• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

That stance kinda looks like Necalli.

Possible. This shot from the trailer shows a silhouette with tear resembling the standard shoto-gi sleeve tear.

2uoUFORh.jpg
Gouken took on another student.

Necalli. Shoto Necalli.
Is that the Surviror song as BGM confirmed or just standing in for the mod?
Survivor? That sounded like a remix of the music in the official opening cinematic of the game.

Zackat

Now that I've had more time to think about it, this bundle can either go good or bad depending on one thing. Exactly what percentage of the money is going to the CPT. Of course, anyone has the right to be disappointed/annoyed by how much the bundle costs (I 100% agree that it's too expensive for what's being offered).

However, supporting the CPT through a "Dota-styled compendium" is a good thing, and personally for anyone that doesn't care about the money going to support CPT and just wants the bundle to be cheaper, I can't really sympathize with any of your bitching or complaining. I can't think of a single gaming community that's worked as hard through decades just to stay relevant and consistently get bigger through all the shit they've gone through, and those top players deserve way more money than they've been getting.

Of course, it's hard for me to justify buying this bundle until we get a percentage of how much support they're getting (at the very least the Prize Pool should be getting a third of the money generated from sales). Any less would start to come off really scummy and would be really fucked up of Capcom to do considering how bloated the prices are. Even then, I'd still give them the benefit of the doubt since this is their first time doing something like this for the game and I can only hope they improve with the next Prize Pool bundle (and their DLC in general).

And of course, any PC user has the right to be frustrated in general since it's really fucked up that they don't get the bundle and have to buy everything piece meal. It's really really dumb, regardless of the reasons.
Yep pretty much. Like I said in a previous post, if Nintendo did this for Smash the response would be so much different then what we are getting in here. That being said, they aren't anywhere near clear enough on the split.

Also, my money is on that mystery costume being a "legendary" skin that is probably gonna go for 10 bucks at least I bet.

SSReborn

image.php
It's whatever you want it to be.

1) Not ready yet
2) Want to keep it as a hype surprise as there might be more stuff accompanying it
3) Might be a reference to the story in Season 2
4) Might be Evil Ryu so naturally they want to wait as long as possible till people have blocked that shit out of their memory.
yeah its probably this but part of me hopes its for someone unannounced.

And of course, any PC user has the right to be frustrated in general since it's really fucked up that they don't get the bundle and have to buy everything piece meal. It's really really dumb, regardless of the reasons.

The bundle only really gets you a 3 dollar discount since titles/colours aren't buyable with real money anyway.
Dunno, personally don't see 3 dollars are "really fucked up".

jett

D-Member
So according to Combofiend, he's using those win/lose statistics as proof that the game is balanced and that no characters require any major tweaking.

okay bruh

So according to Combofiend, he's using those win/lose statistics as proof that the game is balanced and that no characters require any major tweaking.

okay bruh
And he also said this:

No he doesn't.c Combofiend said at the panel that online and offline is different and doesn't mean that just because they are winning online does not mean that they have weaknesses.

Skilletor

All this bitching.

Tired of these threads.

I went 3-2. Several of my friends out of pools! Hype.

Grabbing some lunch and heading back. All my money to support this awesome community.

Is it just me, or are SFV matches way more fun and interesting to watch then SFIV?

I could watch these SFV pools all day, but SFIV makes me fall asleep.

Neoxon

Is it just me, or are SFV matches way more fun and interesting to watch then SFIV?

I could watch these SFV pools all day, but SFIV makes me fall asleep.
I kinda feel the same way. I mean, don't get me wrong, SFIV can be hype at around Top 32 or so, but SFV is interesting to watch regardless.

The bundle only really gets you a 3 dollar discount since titles/colours aren't buyable with real money anyway.
Dunno, personally don't see 3 dollars are "really fucked up".

I mean it doesnt change the fact that the colors/titles are still content the PS4 owners are getting with the $25 bundle while the PC owners are getting less and buying it all seperately at $28. Its still screwed up imo since it should be equal for both, but there are probably bigger reasons why its not.

Really fucked up is pretty harsh words though. I didn't know the difference wasnt that big. I should've worked the math out in my head first.

Neoxon

Yeah, looks like Akuma to me, too.
Again, we have little reason to believe that it's a new character. I mean, I would love for it to be a new character, but the wording of the blog post seems to go against the idea.

SSReborn

So was the Capcom panel just a showcase of more cosmetics to buy?

Pretty much they also mentioned that they were investigating the 8 frames but they wouldn't be able to do anything until after the cpt concludes.

Also there was some small info like, who's the most played characters, least played, win percentages etc.

Again, we have little reason to believe that it's a new character. I mean, I would love for it to be a new character, but the wording of the blog post seems to go against the idea.

Also even if they said it was a character, there's people on this thread that still wouldn't believe it.

Skilletor

Didn't realize you're at EVO. Good luck, my man.

Yup! Happy with how I played. Having a lot of fun.

Met a couple people that evo was their first tourney. Invited them to our room later to get more games in.

Usually after a tourney, I want to take a break, but this game I just want to play more.

Top Bottom