• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I think we got enough costumes for Mika, chun and Cammy Capcom should give other characters some love I'm sick of using Rashid Alladin costume 😃 i was thinking about something like this

https://goo.gl/images/ejF2ge

Mika could always use more costumes :T

They definitely need to give more to the "weirdo" male characters though; Zangief, F.A.N.G., Dhalsim, and Birdie have a serious dearth of good costumes.

Ken, Rashid and Balrog could definitely use a few more options as well.

I would be legit psyched if we got something like this for Mika:

T0obiZF.png

Hopefully casual costumes for more of the cast are on their way soon.

Wallach

on a different note, I wonder with all the Sony support and PS4 at tournaments and such if SFV will get a Pro patch to clean up the shadows and possibly add the motion blur option or something to clean up the visuals for all the tournament footage

mitchlol

Pour a drink out for Gief + Alex who didn't even make top 20, oh an let's not forgot Itabashi getting blown up by a unknown Ken in Milan.

lupinko

on a different note, I wonder with all the Sony support and PS4 at tournaments and such if SFV will get a Pro patch to clean up the shadows and possibly add the motion blur option or something to clean up the visuals for all the tournament footage

Well don't the CPT bundle commercials have motion blur?

Naarmight

Still waiting for Casual Mika

Right now the swimsuit is the closest thing to that

Hah I thought it was just me that thought this way. I actually bit the bullet and purchased the Swimsuit as I was fed up with her standard costume (Luckily I had Steam funds from selling other digital stuff)

That Casual Mika would be amazing, please let something like that happen

GGs Omni. As always, the matches require my full focus because as soon as I mess around even a little bit, I get destroyed for it. I'm usually better at hit confirming the passion presses, but I'm just so scared of missing it against your Ken that oftentimes it'll hit and I won't follow it up.
yea man...ever since the launch, I figured I would slowly start to improve enough to dominate you since you played Mika and so much of her game is 50/50. That's what happened in SF4 with Ibuki/elf players at least lol...

But you just leveled right up along with me, and your defense is extremely solid. I can't consistently beat you in sets ever always back n forth and sometimes you get me in a nice blender and I really have to concentrate to eek out a win and make you play less aggressive. Very nice Mika, the other offense offense offense mikas online are a joke compared to you. You know how to turn it off and on, which makes for a much more entertaining match. One day, we'll meet at a tourney or something bro. GGS

I think the next level for both of us is basically Pro at this point, but I'm not dedicated enough for that lol. And I still struggle with my bad matches. Sim/Chun/Nash

I don't remember, but was the corner guessing game as prevalent in SF4 as it is in this game?

Sometimes but in 4 you had an array of defensive options in the corner. In 5 you have V-Reversal that usually gets thrown or blocked lol.

In Ultra with delay wakeup you could mess up opponents setups after throws in the corner.. in the other versions you had to say your prayers
or wakeup focus attack

mbpm1

I don't remember, but was the corner guessing game as prevalent in SF4 as it is in this game?

There were more defensive options for characters overall in that game, so the guessing game was more complex. There were a lot more DPs too.

People like Dieminion could "fight well in the corner."

In this game nobody wants to be in the corner

There were more defensive options for characters overall in that game, so the guessing game was more complex. There were a lot more DPs too.

People like Dieminion could "fight well in the corner."

In this game nobody wants to be in the corner

Being in the corner in V is pretty much ggs against a lot of the cast. What I don't understand is why certain attacks push so far into the corner.

One Rashid ex DP is almost full corner carry + one or two dashes/run he gets when you're knocked down. A lot of the cast has strong corner carry off of specials tbh

Corner is dangerous but you can get out. V-reversal is effective, just don't use it on lights lol, because you're getting baited most likely.

I think playing calmly is the best way to get out of a corner, and if you're getting beat up, it means your trigger is probably full, so the big explosive come back is just one hit confirm away.

IMO there's almost nothing better about SF4 than SF5 besides the larger cast of characters which at this point is just an issue of time. I lost sooooo much more in 4 because I didn't feel like learning how to properly defend against certain characters and not because the player outplayed me.

Corner pressure should be scary, it's a big part of rewarding good ground game.

Corner is dangerous but you can get out. V-reversal is effective, just don't use it on lights lol, because you're getting baited most likely.

I think playing calmly is the best way to get out of a corner, and if you're getting beat up, it means your trigger is probably full, so the big explosive come back is just one hit confirm away.

IMO there's almost nothing better about SF4 than SF5 besides the larger cast of characters which at this point is just an issue of time. I lost sooooo much more in 4 because I didn't feel like learning how to properly defend against certain characters and not because the player outplayed me.

Corner pressure should be scary, it's a big part of rewarding good ground game.

I think that Capcom should either stop being so stingy on who gets an invincible reversal (see Balrog) so they actually stand a chance on knockdown or they should add another defensive mechanic to help these characters from not getting instantly washed off the first knockdown.

Jump forward OS is kinda the way to get out of the corner but a lot of the time you just get AA'd then corner switched on

mbpm1

I'd like to see more "conditional" options on knockdown.

I liked how characters in SF4 like Abel and Decapre (without meter) had options for mostly every scenario post-knockdown but they had to commit to one and get blown up if they made the wrong guess.

More "I can beat this option if I see it, but I need to be right in seeing it" and less "both options are bad for me even if I know what's coming"

I liked how characters in SF4 like Abel and Decapre (without meter) had options for mostly every scenario post-knockdown but they had to commit to one and get blown up if they made the wrong guess.

More "I can beat this option if I see it, but I need to be right in seeing it" and less "both options are bad for me even if I know what's coming"

or just wakeup 3f and pray to the street fighter gods
daigo

birdie actually has something along these lines with an EX bullhorn that has a hit of armor from frame 1 and an EX command grab that's throw/grab invincible. If you make the right call then you're rewarded but a fuck up leads to a loss of meter.

mbpm1

birdie actually has something along these lines with an EX bullhorn that has a hit of armor from frame 1 and an EX command grab that's throw/grab invincible. If you make the right call then you're rewarded but a fuck up leads to a loss of meter.

And life, positioning, etc. You're right though, in that armor 1 moves are something I was thinking about when I was writing that.

And life, positioning, etc. You're right though, in that armor 1 moves are something I was thinking about when I was writing that.
well yeah of course those things but I meant that you also lost meter so the threat of things like wakeup CA and the like become even less of an issue for the attacker.

I am still legitimately surprised that Alex's ex slash move ( the charge one) has armor fron frame 3 and not 1. It's so insanely punishable on block and not grab invincible so you might as well.

mbpm1

well yeah of course those things but I meant that you also lost meter so the threat of things like wakeup CA and the like become even less of an issue for the attacker.

I am still legitimately surprised that Alex's ex slash move ( the charge one) has armor fron frame 3 and not 1. It's so insanely punishable on block and not grab invincible so you might as well.

Capcom had to bring it down to the lowest common denominator.

Medium I think. Punishable on hit when used in a standard combo, but amazing when it hits just at the end of its active frames.

Correct. Medium is +1 from max range. If you happen to catch somebody with a sweep at max range, you just use this immediately after you recover and it becomes a wicked meaty.

Moaradin

There's a guy online called Uncanny_Troll that uses a lag switch whenever he hits you and rage quits whenever he loses. His win streak is like 185 and he's a platinum so apparently he doesn't get punished for it.

He sucks really bad too. For someone with actual cheats he sure does have a hard time winning games.

Coda

Rashid has some of the worst costume options in the game. I'd really only wear his default. Hopefully we get something good for him soon.

I feel that way about Mika too, don't like any of her alts and they're all too similar other than her Swimsuit one. Give me a classy business lady attire with flowy striped pants for me now Capcom!

There's a guy online called Uncanny_Troll that uses a lag switch whenever he hits you and rage quits whenever he loses. His win streak is like 185 and he's a platinum so apparently he doesn't get punished for it.

He sucks really bad too. For someone with actual cheats he sure does have a hard time winning games.

I don't play people on PC anymore for this reason, way too much corruption with PC players, fuck that noise.

Coda

Eh this has nothing to do with PC. The most famous cheater on SFV online is Tool Assisted and he's on PS4.

True but I still find that when I play PC players there's usually more lag (probably because of Alt-Tab) but yeah I'm sure there's cheaters on PS4 too.

Top Bottom