• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

SSReborn

I hope I'm wrong too. I really like SNK and want to see them succeed.

KOF XIV has auto combos by mashing square so it should be easier to pick up and play compared to previous games.

Really? So is it basically the same system used in Persona 4 Arena?

I believe those auto combos do less damage than regular combos, but of course they're much more reliable and more easier to pull out. Basically a crutch that newer players can still use while they're learning.

Haven't played Persona 4 Arena so can't really compare with that.

Awww yeah.

dan-sf4-select.jpg

Please.

I believe those auto combos do less damage than regular combos, but of course they're much more reliable and more easier to pull out. Basically a crutch that newer players can still use while they're learning.

Basically the same thing with persona. Autocombos that do less damage and usually end with supers that do less damage but take only about 30% of your meter as opposed to the 50% they usually do.

JayEH

Yeah it's similar to P4.

I downloaded it at one point but I really hated being forced to play one specific character without buying someone.

Well, they do have a revolving free character every week. So every week you can play as a different character. Obviously, they're gonna want you to buy the bundles and stuff. Still though, the training mode in that game is literally the best training mode I've ever seen in a fighting game.

That shit not only teaches you basics like the fundamentals of blocking and how to Anti Air but goes as far as teaching the frames in move animations, how to properly meaty, take advantage of counter hits and how to take advantage of all the game's systems.

The game is really a lot of fun, and maybe 3-4 characters can be described as normal, the rest are WACKY AS FUCK.

We are talking Dinosaur with robotic components that can breathe fire, a rip-off of the Human Torch from Fantastic Four, An undead Japanese ghost lady, A black boxer, A mummy that spits bugs and sand as well as many others.

EDIT: And you've probably already heard, but Killer Instinct probably has THE BEST netcode of any major fighting game out there.

Scotia

Banned
I really miss KI. I had to sell my X-Box just before Cinder (my favourite KI character) came out and I haven't been able to play it since :(

KingBroly

Banned
Well, they do have a revolving free character every week. So every week you can play as a different character. Obviously, they're gonna want you to buy the bundles and stuff. Still though, the training mode in that game is literally the best training mode I've ever seen in a fighting game.

That shit not only teaches you basics like the fundamentals of blocking and how to Anti Air but goes as far as teaching the frames in move animations, how to properly meaty, take advantage of counter hits and how to take advantage of all the game's systems.

The game is really a lot of fun, and maybe 3-4 characters can be described as normal, the rest are WACKY AS FUCK.

We are talking Dinosaur with robotic components that can breathe fire, a rip-off of the Human Torch from Fantastic Four, An undead Japanese ghost lady, A black boxer, A mummy that spits bugs and sand as well as many others.

There's also He-Man, Raphael, Optimus Prime and Ryu

All KI needs is Buster Bunny

Xeteh

EDIT: And you've probably already heard, but Killer Instinct probably has THE BEST netcode of any major fighting game out there.

Yeah, I thought about giving it more of a go. I do really like what I've seen of it but I already play one game where no one I know plays it so I mostly sit in training. That being said, I should probably go mess around with their tutorial stuff, you're not the first person I've heard praise it.

I really miss KI. I had to sell my X-Box just before Cinder (my favourite KI character) came out and I haven't been able to play it since :(

Its on PC now, granted you gotta use the Windows store but it is there.

There's also He-Man, Raphael, Optimus Prime and Ryu

All KI needs is Buster Bunny
He-Man = Tusk
Ryu = Jago
Raphael = Sadira?
Optimus Prime = Fulgore?

Yeah, I thought about giving it more of a go. I do really like what I've seen of it but I already play one game where no one I know plays it so I mostly sit in training. That being said, I should probably go mess around with their tutorial stuff, you're not the first person I've heard praise it.

Its on PC now, granted you gotta use the Windows store but it is there.
Yeah, it's W10 store exclusive. There's also cross-play between W10 and X1 so finding other player's shouldn't be an issue. And there's always new players for practically every fighting game post-EVO so you shouldn't have too much trouble. The game was practically built around online so you shouldn't have any issues finding people to play with.

JayEH

Think I'll try KI again once that new retail version hits. Only problem is I hate the Xbone controller for fighters.

I couldn't play KI because (for me) the x1 dpad is several magnitudes worse than the x360 one, and I just stopped playing it.
Also don't have windows 10.

Shito

Basically the same thing with persona. Autocombos that do less damage and usually end with supers that do less damage but take only about 30% of your meter as opposed to the 50% they usually do.
Clever thing about P4A autocombos was that they were building bars like crazy: that way they stayed interesting to use even for confirmed players. You would basically trade damage for meter when you needed it.
You could also, for certain characters, stop them when you wanted to branch off to a more damaging "real" combo.
This was actually a really neat and well thought out mechanic...

Aww come on guys, don't be like that. It won't be THAT bad right? I mean they have so many lobby and online features for grouping and stuff.

KoF13 had noticeable lag even against people with the best connections. It kind of killed that game most the time because it is very reliant on timing and speed. It was an upgrade over KoF12 though so hopefully KoF14 will be decent.

Raitaro

Well, great, now I can't download update 1.06 either due to the same errors: "Failed to download the title update" -> pressing ok -> "Update file installation failed. [22004]" Crap.

I held some hope that I got the error with 1.05 earlier today due to Capcom preparing 1.06 but apparently there is still something not working properly either on their end or mine (despite not having any internet problems with my PS4 or router usually). Did nobody else ran into this? I can't be the only one, surely?

KoF13 had noticeable lag even against people with the best connections. It kind of killed that game most the time because it is very reliant on timing and speed. It was an upgrade over KoF12 though so hopefully KoF14 will be decent.

Weird, I played with a friend of mine 4000km's away and kof13 was fine really.

Well, great, now I can't download update 1.06 either due to the same errors: "Failed to download the title update" -> pressing ok -> "Update file installation failed. [22004]" Crap.

I held some hope that I got the error with 1.05 earlier today due to Capcom preparing 1.06 but apparently there is still something not working properly either on their end or mine (despite not having any internet problems with my PS4 or router usually). Did nobody else ran into this? I can't be the only one, surely?
Servers are currently down so I don't think you'll be able to download it for 2 and a half hours.

EDIT: Seems it is available for download. Don't know what to tell you friend.

Shito

When was 1.05?
I'm in Europe and my PS4 never downloaded it, still at 1.04.
When I check for updates, it tells me I have the latest version installed...

Raitaro

Ahhh, I see. Well, fingers crossed that that has been the problem till now then. I think my first attempts at downloading 1.05 were before the servers went down though, so I'm not in the clear yet unless that error was caused by them preparing 1.06 or something.

On a side note: couldn't they at least give maintenance times in CEST as well by the way, to make life a bit easier for us over here?

When was 1.05?

It's an in-game update this time, both 1.05 and 1.06, so it will only prompt to download it when you boot up the game. In my case though, as said, it then fails to download and install it (which then locks me out of any online modes...), but hopefully you're not as unlucky as me.

Edit: ^^^ beaten.

JayEH

When was 1.05?

1.05 was earlier this week to fix some glitches. 1.05 and 6 are downloaded in game.

Shito

1.05 was earlier this week to fix some glitches. 1.05 and 6 are downloaded in game.
Ah ok, gotcha, didn't launch the game this week.
Yeah if they are done in game it's probably not a good idea to try and get them in the middle of a maintenance on their side...

SSReborn

Clever thing about P4A autocombos was that they were building bars like crazy: that way they stayed interesting to use even for confirmed players. You would basically trade damage for meter when you needed it.
You could also, for certain characters, stop them when you wanted to branch off to a more damaging "real" combo.
This was actually a really neat and well thought out mechanic...
My fighting game group pretty much wrote it off because of the mechanic always thought it was very dumb of them to be honest.

They've had months to do anything relating to that if they wanted to. Seems like a weird time to starting caring about it now.

I was thinking about this last night and part of my conclusions were in line with your thinking.

Furthermore, if you think about it, how many man hours do they want to waste combing through server logs to figure out where it was used.. and if the person they identify as using it spent all the FM from the change, they'd have to figure out exactly what purchases were made and revert them.

Seems more likely that they patch that stuff out and take the hit on some people having a bit of extra fight money from the mod and they go after the people who gave themselves all costumes/dlc/colors/everything using the proxy exploit.

If banning were on the table, it seems like it would be more logical to hand those out to the proxy exploiters than the 1 round survival mod users.

Xeteh

I was thinking about this last night and part of my conclusions were in line with your thinking.

Furthermore, if you think about it, how many man hours do they want to waste combing through server logs to figure out where it was used.. and if the person they identify as using it spent all the FM from the change, they'd have to figure out exactly what purchases were made and revert them.

Seems more likely that they patch that stuff out and take the hit on some people having a bit of extra fight money from the mod and they go after the people who gave themselves all costumes/dlc/colors/everything using the proxy exploit.

If banning were on the table, it seems like it would be more logical to hand those out to the proxy exploiters than the 1 round survival mod users.

Yeah, absolutely. Any reaction to the PC survival mod makes very little sense imo. The PS4 exploit immediately raised flags and seemed so much worse and once people were saying they unlocked premium stuff with it, I knew Capcom was going to do something.

I mainly played on console. I heard the PC version was supposedly better.

I got KOF13 through a bundle a while back and I thought about installing it to mess around with but someone said that KOFXIV was likely more like older KOF games than 13? Is it worth messing around with?

Stantron

My guess at CPT mystery costume is Laura cosplaying as Blanka.
It says costume, not character, so it's probably something stupid.

They don't have to physically go through anything though, they could just write a simple script that does it for them; just have it check the timing of the rewards.

Skilletor

Didn't realize you're at EVO. Good luck, my man.

Yup! Happy with how I played. Having a lot of fun.

Met a couple people that evo was their first tourney. Invited them to our room later to get more games in.

Usually after a tourney, I want to take a break, but this game I just want to play more.

Top Bottom