• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

vg260

Yeah, this is way too rich for my blood even though some of the costumes look cool. Will continue to wait just for the 3S Alex costume and never touch any other expensive solo costumes. I miiiiiiight buy the Halloween stage, though.

I'll get the stage. I have no issues with the stage pricing.

I would have preferred they left out the "Happy Halloween" text sign though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Updated vega screenshot

I thought the first screenshot of this costume looked cool but in this one Magician/Bloodborne/Vampire/Pick-up Artist Vega looks like a dipshit. His face looks pretty dorky without the full mask on. They should have phantom of the opera'd him, even at the risk of having a crazily overdesigned costume.

Edzi

Quote this for the invite.

I don't think there's a SFV room in the chat, but you're more than welcome to ask for one.

Sorry, I meant just a different discord server. I feel like we're a distinct enough group to warrant one, though it does kind of defeat the purpose of this thread.

I thought the first screenshot of this costume looked cool but in this one Magician/Bloodborne/Vampire/Pick-up Artist Vega looks like a dipshit. His face looks pretty dorky without the full mask on. They should have phantom of the opera'd him, even at the risk of having a crazily overdesigned costume.

Perhaps the code removes his hat.
I don't mind it though, I like the costume.

CD'S BAR

Just spent the last of my FM on Shadaloo Base night (dat lighting). Will probably get that halloween stage for 1.99 real $$$, as it'll take me forever to get 40k fm again unless somehow I get good at the character trials.

Skilletor

Sorry, I meant just a different discord server. I feel like we're a distinct enough group to warrant one, though it does kind of defeat the purpose of this thread.

It would be easier to coordinate matches in real-time and chat for sure. I don't like the Community thread because I don't care too much about the random FGC drama going on.

Just spent the last of my FM on Shadaloo Base night (dat lighting). Will probably get that halloween stage for 1.99 real $$$, as it'll take me forever to get 40k fm again unless somehow I get good at the character trials.

I will get the Halloween stage with FM since it limited time, but these 5k missions gonna add up over time to get more stages

CD'S BAR

I will get the Halloween stage with FM since it limited time, but these 5k missions gonna add up over time to get more stages
I suppose. In 5 weeks or so I"ll have enough to buy Kanzuki Estate daytime lol.

But really I've exhausted all the stuff I really care to buy in the game with FM (all stages 'cept kanzuki, story costumes for a few mains, all story and default colors, a couple misc. colors) so any more fm that comes my way is just bonus as I see it. I wonder if there will ever be more costumes buyable with FM for the current roster.

LakeEarth

I wonder why they don't even bother to bundle these costumes for like $20. How many people buy all the costumes, versus the people who buy 1-2 who might decide they want to go for the "deal"?

I'm only using FM for characters and colours. Almost all the story costumes are horrid, and I often see the FM stages on casuals/ranked anyway (though I can see why people who play locally would want all the stages).

MrCarter

It would be easier to coordinate matches in real-time and chat for sure. I don't like the Community thread because I don't care too much about the random FGC drama going on.

I don't see why we can't do a discord for SFGAF? We can use that for matches while this thread is for real news, updates and tournies?

Skilletor

I don't see why we can't do a discord for SFGAF? We can use that for matches while this thread is for real news, updates and tournies?

Yeah, I dunno. I don't even see too many of the FGC-GAF regulars posting in this thread. I don't even see why that matters, tbh. If people use it, then that proves its usefulness. If not, then oh well, that's what this thread is for, lol.

I'd rather use discord to set up games since it's real-time. A lot of the times I might just want to get a set or two in, and by the time somebody might respond here, I'll already have to leave or move on to something else.

Edzi

Yeah, I dunno. I don't even see too many of the FGC-GAF regulars posting in this thread. I don't even see why that matters, tbh. If people use it, then that proves its usefulness. If not, then oh well, that's what this thread is for, lol.

I'd rather use discord to set up games since it's real-time. A lot of the times I might just want to get a set or two in, and by the time somebody might respond here, I'll already have to leave or move on to something else.

Yeah, I think we should do this. Any volunteers to make one?

Mizerman

I'm definitely getting the Halloween stage. I'm still waiting on dat Alex costume, though.

vulva

I don't want to sound stubborn or anything, but frankly I don't see the need for an extra SFV gaf discord when SFV gets talked about a lot on the current server. Getting a new room set up would be totally easy and that way we have access to everyone instead of potentially splitting userbases within this forum's players.

Kashiwaba

I don't want to sound stubborn or anything, but frankly I don't see the need for an extra SFV gaf discord when SFV gets talked about a lot on the current server. Getting a new room set up would be totally easy and that way we have access to everyone instead of potentially splitting userbases within this forum's players.
Totally agree SFV community is not that big so it's better to stick with SFV discord to not split the community.

Zackat

meh I don't even care to have it but to use for matches. I like forums a lot better for discussing stuff.

FGC one is fine too, I just made it because people were asking for it.

Edzi

Either works for me, I don't use Discord enough to really know what would work best. How would we go about getting a SFV room on the current FGgaf server?

vulva

Either works for me, I don't use Discord enough to really know what would work best. How would we go about getting a SFV room on the current FGgaf server?

A mod has to do it, but that could be done in a flash. Most are pretty responsive and helpful.

Zackat

takes like 2 seconds, really not a big deal. I made the SFV one in about as much time. discord is really easy.

MrCarter

Hmm actually now that I've seen the amount of people in that discord I think it may be better to simply have a separate room inside that channel for SFV. Apologies Zackat, I know you made that new channel mate.

Zackat

Hmm actually now that I've seen the amount of people in that discord I think it may be better to simply have a desperate room inside that channel for SFV. Apologies Zackat, I know you made that new channel mate.

not a problem really. making these things takes no work at all.

Zackat

Almost every OT has a discord now. This will be the end of GAF at some point.

it's too convenient for finding a match. discussing actual things is nice on a forum though, being able to actually think out your responses in long form.

the report's of GAFs death are greatly exaggerated.

wait, how much is all the halloween stuff? 88 bucks? lord have mercy.

No Laura or Birdie though so no buy.

McNum

So, I gave SFV another whirl, even though I'm not at all good at it. But Urien drew me back, he just looks fun to play. And a quick DLC purchase later and he is pretty fun to play. Even if I don't quite get him yet. I'm just a sucker for characters with a projectile reflector.

Anyway, what's bad with Urien? Yes. Bad. There's plenty of combo videos and all that goodness to be found, but... I can't seem to find anything on how he's supposed to play. And especially on newbie things you just don't do with him.

I mean he has a tool for most occasions. A projectile, a dive attack, a charge, and whatever function the headbutt has. His normal attacks seem decent, too. Not Karin-level good, but you know... not bad either. And even I can see many uses for the Aegis Reflector. So what's his weakness? What should I look out for in the neutral game?

vulva

So, I gave SFV another whirl, even though I'm not at all good at it. But Urien drew me back, he just looks fun to play. And a quick DLC purchase later and he is pretty fun to play. Even if I don't quite get him yet. I'm just a sucker for characters with a projectile reflector.

Anyway, what's bad with Urien? Yes. Bad. There's plenty of combo videos and all that goodness to be found, but... I can't seem to find anything on how he's supposed to play. And especially on newbie things you just don't do with him.

I mean he has a tool for most occasions. A projectile, a dive attack, a charge, and whatever function the headbutt has. His normal attacks seem decent, too. Not Karin-level good, but you know... not bad either. And even I can see many uses for the Aegis Reflector. So what's his weakness? What should I look out for in the neutral game?

He's pretty weak on defense. His only invincible reversal (ex headbutt) is very unsafe on block and can be baited with a fast meaty (like chun's cr lp will come out as a meaty if timed right but also recover before the headbutt becomes active), so he has to worry on wake up.

Though more people should use Aegis as a wakeup option

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Urien is pretty well rounded. I feel like a lot of his moves have slow start-up, though. I'm getting so many Crush Counters against him.

Zackat

idk but his pokes are pretty good.

I have fought really strong Uriens that wiped the floor with me, and also ones that were terrible and threw out unsafe stuff.

I got caught by the invincible move quite a few times, need to work on baiting it better.

Urien is pretty well rounded. I feel like a lot of his moves have slow start-up, though. I'm getting so many Crush Counters against him.

yeah and his kicks and stuff are from so far away that I had a hard time following up on the crush counter, other than to just do a standing HK on Laura.

Moaradin

No cross up and slow start up on moves is probably his worst aspects imo. His anti air isn't the best but he has the buttons to deal with all ranges. It's just not brain dead.

Overall he's a really solid character.

JayEH

Man I feel like my execution just turned to shit for no reason. It's not from lack of playing so I don't know what's up but I'm dropping combos I really shouldn't be. I can't even do these combos in training mode now either. Maybe I need to take a break for a couple of days and come back at this with a fresh mind.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I don't know if i have another hard survival run left in me. I want the Urien colors but god damn I feel like I'm doing chemistry homework.

vulva

Man I feel like my execution just turned to shit for no reason. It's not from lack of playing so I don't know what's up but I'm dropping combos I really shouldn't be. I can't even do these combos in training mode now either. Maybe I need to take a break for a couple of days and come back at this with a fresh mind.

I was playing ranked and had this awful night where I was dropping everything and couldn't focus at all. I went from like 12k to I think 10850 or so within one night.

I came back like 4 days later and I'm back up to 12k from one night of playing. Breaks are a good thing sometimes.

Top Bottom