• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Edzi

Some of those kids are just laughable in that thread. I hear echoes of Eventscrubs with thier nonsensical posts. Ah well at least they care enough to post.

Put them on your ignore list and let it go. They're clearly never going to stop, and you're not looking much better fighting with them in there.

Here are some cut “heroes and history” themed costumes:

Persian King Urien
mO1dGPS.jpg

Holy shit. I need this so bad...

I hope somebody mods this costumes on Urien. <3

jett

D-Member
Here are some cut “heroes and history” themed costumes:

Gladiator Balrog
C2fN0UV.jpg

Viking Zangief
zFZnTFw.jpg

12th Century China Chun-Li
Y68HPdV.jpg

Persian King Urien
mO1dGPS.jpg

Capcom is leaving so much money on the table. They really should invest more cash into costume DLC.

I dont get it. Themed costumes ruin the aesthetic of the game for me. I just want to see alts that are canon representations.

Canon wise, there isn't much they can go off of. Most of the characters pre SFV don't really do much outside of Alpha 3. Even in SF4, they just kinda dick around with the Seths and leave it at that.

Capcom, please put me in charge of all fashion related activities for SFV. Peeps will have so many stellar outfits, the DLC dollars will flow.

Put them on your ignore list and let it go. They're clearly never going to stop, and you're not looking much better fighting with them in there.

Pretty much this. It's a fight not worth fighting. Those threads popped up weekly and went on for hundreds of post. I don't think you can find me in any of them besides maybe the first few. I've seen these kind of threads so many times in my 10 years at GAF. Now that it was finally time to shit on "my game" I knew what to expect and kept out of it. I'd only make myself more upset by getting involved.

But if I could just say a little about that in here I would say that no, don't go back to a upgrade model. They need to do what they said they would do. Maybe a free to play version would help, who knows. I definitely would have preferred another year of USF4 if it would have prevented this mess. But it happened and I hope Capcom can just do their best to turn things around.

BTW I'm getting a PS4 Pro, so it'd be awfully nice if Capcom can give me dat 4k update(native or checkerboard, I don't care) please.

Edzi

Pretty much this. It's a fight not worth fighting. Those threads popped up weekly and went on for hundreds of post. I don't think you can find me in any of them besides maybe the first few. I've seen these kind of threads so many times in my 10 years at GAF. Now that it was finally time to shit on "my game" I knew what to expect and kept out of it. I'd only make myself more upset by getting involved.

But if I could just say a little about that in here I would say that no, don't go back to a upgrade model. They need to do what they said they would do. Maybe a free to play version would help, who knows. I definitely would have preferred another year of USF4 if it would have prevented this mess. But it happened and I hope Capcom can just do their best to turn things around.

BTW I'm getting a PS4 Pro, so it'd be awfully nice if Capcom can give me dat 4k update(native or checkerboard, I don't care) please.

F2P would be good, but Capcom needs to figure out how to actually build a proper DLC framework before that happens. The KI model is what they should have aimed for, instead they just did whatever and hoped it would work.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I finally understand what it was like to defend Driveclub after it got updated. I feel like I have to apologise to those fans.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sooo... I'm having trouble logging in, dunno if because of PSN outage (ddos) or Capcom's, but does that mean anything I do in-game now won't earn me FM? Do you need to be online at all time, even when doing story stuff, to be able to earn FM/exp? Because that'd be bs

Edit:
Also, question time, is Blanka never coming to the game? I know most players hate him but as an old SF2 player I need my Blanka (and E.Honda! What about him?)... Isn't Ono basically Blanka's alt? Surely he wants him in :p

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on how many seasons we get. I can see Blanka in season 3 or 4. Honestly, he would probably be fine in this engine.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Btw I was looking at the OP to see if there was a google doc linked with you guys' CFN IDs to go look at some replays and stuff but couldn't find it, is there a list somewhere?

Yes you need to be online to earn things.

Yeah read the OP's FAQ now. Oh well, that sucks.

Capcom should take a hint from Tecmo in the costume department (just tone it down for the females, though). I saw the DOA halloween costumes on eventhubs today and had some fun discussing it in the discord. The male costumes in particular are just fantastic for this halloween. It feels like SFV is getting scraps in comparison. I would legit consider paying $20 just for the male SFV costume bundle if they were as good as the DOA ones.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...r-alive-5-last-rounds-new-halloween-costumes/

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Oh shit haha. Its all good.

It was in the last like set and a half. Just bitching at me meanwhile Chun is wrecking my whole shit! It didn't change the outcome at all but damn. Thanks for the games. It definitely helps me whenever I play someone on your level.

R. Mika's voice actress is tweeting about working with the studio that did the VA for Street Fighter V on "new projects." Wonder if we can expect any new voiced content for SFV in the pipeline soon.

EDIT: Ian Sinclair, Cherami Leigh and Cristina Vee (who all also voice SFV characters) recorded there yesterday as well. They made special mention of Sinclair coming all the way from Texas to record too. Hm.

KingBroly

Banned
R. Mika's voice actress is tweeting about working with the studio that did the VA for Street Fighter V on "new projects." Wonder if we can expect any new voiced content for SFV in the pipeline soon.

EDIT: Ian Sinclair, Cherami Leigh and Cristina Vee (who all also voice SFV characters) recorded there yesterday as well. They made special mention of Sinclair coming all the way from Texas to record too. Hm.

The Mika VA put "#MuscleSpirit" on there, so...yeah, probably Arcade Mode stuff, if I had to guess.

BELIEVE IT!

They should change Juri's V-Skill into V-Reversal essentially being her counter from SSF4. And her current V-Skill is fucking useless and should replace it with, idk something less useless.

I honestly don't know how Capcom decide what should or should not be in the game. Like Ryu's Parry being 3 frame or how low health characters like Guile and Juri have their non EX reversal be CC on recovery while Ibuki's does not.

New Generation story pack coming.

I've said this before but I really think they are going to do two things:

1. What If stories (to better flesh out Necaili,)
2. More character stories and an expansion. So, like flashbacks explaining what happened with Bison inbetween 4 and 5, and bridging the gap between V and 3.

Moaradin

When are they gonna fix this failed to retrieve data shit? I know it's actually recording the data, but hearing that annoying sound every match gets pretty old.

Top Bottom