• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I mean if I'm giving up an hour of my time to teach a stranger I'm not going to do it for free or very cheaply. But maybe they should consider a more reasonable number that fits better with the community and where we currently are.

I wouldn't blame top Dota players for charging 100 or even 200+. For the SFV, I think what KBrad is charging is pretty fair. Or maybe just a bit more but people are going to hate on these guys no matter what unless it was free or no more than maybe $10.

BTW I didn't see Count Black's name anywhere in there. How much is he charging?

Pompadour

Gootecks mentioned that (at the time) he set his training hourly fee to be higher than everyone else's because he didn't have the time to teach but felt bad to not offer anything. So he understood his $100 an hour was unreasonable but it was more of he would be willing to do it if people wanted to pay that much rather than that's what he thought the training was worth.

We've seen this on Cross Counter when Mike left to do his own thing and Gootecks posted mostly tutorials and crappy DJ shit and nobody cared.

Gootecks is the one that left to do his own thing. He got fed up with the game companies shutting down his content so he left the fgc for like a year. Mike Ross kept doing what they were doing before. Eventually Gootecks calmed down and the situation for people producing his sort of game content was better so he came back.

People like to bag on Gootecks but he's one of the biggest reasons the FGC has higher quality community content than a lot of other game scenes and he believed in its sustainability when not many other people did.

- J - D -

Since everyone's talking about Gootecks: He's is one of the OGs in the FGC, but I have to be honest about this one time I met him.

I saw Gootecks at a shop in L.A. a while back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a prick and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Since everyone's talking about Gootecks: He's is one of the OGs in the FGC, but I have to be honest about this one time I met him.

I saw Gootecks at a shop in L.A. a while back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a prick and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

damn I heard the same thing about Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson, Ali, Kdot, Daigo, morgan freeman shiiiet

This used to be funny. Not so much nowadays. Nice try though.

Wow, he sounds like a fuckin' weirdo. I believe it.

Gootecks mates with men, then eats them.

No word on the mystery costume.

Also, picking up Ryu really helped my fundamentals.

The mystery costume being for FANG would be hilarious.

And yeah, I'm picking up Chun-li for a bit for the same reason; not being able to hit or teleport 2/3 of the screen away should help me focus on mundane positioning, and my instant air practice should help this.

Playing games that rely on spacing and the neutral game helped a shitton. I got leagues better when I played VF and Gundam.

It also helps that you play to have fun first, and then play to get good second. If you aren't having fun, you aren't going to enjoy the grind, the wins, the losses - it's all salt at the end of the day.

Neoxon

The mystery costume being for FANG would be hilarious.

And yeah, I'm picking up Chun-li for a bit for the same reason; not being able to hit or teleport 2/3 of the screen away should help me focus on mundane positioning, and my instant air practice should help this.
That would indeed be hilarious.

As for you picking up Chun-Li for a bit of the same reason as me, I guess great minds think alike. But make no mistake, I'm jumping on the Urien Hype Train once he comes out.

paolo11

Hello. Is there any one of you who can level up my Ryu and I mean playing regularly with me? I want to improve my neutral game. Gold rank Ryu BTW (US West coast). I'll be forever grateful.

Whales

Banned

this will never not be funny

chun_li_alpha_by_dusdeus-dafrrw2.jpg

http://dusdeus.deviantart.com/art/Chun-Li-Alpha-631151858

GGs Vulva. I should've just set it to FT10. Wasn't expecting to play that many matches. It was cool to play someone high level, and do somewhat okay lol. Definitely learned a few things.

vulva

GGs Vulva. I should've just set it to FT10. Wasn't expecting to play that many matches. It was cool to play someone high level, and do somewhat okay lol. Definitely learned a few things.

You did really well, especially with the worst character in the game!

Anyone else want to play? cfn: vulvaps4

Robot Pants

I'm dying

T-0800

Bought this with the recent sale. Is Arcade mode ever coming? I get killed online and I'm rarely ever going to have some to play against in person. Survival isn't a replacement.

Bought this with the recent sale. Is Arcade mode ever coming? I get killed online and I'm rarely ever going to have some to play against in person. Survival isn't a replacement.

Yeah, more VS CPU modes are coming. There's also the cinematic story mode, if you haven't tried that yet.

Having said that, getting killed online happens to everyone. Winning or losing isn't the point at the beginning. It's more about learning the game, learning your character, learning your opponent's character, and just feeling out the flow of the game.

The more you play the better you'll become, guaranteed.

Man that gap between Infiltration and Wong is huge. How are these points calculated?

Consider this, Jwong has placed in 10 events and won 5 of them. Infiltration has only gone to a total of 4 while winning 3. Yeah all four were premier events with one of those being Evo. But that is still really telling of how top heavy the point distribution is.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Consider this, Jwong has placed in 10 events and won 5 of them. Infiltration had only gone to a total of 4 while winning 3. Yeah all four were premier events with one of those being Evo. But that is still really telling of how top heavy the point distribution is.
EVOs distribution was kind of stupid. Basically any top player not in the top 4 should have gone to the Brazilian event that happened at the same time and easily get themselves way more points.

Top Bottom