• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Edzi

It went well when I could keep you away with st. HK, but aside from that it was the usual domination. Learning that most of Chun's high low mixup game + air legs is completely safe is sorta disheartening. Dunno what they were thinking when they made Ryu and Chun.

Cellsai

Interesting...that means there's some sort of "anti air" flag programed in the game to detect a successful anti-air.

I wonder what other situational flags are in the game...and what they can reveal about how the game works.
It wouldn't be a terribly hard flag to program, even if it was only for this specific challenge, so it might not be something tracked specifically for actual fight interactions. "If player A is on the ground and Player B is hit in the air, +1 to Anti Air counter"

There's probably a million really specific flags for future missions and profile stat tracking.

vulva

It went well when I could keep you away with st. HK, but aside from that it was the usual domination. Learning that most of Chun's high low mixup game + air legs is completely safe is sorta disheartening. Dunno what they were thinking when they made Ryu and Chun.
They aren't safe though, you can knock her out of both on reaction.

Edzi

They aren't safe though, you can knock her out of both on reaction.

People really downplay how hard it is to react to those moves. I get that there are technically ways around it, but it's disproportionately hard compared to dealing with other characters. Never mind the insane cr. MP into 2-bar v-trigger shenanigans.

I'm also ass at reacting and you're a really good Chun, so that kinda magnifies the issues.

vulva

People really downplay how hard it is to react to those moves. I get that there are technically ways around it, but it's disproportionately hard compared to dealing with other characters. Never mind the insane cr. MP into 2-bar v-trigger shenanigans.

I'm also ass at reacting and you're a really good Chun, so that kinda magnifies the issues.

If you see a chun in front of you do a jump instantly go for something like cr lp. If I do iall, you knock me out, if I jump over you then you'll recover enough in time to punish the jump with a dp. If they're completely in front of you and jumping, though, they'll likely go for headstomp so just block high if you expect the jump.

As for the overhead, just mash cr lp if you think I'm going for it or react to the startup. It's a super super slow start and doesn't become active until it's almost on the ground.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
God this game still randomly drops to 40fps mid match and becomes unplayable for no goddamn reason for me. I've lost so many games with the fps being completely fine for the first round then randomly goes to shit for all rounds after. Worst part is there's no helpful info at all about this. Every fix I found does jack shit.

This is PC??

Mika's f.MP is way too good for a poke that kickstarts her 50/50 bullshit and corner carries. Sorry, had to get that shit out of my system.

All because of how wide the horizontal hitbox is and how small the hurtbox is. Everything about the hit/hurtboxes is dumb, like why is Ryu's hurtbox in crouching normal kicks bigger than his idle crouch stance? Capcom just want to remove fundamentals and add stupid things so grapplers do not have to worry about Cr.MK xx Fireball

mbpm1

I'm actually having fun with SFV again... anybody got any tips to get good with Juri as a beginner?

Like remz said, knowing your anti-airs is important. St. jab, st. hp, and mk dp are your go tos. You should not be getting jumped in on in most situations with mk dp alone.

Use cr mp buffeed into lk flip kick and st. mk liberally in neutral.

Lk pinwheel is +2 on hit, use it for standing resets and as pressure but it's also much more negative when they're crouching so be careful with throwing it out

I always thought Chun's overhead was -4 or something because I was always punishing it after blocking it. Turns out, they were just pushing buttons.

Well if there's one thing Chun players love doing, it's pressing buttons.

Also a blocked overhead is a hell of a lot scarier if the enemy has a command grab.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I got a new gaming PC last week. SFV looks beautiful on it. Runs maxed for me now. Kinda makes me wish I had a 4K monitor for it but it's pretty awesome at 2560x1080, too.
29784659220_6780c506fb_o.jpg

30079301385_c7620b32d9_o.jpg

29784658450_d28e54d561_o.jpg

30079301655_5196b5fed5_o.jpg

29784658860_0dfaae75c0_o.jpg

29451476754_35834e3be7_o.jpg

29451477104_bfd54007b0_o.jpg

Spman2099

I am really hoping that we can get a PS4 Pro update for this game. I would love to see the visuals get a bit of a boost, even if they can't possibly help those awful backdrops.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Mediking

I'm determined to master Cammy, Juri and Ibuki. Cammy is the most fun... of course. Learning Juri because I think she's awesome and Ibuki seems like she has a crazy good tool set.

Thanks for all the advice about learning Juri.

SFV is actually really fun now....

Top Bottom