• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Pachinko

A friend and I went on a bogus journey through casual tonight. He managed to beat every one of his opponents , some of them went all 3 games. I , on the other hand managed to lose every single one of my matches, came very close a few times with Rashid and Ryu but no cigar :(

I went for an off the wall choice with my last match and chose Chun , I haven't used chun much at all since probably the last beta but I thought - hey whatever. Then I got matched up with a silver level Zangief and almost beat him ... sometimes the tier list is accurate I think.

Now my current issue is that I HAVE to devote more time to this game to improve and I never seem to feel like playing it ... yet once I AM playing it I enjoy it. Blurgh.

Character who I should main - Ryu (but I won't because I want to play someone more interesting)
Character who I like using but have hit a wall with - Rashid (I gotta get better and spacing his moves and timing things more appropriately)
Character that I love to win with but nearly smashed a stick over when I lose - Cammy (seriously explosive character, sometimes I blow myself up though :( )
Characters I want to spend more time with - Laura, Juri, R.Mika , Karin , Chun Li, Guile
Character that I wish was actually fun to use in SFV - Ibuki (seriously , why is she just devoid of fun in 5 ? one of my favorites in 4 , just feels watered down and boring now)
Characters that comprise the rest of the cast - All of them that haven't been mentioned , I love that they're in there but just don't feel like playing any of them.

So given the above... I don't know guys , should I just suck it up and play more Ryu ? Secretly I want to main Karin but I feel like I need to work up to her , execution level is insane (and I can't do dash upper into dash shoulder to save my life).

I really do enjoy this game though, hope season 2 brings plenty more to the table. I'd love to have a character that just shouts out to what I want specifically (a character with a rekka and a projectile and a dive kick ... that is also a woman... oh.. and while I'm pleading here, make her have motion inputs.. basically give me Killer Instincts Orchid )

Bizazedo

I've said this before but I really think they are going to do two things:

1. What If stories (to better flesh out Necaili,)
2. More character stories and an expansion. So, like flashbacks explaining what happened with Bison inbetween 4 and 5, and bridging the gap between V and 3.

I still think Bison looked pleased at the end of story mode. My headcanon is he got what he wanted, somehow, and technically "wins" SF V :).

This fucking game, Urien's overhead of all things anti-air me, not at the beginning of the animation but at the end when his fist already punching towards the ground, shit like that should never happen, sheeeesh the lack of testing done, also notice his hitbox in the air shrink i have been right next to him and fail to airgrab..

mbpm1

This fucking game, Urien's overhead of all things anti-air me, not at the beginning of the animation but at the end when his fist already punching towards the ground, shit like that should never happen, sheeeesh the lack of testing done, also notice his hitbox in the air shrink i have been right next to him and fail to airgrab..

At a far distance and a low enough height any button can be an anti-air

I still think Bison looked pleased at the end of story mode. My headcanon is he got what he wanted, somehow, and technically "wins" SF V :).

Bipson secretly wanted to be defeated and retire in peace Kappa

R. Mika's voice actress is tweeting about working with the studio that did the VA for Street Fighter V on "new projects." Wonder if we can expect any new voiced content for SFV in the pipeline soon.

EDIT: Ian Sinclair, Cherami Leigh and Cristina Vee (who all also voice SFV characters) recorded there yesterday as well. They made special mention of Sinclair coming all the way from Texas to record too. Hm.
Z8hbhna.gif

Anyone know what to do for Remember that Dress?

Beat Ken's epilogue.

If we are getting an arcade mode soon (and with actual meat to it, seemingly), at least we'll be able to finally divide the stubborn arcade mode diehards from the people who just like to dump on SFV based on who stops complaining.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
A friend and I went on a bogus journey through casual tonight. He managed to beat every one of his opponents , some of them went all 3 games. I , on the other hand managed to lose every single one of my matches, came very close a few times with Rashid and Ryu but no cigar :(

I went for an off the wall choice with my last match and chose Chun , I haven't used chun much at all since probably the last beta but I thought - hey whatever. Then I got matched up with a silver level Zangief and almost beat him ... sometimes the tier list is accurate I think.

Now my current issue is that I HAVE to devote more time to this game to improve and I never seem to feel like playing it ... yet once I AM playing it I enjoy it. Blurgh.

Character who I should main - Ryu (but I won't because I want to play someone more interesting)
Character who I like using but have hit a wall with - Rashid (I gotta get better and spacing his moves and timing things more appropriately)
Character that I love to win with but nearly smashed a stick over when I lose - Cammy (seriously explosive character, sometimes I blow myself up though :( )
Characters I want to spend more time with - Laura, Juri, R.Mika , Karin , Chun Li, Guile
Character that I wish was actually fun to use in SFV - Ibuki (seriously , why is she just devoid of fun in 5 ? one of my favorites in 4 , just feels watered down and boring now)
Characters that comprise the rest of the cast - All of them that haven't been mentioned , I love that they're in there but just don't feel like playing any of them.

So given the above... I don't know guys , should I just suck it up and play more Ryu ? Secretly I want to main Karin but I feel like I need to work up to her , execution level is insane (and I can't do dash upper into dash shoulder to save my life).

I really do enjoy this game though, hope season 2 brings plenty more to the table. I'd love to have a character that just shouts out to what I want specifically (a character with a rekka and a projectile and a dive kick ... that is also a woman... oh.. and while I'm pleading here, make her have motion inputs.. basically give me Killer Instincts Orchid )
Dude pick Guile's cooler brother-from-another-mother.
CharlieNash.
But seriously give him a try, I think a better question is which fighting game style(rushdown, lockdown, defensive, shoto of all trades, etc.) do you like the most and use often.

Marvel

could never
Chun is hard to beat with any character.
This.

Unless they are Ass. Even a semi competent Chun is tough. I dabble with her, fun character in V and I personally like the challenge of facing a good Chun.

Teaches me a lot, mainly stop jumping lol.

Moaradin

The number 4 rank that plays dhalsim is the laggiest dude I've ever seen. It seems completely one sided too since he has no trouble at all reacting to everything.

R. Mika's voice actress is tweeting about working with the studio that did the VA for Street Fighter V on "new projects." Wonder if we can expect any new voiced content for SFV in the pipeline soon.

EDIT: Ian Sinclair, Cherami Leigh and Cristina Vee (who all also voice SFV characters) recorded there yesterday as well. They made special mention of Sinclair coming all the way from Texas to record too. Hm.

I'm glad her recent surgery hasn't impacted her getting any new work. She's great as R. Mika.

Nahh Bison is gonna be back. We will probably get the Fall Of Shadoloo next season, and then New Generations after that, cutting right into 1st and 2nd Strike's canon.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The number 4 rank that plays dhalsim is the laggiest dude I've ever seen. It seems completely one sided too since he has no trouble at all reacting to everything.
That EVIL DHALSIM guy? Well he's got a Brazilian flag, maybe he's just really far away? I wondered who he is, because most other players up there are well known.

Moaradin

That EVIL DHALSIM guy? Well he's got a Brazilian flag, maybe he's just really far away? I wondered who he is, because most other players up there are well known.

Yeah. Maybe he's just used to the lag lol. Hard enough dealing with sim teleports but good luck when you can't even see them come out.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Nahh Bison is gonna be back. We will probably get the Fall Of Shadoloo next season, and then New Generations after that, cutting right into 1st and 2nd Strike's canon.

This Cinematic Mode was the Fall of Shadaloo, it's even in the title: "A Shadow Falls".

Bison is dead, Vega is gone to somewhere else, Balrog now travels with Ed, FANG is supposedly dead too, and Sagat is long gone on his own path, the dolls are also with the "heroes" now.

Nash is definitely dead too in my opinion, I doubt they'll bring him back again, it would feel cheap, not sure about Bison since he is so popular, but for now, the Illuminati are the focus.

Yeah he's full of crap...

I beat him once and he never replayed me ever again. Point whores. I don't want to play him anyway, Sim is already hard enough in a good game.

myco666

Just had someone RQ on me in Battle Lounge. I still don't understand why you would do that.

Still really need to work on my AA game. Everyone just keeps jumping like crazy and I eat so many combos from miss timed AAs or just pressing the wrong button.

FACE

Banned

He's brazilian, I used to play USF4 with him.

As far as I remember he wasn't that good and now he's no.4 on the leaderboards, wouldn't be suprised if he was rage quitting/lag switching/etc.

This Cinematic Mode was the Fall of Shadaloo, it's even in the title: "A Shadow Falls".

Bison is dead, Vega is gone to somewhere else, Balrog now travels with Ed, FANG is supposedly dead too, and Sagat is long gone on his own path, the dolls are also with the "heroes" now.

Nash is definitely dead too in my opinion, I doubt they'll bring him back again, it would feel cheap, not sure about Bison since he is so popular, but for now, the Illuminati are the focus.

I keep forgetting they called it that. They should at least clean up stuff with Ed and Vega. Juri wasn't Shadaloo but her shit needs to be covered as well

If they add Ed in the second season I could see them positioning him as the main character of whatever season two's story ends up being. He seems like he could make a good antihero.

Farewell

Yea i'm pretty much done with the game for now because of nothing but lags. I just think that connection bars are just decoration at this point.

Set to "ask" and 5 bars only and the game is giving me a guy from turkey with so much rollback that i couldn't do one combo and he just rushed me down. Normal street fighter 5 online day for me.

I really don't care about annoying or OP characters, but just the lag alone is killing it for me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting errors after every single match now. Literally 100% of the time. Come on, Capcom.

Also man, I'm having real trouble with Ibuki. Her neutral might not be good, but she has one or two decent buttons a good command dash to switch sides. And all her resets, of course.

Mesoian

Heh, it had been a while since I last had a rage quitter.

I'm almost kind of thankful because it got me back to the main menu faster than Capcom's bummy servers.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Beat my first Platinum player ever today. Ragequit.

I guess ranks have nothing to do with decency lol.

Pachinko

Hrm.... going to Nash eh ? I mean I don't mind using him but I guess I got burned out seeing the character win so many tournaments early on.... most would say that's a reason to learn more about him but I suppose I'm not a big fan of the characters design maybe ? I don't know. He does have some great moves and easy to learn combos , solid all around character really.

As for the characters I like using most - well , in SF4 I (of all things) liked playing as Hakkan a fair bit (it started out as a joke because my buddy hated fighting him so much) but the real true heroes of my personal Roster were Fei Long or Poison. There's just something incredibly satisfying to me about landing a rekka type rushdown attack. That atypical Mika Combo for example (irish whip, dash back, charge HK into EX peach) is ALWAYS satisfying to watch happen.

I suppose my problem is that I had extremely high hopes for Ibuki and Juri to fill my personal void and as it turns out Rashid is more like SF4 Juri then SFV Juri is ... her playstyle is interesting but I don't know guys... Maybe season 2 will fix 'em up a bit ?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The wait time from ranked/casual to training is too damn long.

Hey, thanks again for the sets. I know I didn't put up much comp but it helped me for sure. Afterwards, I realized I totally forgot to use Urien's V Skill. Smh. I chalk it up to being out of practice and also being a little tipsy! Felt good to play like that regardless, it's been a long while for me.

Producer

Hey, thanks again for the sets. I know I didn't put up much comp but it helped me for sure. Afterwards, I realized I totally forgot to use Urien's V Skill. Smh. I chalk it up to being out of practice and also being a little tipsy! Felt good to play like that regardless, it's been a long while for me.

No problem man. And yeah , his vskill can definately help in blowing up projectiles and other stuff. I'm down to play again anytime.

Top Bottom