• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

JayEH

Matching making is fine with me. I get silvers-ultra silver (i'm super silver). Matchmaking should get be getting you people one above, one below, and the same.

It's funny. Zangief's considered one of the worst characters in the game by many but he's probably the matchup I have the most trouble with in the game. I have absolutely no idea what to do once he gets in because it seems like every button is a tick setup, but I also have no idea how to approach him because his V-Skill is so godlike (why can he land CA off of it again?!).

Getting wrecked by a Zangief puts me on tilt for the rest of the evening because I always feel like I should've been able to win.

Durden77

Yeah the matchmaking is actually pretty great for me. I always get matched with people the same league, 1 league below, or 1 leauge above me.

Edzi

Matchmaking is fine, the only people I've heard complain don't seem to realize that it's normal to get matched with people +/- one league from you.

This game's online match ups are as inconsistent as ever I see.
Still hovering around my bronze/super bronze purgatory I get mostly stompped by an ultra verging on Silver Necalli and then afterwards I'm put up against a rookie whose barely logged any time into the game.?

the playerbase is gettng smaller. if there is noone else out there you'll be matched with the guy closest to you. i've seen diamond players getting golds.

Actually, if steam charts are a good indication of overall player base, the past 2 weeks have seen an increase in players (due to the recent update).

The matchmaking doesn't JUST match you with people your exact rank. You'll play people above and below you sometimes. I'm super platinum, and since they improved the matchmaking months ago, I mostly play platinums and golds. Some diamonds. Never rookies, bronze, or silvers.

Moaradin

It's funny. Zangief's considered one of the worst characters in the game by many but he's probably the matchup I have the most trouble with in the game. I have absolutely no idea what to do once he gets in because it seems like every button is a tick setup, but I also have no idea how to approach him because his V-Skill is so godlike (why can he land CA off of it again?!).

Getting wrecked by a Zangief puts me on tilt for the rest of the evening because I always feel like I should've been able to win.

I always do terrible against the characters I hardly see. Zangief, Fang, and Dhalsim always fuck me up. And since they're playing those weird ass characters, they're probably good with them too lol

That seems to be their rule now. Wasn't always like this.

Yeah. Until a few months ago you could be a platinum and get matched with a bronze.

Kashiwaba

Actually, if steam charts are a good indication of overall player base, the past 2 weeks have seen an increase in players (due to the recent update).

The matchmaking doesn't JUST match you with people your exact rank. You'll play people above and below you sometimes. I'm super platinum, and since they improved the matchmaking months ago, I mostly play platinums and golds. Some diamonds. Never rookies, bronze, or silvers.
I remember the good old days when i used to run into platinum players as an Ultra bronze lol.

Sayad

Not surprising since it's beats Ryu CA(even with v-trigger), at certain distance it beats Guile CA, if timed right it can beat so many CA's in the game, one of the most OP moves in the game..

Edit: did some testing gonna continue them later... move beats Cammy CS clean right in her face, beats Birdie CA, Balrog too, but at certain distances, right in his face is a no no, so Balrog can chip you out at close range..
It has 16 frames of invincibility, it should beat most CAs, but it's also the easiest reversal to safe jump on in the game, and they lose the charge if they block high.

Bob White

I really want to know if dashes will change or not in season two. Do you make them slow like 4? Keep them the same?

It's funny, isn't one of the reasons people hate to fight Blanka is that he has quick hops into throws that are hard to react to? Ono ended up with the ultimate troll and turned the whole fucking game into that.

Pompadour

I really want to know if dashes will change or not in season two. Do you make them slow like 4? Keep them the same?

It's funny, isn't one of the reasons people hate to fight Blanka is that he has quick hops into throws that are hard to react to? Ono ended up with the ultimate troll and turned the whole fucking game into that.

Dashes in this game don't cross-up, though.

How does SonicFox get away with doing so many Quarrel Punches in his opponents' faces? It's like -2 on block and has a 7-frame startup so even a medium button should stuff it if he tries to do two in a row.

https://youtu.be/XCwBSwLXLxw

Interview with tokido at esl. Haven't watched much but something that stood out to me was that right now he thinks balrog and guile are the strongest dlc characters (hasn't played much Urien) and Juri the worst.
This doesn't seem very controversial. Ibuki is butt, other characters do whatever Juri is trying to do (but better), Urien was only just released and everyone already knows what I think about Alex. Guile's zoning isn't impenetrable and Balrog's offense is hardly safe, but they can actually get their gameplan going without needing meter, v-trigger, annoying charges or super hard reads. They feel the the most like launch roster characters that are complete.

Sayad

How does SonicFox get away with doing so many Quarrel Punches in his opponents' faces? It's like -2 on block and has a 7-frame startup so even a medium button should stuff it if he tries to do two in a row.
Because if they try to challenge it with anything other than a reversal and he goes for the overhead they get stuffed. It's safer to just block and try to react to the mix up afterward, especially if Urien have VT. And of course, when they decide to just block, he get to sneak in another one.

Mr. X

F.MP HP chain has a gap that eats any non invincible move. It's also fast. You block it, you get to guess overhead low or throw.

F.MP HP chain has a gap that eats any non invincible move. It's also fast. You block it, you get to guess overhead low or throw.

Because if they try to challenge it with anything other than a reversal and he goes for the overhead they get stuffed. It's safer to just block and try to react to the mix up afterward, especially if Urien have VT. And of course, when they decide to just block, he get to sneak in another one.

Ah, makes sense. For some reason I thought there was enough of a gap between the two to sneak a move in but I guess not.

Edzi

Honest question, why does MK chariot tackle even exist? It's super punishable on block, and punishable by 3 framers even on hit. There has to be some use for it that I'm missing, since I don't see why else it would be so terrible.

LakeEarth

Honest question, why does MK chariot tackle even exist? It's super punishable on block, and punishable by 3 framers even on hit. There has to be some use for it that I'm missing, since I don't see why else it would be so terrible.

I thought it was -2 on hit, but still, yes it is ridiculous that it's even that bad. It has the most active frames out of the tackles, so maybe that has an advantage when you use it as a very very well spaced out poke.

Can anybody explain this? I hold up after HK Scythe and do jLP on the way up and the AI's wakeup jab air resets me. If I so the jLP on the way down, I get hit standing during the landing recovery frames.

Does SFV add frames for using moves on the way up? Is this a way to punish people for doing defensive stuff like jump back fierce? Making instant overheads easier to punish? I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.

KOrm2n.gif

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";219100346]Can anybody explain this? I hold up after HK Scythe and do jLP on the way up and the AI's wakeup jab air resets me. If I so the jLP on the way down, I get hit standing during the landing recovery frames.

Does SFV add frames for using moves on the way up? Is this a way to punish people for doing defensive stuff like jump back fierce? Making instant overheads easier to punish? I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.

KOrm2n.gif
[/QUOTE]Doing an attack in the air increase your jumping frames, if you do it late near landing there isn't enough room to change your jumping frames much at that point.

Decided to take Ken online on a whim and confirmed three supers off of cMK with no mistakes.

Feels good man. I have no idea what I'm doing otherwise lol

Mediking

I'm actually back to playing SFV again..... I won a Casual Match and I had fun.....

Literally everything Juri says has a sexual layer to it. Lol

Moaradin

God this game still randomly drops to 40fps mid match and becomes unplayable for no goddamn reason for me. I've lost so many games with the fps being completely fine for the first round then randomly goes to shit for all rounds after. Worst part is there's no helpful info at all about this. Every fix I found does jack shit.

HardRojo

Mika's f.MP is way too good for a poke that kickstarts her 50/50 bullshit and corner carries. Sorry, had to get that shit out of my system.

Moaradin

Mika's f.MP is way too good for a poke that kickstarts her 50/50 bullshit and corner carries. Sorry, had to get that shit out of my system.

The whiff punish properties on it are kinda dumb. So many Mika players just randomly throw it out from half screen hoping you press a button and it somehow works all the time.

remz

I'm actually having fun with SFV again... anybody got any tips to get good with Juri as a beginner?

Practice anti airing with st.hp and practice using st.mp and a general purpose poke. When you get a knock down make sure you stock lk fireball if you haven't already and then either mk or hk depending on which you like more.

Practice the jump in hk -> HP ->qcf mk crmp, qcb lk combo as your "I got a got read on a fireball" punish. Remember that EX qcb K goes through all projectiles including stuff like aegis and rashid tornado. Do st.mp-> cr.mp as an easy frametrap to catch mashers. Juri is also really good at throwing because of her fast walk speed.

Top Bottom