• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

McNum

He's pretty weak on defense. His only invincible reversal (ex headbutt) is very unsafe on block and can be baited with a fast meaty (like chun's cr lp will come out as a meaty if timed right but also recover before the headbutt becomes active), so he has to worry on wake up.

Though more people should use Aegis as a wakeup option

Urien is pretty well rounded. I feel like a lot of his moves have slow start-up, though. I'm getting so many Crush Counters against him.

idk but his pokes are pretty good.

I have fought really strong Uriens that wiped the floor with me, and also ones that were terrible and threw out unsafe stuff.

I got caught by the invincible move quite a few times, need to work on baiting it better.

yeah and his kicks and stuff are from so far away that I had a hard time following up on the crush counter, other than to just do a standing HK on Laura.

No cross up and slow start up on moves is probably his worst aspects imo. His anti air isn't the best but he has the buttons to deal with all ranges. It's just not brain dead.

Overall he's a really solid character.
Considering I played Karin before I took a few months break, those weaknesses seem... familiar. Only EX Ressenha to get out of trouble, but if that misses... ouch. That's an open invitation to throw the biggest, meanest anti-air combo you've got her way. Of course Karin has no Aegis Reflector and less health, so I consider that an uptrade in weaknesses.

If I can compare those two, going from Karin to Urien loses me superior normals and walkspeed. But I gain Health and a projectile. And a more general use V-Trigger. I also need to learn to always be charging when doing combo-like stuff so I can get that Urien 101 Cr. HP, HP Fireball, HK Charge combo down. But until I can actually maneuver him to get that Cr. HP on a live opponent, it's... less useful.

Is his V-Skill worthwhile? Gaining one hit of armor on a fast divekick move seems pretty useful, if you can get that second to apply it. If people anti-air on reaction it'll get some nasty counterhits, I'd imagine.

Zackat

I think his vskill changes the properties of some of his moves? Maybe makes them so you can juggle. I remember a video.

mbpm1

Is his V-Skill worthwhile? Gaining one hit of armor on a fast divekick move seems pretty useful, if you can get that second to apply it. If people anti-air on reaction it'll get some nasty counterhits, I'd imagine.

Use it to anti-air with his charge move. It doesn't work like that for his divekick, the armor runs out before it hits ground.

Edzi

I think his vskill changes the properties of some of his moves? Maybe makes them so you can juggle. I remember a video.

EX headbutt goes a lot farther with his v-skill, meaning you can get some new juggle combos. Not sure if it changes anything else.

mbpm1

EX headbutt goes a lot farther with his v-skill, meaning you can get some new juggle combos. Not sure if it changes anything else.

It gives him armor on all of his charge moves from frame 3 of startup up to frame 3 of active frames

RE:Halloween

Ryu, Nash, Alex, and Necalli's alts look pretty cool. The werewolf idea is especially great. Hopefully the have some secret variants.

Edzi

RE:Halloween

Ryu, Nash, Alex, and Necalli's alts look pretty cool. The werewolf idea is especially great. Hopefully the have some secret variants.

I kinda wish the werewolf alt didn't have the neon hair upon transforming. It would have looked cooler if it stayed the same color.

MrCarter

From your lips to sin's ears.

Now that we've gotten the Halloween costumes going, let's work on the swimsuits for the dudes Capcom. (I'll never stop asking for this.)

You're continuous costume fetish for the guys in SFV is hilarious. Any ideas in mind? #prideKappa

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/55oi45/so_since_no_website_talked_about_it_treta_was/

Tripon posted this about the Brazilian event in the discord and I'm wondering if this is true. Quite the drama bomb if it is.
You're continuous costume fetish for the guys in SFV is hilarious. Any ideas in mind? #prideKappa
He is fighting the good fight. ;)
If NEcro reduces the chances of Blanka being in the game , sign me up. Time for dat pocket necro.
Can't wait for Ono to run around in Necro cosplay while dragging along a clearly uninterested tiny woman in Effie cosplay.

OUTTA MY WAI

mbpm1

So the people above me aren't necessarily making way smarter decisions as much as they are making decisions much, much faster and in a smarter, tighter, process. I feel like I'm a newbie again still learning how to react to jumps with AAs.

Cool, I've found the next level.

Tekniqs

anyone else play on both pc and ps4? ps4 feels slower to respond..i know they patched out that 8 frame lag but still feels slow.

Messing with meaty fireballs. Can get MP up to +13 which is pretty cool

oYR9EX.gif

Edzi

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";218969837]Messing with meaty fireballs. Can get MP up to +13 which is pretty cool

oYR9EX.gif
[/QUOTE]

Do you even play outside of training mode?

Kashiwaba

Are you using the same monitor/tv with both versions?

This the TV makes a huge difference for this kind of games upstairs i have a Vizio 55 inch TV and downstairs(where i usually play) i got sony KDL60R510A while the difference is not noticeable by eye but when i play SFV i noticed that i can do combos easier on Sony TV (both are on PS4 and same controller).

I mean, for sure, but how do you make Q's normals even slower than Urien's, since they should be.
He will be remade. He'll probably use one of his old super arts, but the way he plays will be retooled heavily to set him apart from Balrog.
Capcom will give up the $5 they make on Q, so they can make a million on Sagat, Akuma, and Sakura.
Just like people expected with Guile, right? Capcom didn't use half of season one's slots on 3S characters to please the seven 3S fans. They make bank.

JayEH

It's like what Alex Valle said everyone now claims Alex was their boy back in the day but nobody played him back in 3s and nobody plays him now/

Tripon

He will be remade. He'll probably use one of his old super arts, but the way he plays will be retooled heavily to set him apart from Balrog.

Just like people expected with Guile, right? Capcom didn't use half of season one's slots on 3S characters to please the seven 3S fans. They make bank.

It's like what Alex Valle said everyone now claims Alex was their boy back in the day but nobody played him back in 3s and nobody plays him now/

Necro isn't anywhere near Ibuki, Alex, or Urien popularity, the three 3S characters that people wanted.

Oro was hinted at more than Necro in story. The other thing is that Akuma and Sakura would be cheaper to make than Necro. Akuma and Sakura can be made from Ryu and Karin's models respectively for fairly cheap. I would think Necro would have to be made from a new model.

MrCarter

In hindsight, I would've actually replaced Ibuki with Oro or Makoto because SFV Ibuki has lost some of that charm and sex appeal she had from SF3. I mean I know she's younger (well not by much) but the difference is noticeable.

Top Bottom