• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Necro isn't anywhere near Ibuki, Alex, or Urien popularity, the three 3S characters that people wanted.

Oro was hinted at more than Necro in story. The other thing is that Akuma and Sakura would be cheaper to make than Necro. Akuma and Sakura can be made from Ryu and Karin's models respectively for fairly cheap. I would think Necro would have to be made from a new model.
I don't know what my Q hype has to do with Necro even if I don't mind the latter joining in season 2. We're also not nearly close to getting all the 3S characters people want. We'd still have very reasonable requests (that actually make money lol) for season 3 even if we picked the three next most popular 3S characters for season 2 and that isn't including Necro's obscure ass lol.
Or an old woman...
You'll regret this request when Capcom drops the Ingrid bomb on us. :p

Tripon

I don't know what my Q hype has to do with Necro even if I don't mind the latter joining in season 2. We're also not nearly close to getting all the 3S characters people want. We'd still have very reasonable requests (that actually make money lol) for season 3 even if we picked the three next most popular 3S characters for season 2 and that isn't including Necro's obscure ass lol.

You'll regret this request when Capcom drops the Ingrid bomb on us.

Oops, I don't know why I said Necro.

Even then, Q wasn't one of the popular characters of 3S.

Coda

Sure, search "FluxWaveZ" on YouTube for a bunch of 'em. You can also use the in-game CFN thing to seek another player's replays.

Cool, yeah I will do that. Feel free to check out a couple of my recent replays too if you feel like it "LUCKYnWILD"

I can't tell if I need to respect my opponent less or be more patient so times. I'm starting to take the Infiltration approach with Mika though in that I just kind of act unpredictable and do random jabs at random moments to confuse my opponent.

Juri doesn't have a bikini, and she's female.

Maybe they could just...do that again.

Or, just give the old lady a bikini.
you're not defending this one huh lol
This happen a lot to Urien, never try to walk under someone who's neutral jumping, happen almost every time. Shit need to be patched. :(

its not just Urien, this happens all the time especially in the corner when I'm using Laura and other characters

Oops, I don't know why I said Necro.

Even then, Q wasn't one of the popular characters of 3S.
I bitch and moan when I play a meh character, but I'm not crazy enough to pick shitty characters anymore. Q is terrible in 3S.
I wouldn't be surprised since they've kinda been pushing Ingrid low key for awhile.
I'd welcome her. We could use females of a different body type and age bracket even if they're deceitful in the latter respect.

"Hitboxes having weird interactions" doesn't need to be defended, lol.

SF5 isn't the first fighting game to have them. Apparently, it wasn't the last:
https://twitter.com/benbender339/status/782585765029031936

EDIT: I'm surprised all the recent hitbox weirdness controversy in the KOF14 community hasn't made EH front page yet. But, then again, I'm not that surprised. SF5 is the only game where weird stuff and glitches happen, after all.

its not just Urien, this happens all the time especially in the corner when I'm using Laura and other characters

Corner crossups are some ridiculous bullshit in this game. It was one of the first things I noticed in training during the beta. And you'd better believe I take advantage of that shit.

Neoxon

I finally made it.

RRG7hnf.jpg

...yay.
tumblr_o2rtz7IGMb1svyd36o1_500.png

Corner crossups are some ridiculous bullshit in this game. It was one of the first things I noticed in training during the beta. And you'd better believe I take advantage of that shit.

definitely. whenever I'm using Chun Li and I eventually st.HP them into the corner, niggas better know I'm doing that V-skill into damn near unblockable.

shoutouts to this being in the beta but still not getting fixed.

good thing we got those swimsuits tho

Edzi

definitely. whenever I'm using Chun Li and I eventually st.HP them into the corner, niggas better know I'm doing that V-skill into damn near unblockable.

I HATE that move. I don't think I've ever blocked it.

Did you not see Kung-Fu FANG and Steve Harvey Birdie? They're great.
Kung Fu FANG is... not really that good.

Freddie Mercury Birdie is funny for like a day or two, then you realize it's just him in the same ill fitting clothes only with a moustache.

Compared to stuff like these halloween costumes, Necalli's Biker costume, Chun-Li's premium costumes, they're not good. At least IMO.

You're continuous costume fetish for the guys in SFV is hilarious. Any ideas in mind? #prideKappa
Persistence is how things get done. You want concepts? I've got concepts. (Capcom, feel free to steal these wholesale.)

Ryu: White Fundoshi with his trademark red headband, a strand of meditation beads around his neck, cloth bindings on his wrists and calve muscles and a low pair of geta sandals. Variant: Lose everything but the fundoshi and sandals.

Ken: Glossy black swim trunks with red trim. (Cut at the mid thigh.) Fancy designer sunglasses. Simple gold chain around his neck. A few blingy rings on his fingers. Variant: Just the swim trunks.

Nash: Human skin tone. (No zombie scars.) Dark green rash guard pants with a yellow slash mark motif. (Noticeable seam above the knees.) Athletic style sunglasses. Silver diver's watch. Variant: Rash guard pants become rash guard shorts, hence the seam. No sunglasses.

Rashid: Blue baseball cap with an orange spray paint logo on it, worn backwards. Trimmed facial hair. Dark blue swim trunks (cut above the knee) with an orange/red floral print. Neon green athletic "fit bit" style heart rate monitor on his wrist. A pair of funky flip flops. Variant: No hat.

Vega: Sky blue squarecuts with white trim. Expensive looking sunglasses with gold detailing. A few gold bracelets on his wrists. Gold gladiator style sandals. Variant: Starts without the sunglasses. (Which have the same properties as his mask, meaning they can fall off during the fight.)

Necalli: Hair in the same pulled back style as his CPT alt. Black wetsuit with red detailing, unzipped down to his lower abs. A few beaded bracelets on one of his wrists. After his V-Trigger, his wetsuit is rolled down to his waist. Variant: Start the fight with the wetsuit already rolled down.

Birdie: Mint green & white old timey bathing costume. (Like 1920's style.) Wetcap with the same color scheme, except the top of it is cut open exposing his mohawk. (Essentially making it useless, which is intentional.) Green swimming googles over his eyes. Variant: Loses the bathing costume, revealing mint green squarecuts with a banana peel motif on the back.

Zangief: Bright red swimtrunks with white drawstrings, (very high cut, retro style) with a cartoony bear motif on the side. Retro style sunglasses. Gaudy gold chain with a MUSCLE POWER pendant. 80s style sweatbands on his wrists. Variant: Just the swimtrunks and necklace.

Dhalsim: Tan burlap shorts tied with a red rope at the waistline. Straw hat. Suntan lotion on his nose. Famous skull necklace now has seashells instead. Yellow and orange Hawaiian shirt with a nature motif, worn unbuttoned. Simple bangles on his wrists and ankles. Variant: Loses the shirt and the hat. His trademark face and body paint is now white, to mimic the suntan lotion on his nose.

F.A.N.G.: White cotton robe with purple stitching. (Maybe Shadaloo embroidered on the chest and/or back.) White slippers/sandals. Simple black swimtrunks underneath his robe. His usual round sunglasses. Hair worn up in a white towel. Variant: No longer has the towel holding up his hair.

M. Bison: Purple swimtrunks with magenta trim. (Cut at the mid thigh. The trim glows a bit.) Subtle Shadaloo logo on the front right leg of the shorts. Clean shaven with his hair slicked back. Gold rings on every finger. His trademake lightning bolt symbol is now worn as a pendant. Black sandals with magenta trim. (Which also glows.) Variant: No rings or pendant.

Alex: Hair pulled back with a bandana, SFIII style. (Bandana has a subtle ocean wave pattern on it.) Wearing a bright orange lifevest that's way too small. (Can't fasten it, so it's worn open.) Green speedo with a faded camo pattern. White athletic tape on his fingers and around the arches of his feet. Variant: No more lifevest.

Guile: Navy blue speedo with a stark white air force stars and stripes motif on the backside. (Bit of gold trim on the side.) Navy blue swimming googles with a white elastic strap. Small white towel slung around the back of his neck, and hanging over his chest. Variant: Loses the towel, and now the googles are hanging around his neck.

Balrog: Gaudy sunglasses with dollar signs faintly printed on the lenses. Pink sleeveless hooded athletic vest with WORLD CHAMP written on the back in glitzy, stylized letters. (Think like a Vegas billboard.) White boardshorts with gold trim and a dollar sign motif. White & gold athletic tape around his hands. White, low cut athletic sneakers with pink trim. Variant: No vest.

Urien: Red lifeguard style jacket, worn completely unzipped, with white lettering on the back. (Instead of saying GUARD on the back, it'll say something like DEATH or DESTRUCTION. And instead of the white cross symbol, it'll be his Illuminati crest.) Black aviator sunglasses with silver accents. Silver lifeguard whistle on a red cord around his neck. Tight red lifeguard style trunks. (Cut at the mid thigh.) Same white lettering on one of the front legs. Variant: Takes off the red trunks, revealing a red lifeguard speedo underneath. Special LP+MK+HP Variant: Burns off the jacket, shades and trunks so he's just wearing the whistle and red speedo.

Gaffer feedback is appreciated too. Also, if anyone has any swimsuit ideas of their own, I'd be interested to read them.

Neoxon

Persistence is how things get done. You want concepts? I've got concepts. (Capcom, feel free to steal these wholesale.)
  • Ryu: White Fundoshi with his trademark red headband, a strand of meditation beads around his neck, cloth bindings on his wrists and calve muscles and a low pair of geta sandals. Variant: Lose the everything but the fundoshi and sandals.
  • Ken: Glossy black swim trunks with red trim. (Cut at the mid thigh.) Fancy designer sunglasses. Simple gold chain around his neck. A few blingy rings on his fingers. Variant: Just the swim trunks.
  • Nash: Human skin tone. (No zombie scars.) Dark green rash guard pants with a yellow slash mark motif. (Noticeable seam above the knees.) Athletic style sunglasses. Silver diver's watch. Variant: Rash guard pants become rash guard shorts, hence the seam. No sunglasses.
  • Rashid: Blue baseball cap with an orange spray paint logo on it, worn backwards. Trimmed facial hair. Dark blue swim trunks (cut above the knee) with an orange/red floral print. Neon green athletic "fit bit" style heart rate monitor on his wrist. A pair of funky flip flops. Variant: No hat.
  • Vega: Sky blue squarecuts with white trim. Expensive looking sunglasses with gold detailing. A few gold bracelets on his wrists. Gold gladiator style sandals. Variant: Starts without the sunglasses. (Which have the same properties as his mask, meaning it can fall off during the fight.)
  • Necalli: Hair in the same pulled back style as his CPT alt. Black wetsuit with red detailing, unzipped down to his lower abs. A few beaded bracelets on one of his wrists. After his V-Trigger, his wetsuit is rolled down to his waist. Variant: Start the fight with the wetsuit already rolled down.
  • Birdie: Mint green & white old timey bathing costume. (Like 1920's style.) Wetcap with the same color scheme, except the top of it is cut open exposing his mohawk. (Essentially making it useless, which is intentional.) Green swimming googles over his eyes. Variant: Loses the bathing costume, revealing mint green squarecuts with a banana peel motif on the back.
  • Zangief: Bright red swimtrunks with white drawstrings, (very high cut, retro style) with a cartoony bear motif on the side. Retro style sunglasses. Gaudy gold chain with a MUSCLE POWER pendant. 80s style sweatbands on his wrists. Variant: Just the swimtrunks and necklace.
  • Dhalsim: Tan burlap shorts tied with a red rope at the waistline. Straw hat. Suntan lotion on his nose. Famous skull necklace now has seashells instead. Yellow and orange Hawaiian shirt with a nature motif, worn unbuttoned. Simple bangles on his wrists and ankles. Variant: Loses the shirt and the hat. His trademark face and body paint is now white, to mimic the suntan lotion on his nose.
  • F.A.N.G.: White cotton robe with purple stitching. (Maybe Shadaloo embroidered on the chest and/or back.) White slippers/sandals. Simple black swimtrunks underneath his robe. His usual round sunglasses. Hair worn up in a white towel. Variant: No longer has the towel holding up his hair.
  • M. Bison: Purple swimtrunks with magenta trim. (Cut at the mid thigh. The trim glows a bit.) Subtle Shadaloo logo on the front right leg of the shorts. Clean shaven with his hair slicked back. Gold rings on every finger. His trademake lightning bolt symbol is now worn as a pendant. Black sandals with magenta trim. (Which also glows.) Variant: No rings or pendant.
  • Alex: Hair pulled back with a bandana, SFIII style. (Bandana has a subtle ocean wave pattern on it.) Wearing a bright orange lifevest that's way too small. (Can't fasten it, so it's worn open.) Green speedo with a faded camo pattern. White athletic tape on his fingers and around the arches of his feet. Variant: No more lifevest.
  • Guile: Navy blue speedo with a stark white air force stars and stripes motif on the backside. (Bit of gold trim on the side.) Navy blue swimming googles with a white elastic strap. Small white towel slung around the back of his neck, and hanging over his chest. Variant: Loses the towel, and now the googles are hanging around his neck.
  • Balrog: Gaudy sunglasses with dollar signs faintly printed on the lenses. Pink sleeveless hooded athletic vest with WORLD CHAMP written on the back in glitzy, stylized letters. (Think like a Vegas billboard.) White boardshorts with gold trim and a dollar sign motif. White & gold athletic tape around his hands. White, low cut athletic sneakers with pink trim. Variant: No vest.
  • Urien: Red lifeguard style jacket, worn completely unzipped, with white lettering on the back. (Instead of saying GUARD on the back, it'll say something like DEATH or DESTRUCTION. And instead of the white cross symbol, it'll be his Illuminati crest.) Black aviator sunglasses with silver accents. Silver lifeguard whistle on a red cord around his neck. Tight red lifeguard style trunks. (Cut at the mid thigh.) Same white lettering on one of the front legs. Variant: Takes off the red trunks, revealing a red lifeguard speedo underneath. Special LP+MK+HP Variant: Burns off the jacket, shades and trunks so he's just wearing the whistle and red speedo.
Gaffer feedback is appreciated too. Also, if anyone has any swimsuit ideas of their own, I'd be interested to read them.
I think Alex already has concept art for his summer costume in the vault that Capcom may revisit.

sfv-alex-swim-costume-concept-artwork-secret.jpg

I think Alex already has concept art for his summer costume in the vault that Capcom may revisit.

sfv-alex-swim-costume-concept-artwork-secret.jpg
That's why I gave him the lifevest, and shifted the onesie to Birdie. (Which I think suits Birdie's comedic persona much better.)

I'm sorry Capcom, but I didn't wait years for the return of Alex, just to have him return and for you to put him in that thing.

If Capcom were to give anyone from this thread a job, it should be you. Those ideas sound excellent.
Thank you, that's very kind of you to say.

I could design outfits for video game characters all day. (And if someone would pay me to do that, I'd be overjoyed.)

mooncakes

You guys think they will be ever a puppet type characters in SF5? I don't think concept is introduce yet in all of the street fighter games.

Puppet characters like Zato and his clone, or Bridget and his yoyo from Guilty Gear.

mbpm1

Too inventive and out of the box for a game as grounded as SFV.

If they did do it the concept would be severely neutered

Moaradin

I want a stand character so bad in this game. It makes perfect sense with the V Skill/Trigger system. Maybe down the line when enough characters are out that they can do totally bonker ones like that.

Too inventive and out of the box for a game as grounded as SFV.

If they did do it the concept would be severely neutered
What aspects do you find "out of the box"? (I'm interested to know.) I think the majority of these are pretty straight forward.

There's definitely some alternate outfits that are far more complex and unorthodox comparatively.

mbpm1

What aspects do you find "out of the box"? (I'm interested to know.) I think the majority of these are pretty straight forward.

There's definitely some alternate outfits that are far more complex and unorthodox comparatively.
Not the design decision, the combat mechanics.

FluxWaveZ

I want a stand character so bad in this game. It makes perfect sense with the V Skill/Trigger system. Maybe down the line when enough characters are out that they can do totally bonker ones like that.

I think the closest you'd get is R. Mika. It's part of what attracted me to her, as someone who mains puppet characters in anime fighters.

You guys think they will be ever a puppet type characters in SF5? I don't think concept is introduce yet in all of the street fighter games.

Puppet characters like Zato and his clone, or Bridget and his yoyo from Guilty Gear.

I don't think that kind of character makes a lot of sense in a game like Street Fighter.

Durden77

Oh wait so it's confirmed we're getting Halloween shit? Fuck yeah!

That Necalli Wolfman costume is way too good. That will be the first premium I buy besides the CPT ones.

Ahhh it's kind of lame you have to buy the Halloween themed Russian stage though. They should just have it as playable for everyone through the Halloween period and that's it. That kind of stuff works better for seasonal stuff like themed stages.

But I definitely hope that they keep going with this though. If this game keeps up with the events for seasons/holidays it's going to be awesome.

Oh wait so it's confirmed we're getting Halloween shit? Fuck yeah!

That Necalli Wolfman costume is way too good. That will be the first premium I buy besides the CPT ones.

Ahhh it's kind of lame you have to buy the Halloween themed Russian stage though. They should just have it as playable for everyone through the Halloween period and that's it. That kind of stuff works better for seasonal stuff like themed stages.

But I definitely hope that they keep going with this though. If this game keeps up with the events for seasons/holidays it's going to be awesome.
At least the stage can be bought with FM so that's nice.

If they keep churning out content left and right to spend FM on, then I legitimately won't mind buying the Season Pass every year.

It's really nice to see Capcom fixing and adding stuff, they at least have their priorities straight in that regard. Now if they can just fix the matchmaking for Middle-Eastern/European regions...

Neoxon

Capcom seriously needs to fix the subtitles for both of Urien's intro lines in the next update. Perhaps Bill Rogers ad-libbed his lines compared to the direct Japanese translation for his loincloth update (he says "You pathetic insect", but the subtitles say "Foolish worm"), but it's constantly bugs me whenever I see Urien's intro animations. As for the regular intro animation, it's more of a grammar error than anything else (Capcom wrote "Don't worry i`ll end you quickly.", rather than "Don't worry, I'll end you quickly.").

Edzi

Capcom seriously needs to fix the subtitles for both of Urien's intro lines in the next update. Perhaps Bill Rogers ad-libbed his lines compared to the direct Japanese translation for his loincloth update (he says "You pathetic insect", but the subtitles say "Foolish worm"), but it's constantly bugs me whenever I see Urien's intro animations. As for the regular intro animation, it's more of a grammar error than anything else (Capcom wrote "Don't worry i`ll end you quickly.", rather than "Don't worry, I'll end you quickly.").

Urien isn't the only character this happens with, I remember the same thing happening with Alex. Seems like the text is a direct translation of the Japanese, not the localization.

Neoxon

Urien isn't the only character this happens with, I remember the same thing happening with Alex. Seems like the text is a direct translation of the Japanese, not the localization.
I think they fixed Alex's subtitles for either the Ibuki/Balrog/Story update or the Juri update.

lupinko

Capcom couldn't even spell GILL right, you know the character they've had for two decades, but nope. SFV has him as Final Fantasy currency.

Finally made it to super gold tonight. Gaf what the hell do I do as Balrog against Mika? I feel like I just guess/auto pilot against her unless they are really ass.

Moaradin

Man it seems tough as hell dealing with Mika as Urien. Trying to get out of that blender is a losing battle. And his slow start up on normals feels like it's getting me clipped by random irish whips more than usual.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching Stupendous' stream and he has a nice little thing on that shows where his eyes are looking at on the screen. Some next level shit:
https://www.twitch.tv/happystupendous
I think I've seen a similar thing with Sako at one point.

I mean, for sure, but how do you make Q's normals even slower than Urien's, since they should be.
Give every single normal Crush Counter properties. And armor.

It has to be on purpose. The cross-up-on-same-side stuff with Chun's V-Skill was one of the first things I played around with in the beta and I'm no lab monster. I feel like Bison can do something similar where the first block isn't a cross-up, but he still lands on the other side afterwards.

Capcom couldn't even spell GILL right, you know the character they've had for two decades, but nope. SFV has him as Final Fantasy currency.
It took them 8 months or so to fix "Loses".

Kaleinc

Banned
I don't know if i have another hard survival run left in me. I want the Urien colors but god damn I feel like I'm doing chemistry homework.
Chemistry can be of some use if you decide to cook meth someday while survival is comepletely useless.

Moaradin

It's pretty crazy you can even get a full combo punish off a v reversal on most characters.

Well, now I know I shouldn't try to chip people out with the super...

Top Bottom