• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You should not mash after Karin's V-Trigger elbow came out (to interupt the cross-up). Either mash before that (beats every option except a very punishable one), just block either direction or V-Reversal the whole thing.

Mashing at that point has won me many matches, because elbow is +1 and I get a full combo after counter-hit cr.lp. Often ending with a CA, because it only happens at the end of a round.

LakeEarth

Okay, that makes more sense. Next time I play, I'll see if this applies to my boys Alex, Balrog and Urien.

Is it weird that I exclusively play DLC characters? I don't know what it is about new characters, but I'd always rather play them than the original cast.

Durden77

GG! Thanks for the games, guys. Sorry my connection kept crapping out and then it just died outright. Really needed that Guile and Alex match-up practice too...

Hope to play with you guys again.

Sorry I passed out hard. If you ever see a whiskey bottle that looks a lot like Jack Daniels but is actually called Zackariah Williams stay far away from it.

Ggs! Ow my head....

Farewell

The moment when my oppenent uses the same gimmicks as me and i fall for it every time.

200.gif

Tirael

I think that Mika can get a rope throw bounce off mid-screen with a backdash is one of the dumbest fucking things about her. It doesn't even seem to be meant to work like that but it was accidentally put in or something. Like WHAT ARE YOU BOUNCING OFF OF. And WHY DO YOU NOT BOUNCE WITHOUT A BACKDASH. I'm not for realism and shit in my SFV but that's so stupid, makes no sense, and not a tool she needs.

I know this was a couple pages ago, but I wanted to mention. In unpatched SFV, she does not get a wall bounce with a backdash. I think it has to be an actual wall.

I know this was a couple pages ago, but I wanted to mention. In unpatched SFV, she does not get a wall bounce with a backdash. I think it has to be an actual wall.

Yeah, in one of the early SFV tournaments had unpatched stations and one of the Mika players complained about this very thing.

Didn't the beta not even require a backdash for Mika's wall bounce or am I making that up? As a side note, I hope when the balance change happens that we still get a version select mode like Ultra had. It's just a neat thing to have.

Edit: I also think that without the ability to wall bounce mid-screen I don't see how Mika would really get any major damage. I always thought that was her entire gameplan.

Didn't the beta not even require a backdash for Mika's wall bounce or am I making that up? As a side note, I hope when the balance change happens that we still get a version select mode like Ultra had. It's just a neat thing to have.

Edit: I also think that without the ability to wall bounce mid-screen I don't see how Mika would really get any major damage. I always thought that was her entire gameplan.

Yes, and then they removed the mid-screen wallbounce altogether which made her utter garbage, and then they made it how it is now and kept it that way.

Okay, that makes more sense. Next time I play, I'll see if this applies to my boys Alex, Balrog and Urien.

Is it weird that I exclusively play DLC characters? I don't know what it is about new characters, but I'd always rather play them than the original cast.

Nah fam I feel you. I've had the most fun with Urien.

Pejo

Is it a thing that really good players will create new or alt CFN accounts just to troll low rank players? I fought a Karin yesterday that damn near double perfected me, and she was Super Bronze. I'm no expert player but I was getting baited for everything, frame trapped, and all sorts of advanced looking stuff I had no idea how to react to. There's no way this person was living in bronze.

Skilletor

Is it a thing that really good players will create new or alt CFN accounts just to troll low rank players? I fought a Karin yesterday that damn near double perfected me, and she was Super Bronze. I'm no expert player but I was getting baited for everything, frame trapped, and all sorts of advanced looking stuff I had no idea how to react to. There's no way this person was living in bronze.

A lot of good players don't play ranked very much. They'll do battle lounges or casual matches and play ranked sparingly.

we've had that question many times... some people simply don't play ranked often, others have deranked because are learning a new character.

A lot of people play Casual which won't generate LP

KingBroly

Banned
Click Battle Lounge - Get 500fm, don't even have to join

Start a Survival run, Get 500fm, quit out

Don't know about Shibasaki's First Request, though

Pejo

A lot of good players don't play ranked very much. They'll do battle lounges or casual matches and play ranked sparingly.

we've had that question many times... some people simply don't play ranked often, others have deranked because are learning a new character.

A lot of people play Casual which won't generate LP

Ah, makes sense. I always just assumed ranked was the default way people played.

Farewell

I experience lag in like every third match i play, sometimes it gets worse in round 2.
I checked my connection (germany) and it's completely fine. It was never so frequent before, i'm at ultra silver rank right now.
When it's starting to lag the oppenent always play like everything is fine, so is it possible that they cause it?

I'm sorry if this had been discussed many times before, but i just want to know if you have this too lately.

Zackat

Updated to anniversary edition again to play Gears of War 4 on my PC. Fightstick doesn't work again with MadCatz drivers.

So annoying.

Edit: fixed it.

I suck at this game now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Eisbahn Ed? The art on the London Stage suggests it, right?
I thought it might be a movie poster showing Yun or Yang, since they are movie stars now. But Ed actually fits really well. The sleeveless hoodie is definitely the same.

Probably not, ed hasn't shown to have ice powers.
But we haven't seen anything else either. Not sure why he would be on a billboard, though.

edit: It says "Winter 2016"? Oh shit

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Could secret delta refer to Cammy's team?
Hers is Delta Red and they've added its members to CFN (summary)

Secret Delta would be a group within Delta Red, I guess? Or a movie about that.

edit: Is there a list of all the CFN profiles somewhere? This website is awful to browse.

LakeEarth

that's what I think. Please don't ask to find Abel or Decapre next week.

Not only was Abel fully modeled in the story mode, they very clearly set up a "fight" against him that was cut out for some reason. So at the very least, he's being considered.

CD'S BAR

Had a couple people rage quit on me last night as I beat them, for the first time. So you get no exp or fm when that happens? Didn't Capcom do something in the general story update to curb rage quitting?

LakeEarth

Had a couple people rage quit on me last night as I beat them, for the first time. So you get no exp or fm when that happens? Didn't Capcom do something in the general story update to curb rage quitting?

If you quit out mid-match 3 times in 24 hours, you are banned for a certain period of time. They must be rationing out their drops.

If they drop, nothing gets recorded. No FM, no XP, the replay doesn't save, they don't show up under "players met", nothing.

If you quit out mid-match 3 times in 24 hours, you are banned for a certain period of time. They must be rationing out their drops.

If they drop, nothing gets recorded. No FM, no XP, the replay doesn't save, they don't show up under "players met", nothing.

-1000 LP penalty as well

Top Bottom