his looks in SFV.

AlexSF3NGalt_zpsx9f9z4zu.jpg

Coda

I wish people could see my Zangief costume R. Mika mod online. It's just too good. I like Mika's secret alt but let her have an outfit without the mask on, I don't get why everyone of her alts has it.

I wish people could see my Zangief costume R. Mika mod online. It's just too good. I like Mika's secret alt but let her have an outfit without the mask on, I don't get why everyone of her alts has it.

It says in her contract that she's never allowed to break kayfabe, even when enjoying a day at the beach.

Kikirin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214272075]Can someone explain to me why this meaty with Nash doesn't work?

MP Tragedy assault, cMP in the corner

Tragedy assault should be +7, cMP is 6 frames with 3 active frames. I don't see why it would whiff after the knockdown.

With practice I should be able to delay the cMP and get the meaty link to sFP, but it's really weird that it doesn't just hit with the buffer timing.[/QUOTE]

Is the knockdown advantage not +8? ToolAssisted's oki tool lists it as such, and if that were the case, it'd be short of meatying by 1f.

Someone just pulled a losequit on me in the Nash mirror. He had a South Korea flag so I'm going to assume it was Infiltration.

B E S T I N T H E W O R L D B O Y S

kirblar

Saturn pads still only have 4 cardinal direction switches under the hood.
Of course. The lack of a "DF/DB/UF/UB" option with an SNES style pad is still a problem for me. The pad just makes it a billion times easier to pivot for charge moves and it makes your thumb hurt a lot less.

Does SFV have a good tutorial and matchmaking? I haven't played a real fighting game in years . . .
Very bad tutorial you are better off watching YouTube videos. But matchmaking has been fixed for the most part. You will get matched up with people close to your rank most of the times.

Hmm alright. What would be a good character to start with?
Depends on what you like and what you're trying to do. If you like to keep your distance and control the match then Ryu and Nash are for you. If you want a top tier character and pokes then you'd be looking for someone like Chun Li. If you want some versatility and randomness to your characters then Necalli and Ken are right up your alley. Other somewhat strong characters with pokes (but weak health and stun) are Karin and Cammy. If putting someone in a blender is more your style then Mika might be the one for you. You generally want someone with an AA jab, a meterless reversal and a command grab (not necessary, but good to have) if possible. Juri, Balrog and Ibuki are somewhat okay compared to the top tier of the cast, but the DLC characters in general are worse, so you should think carefully about that if you don't want to end up spending money on a character you won't use down the road (I did with Alex who I dropped about a week ago).

Depends on what you like and what you're trying to do. If you like to keep your distance and control the match then Ryu and Nash are for you. If you want a top tier character and pokes then you'd be looking for someone like Chun Li. If you want some versatility and randomness to your characters then Necalli and Ken are right up your alley. Other somewhat strong characters with pokes (but weak health and stun) are Karin and Cammy. If putting someone in a blender is more your style then Mika might be the one for you. You generally want someone with an AA jab, a meterless reversal and a command grab (not necessary, but good to have) if possible. Juri, Balrog and Ibuki are somewhat okay compared to the top tier of the cast, but the DLC characters in general are worse, so you should think carefully about that if you don't want to end up spending money on a character you won't use down the road (I did with Alex who I dropped about a week ago).

Dont forget Birdie, with his huge health, damage, and range on regular hits with a ton of utility attacks.

Uriah

Sorry for the noobish question, but what is good way to use a DS4 on PC wirelessly? Forgot how shit the Xbox 360 controller was at this lol

Neoxon

One of my relatives is currently learning the ways of Street Fighter. He chose Balrog.

Not sure if it'll be a hard time for him or not.

Top Bottom