• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Skilletor

Chun had some multi-hitting punches that I thought looked really cool in the really early build. Looked kind of like an evolution of something she might get in SFxT.

Ryu's c.mk in that build will never not look stupid as fuck.

mbpm1

Ryu had naturally two hits on his fireballs, and EX had 3.

Chun's v-trigger mode was the hotness when I saw it. Still wonder how boring/hype it would have turned out being

She also had cooler air combos.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They completely remade Chun after that. It's kind of crazy. Like they didn't know what kind of game they wanted to make at that point or something. And that was what? 6 months before the first beta?

mbpm1

They completely remade Chun after that. It's kind of crazy. Like they didn't know what kind of game they wanted to make at that point or something. And that was what? 6 months before the first beta?

It was pretty early still. I miss that air kicks move a bit

Man, I love the game as it is and understand why some of that stuff was removed but the early builds looked SO hype to me.
Wish Chun still had some of those moves left in.

Wasn't it reduced to her being able to do double fireballs in V trigger before being reduced to one? Wish she could still do doubles.

Man, I love the game as it is and understand why some of that stuff was removed but the early builds looked SO hype to me.
Wish Chun still had some of those moves left in.

Wasn't it reduced to her being able to do double fireballs in V trigger before being reduced to one? Wish she could still do doubles.

Air combos and OTG's. looking mad marvel tbh

I still don't fully get WHY Balrog's V-skill > P is -4 on Block. On hit, it's +2 which is advantageous sure but not amazingly so. It can't be comboed into anything. He doesn't have a command grab.

-2 or even -3 would be adequate.

I suppose it really is one of those "rewarding if it's a read, punishing if it isn't" kind of things.
you can get counter hits a lot but it's mostly to punish fireballs/reset during v trigger. once you're in there even if they don't press a button after hit it's still good because well you're in there now which is most of his struggle.
Fair enough I suppose. Don't really get to meet that many Balrogs so I was a bit surprised by that bit of frame data.

JayEH

I still don't fully get WHY Balrog's V-skill > P is -4 on Block. On hit, it's +2 which is advantageous sure but not amazingly so. It can't be comboed into anything. He doesn't have a command grab.

-2 or even -3 would be adequate.

you can get counter hits a lot but it's mostly to punish fireballs/reset during v trigger. once you're in there even if they don't press a button after hit it's still good because well you're in there now which is most of his struggle.

Pompadour

Wonder if Capcom would ever consider doing Omega Mode again?

Omega Mode isn't that interesting as a concept (specifically a mode that's separate from the main game so no one will really play it). They should throw some more crazy shit into SFV, though. I want more mechanics, some air combos, OTGs, wall bounces, ground bounces, etc.

Omega Mode isn't that interesting as a concept (specifically a mode that's separate from the main game so no one will really play it). They should throw some more crazy shit into SFV, though. I want more mechanics, some air combos, OTGs, wall bounces, ground bounces, etc.

Just turn SF into an anime fighter, everyone wants that.

Kappa

What the fuck is the secret with Bison's buttons? I'm having more problens against him now than ever. Everything he hits me with stuffs me or ends up a crush counter.

mbpm1

I believe one of the key things is to distinguish between his Psycho Axe (downward punching move) and his Target combo (Medium punch into identical downward punching move).

Psycho Axe is +1 and you shouldn't press buttons afterwards usually.
Target Combo is Negative, although I don't know for sure how much, and you can press after it.
You probably shouldn't be pressing buttons after his Knee move either, I think that's also positive.

FluxWaveZ

Ggs flux...always a pleasure my friend

GGs! Many close matches, as usual. The Ken MU is one of the ones that really makes me want to up my game with Balrog, because Ken can be in your face at all times (which Mika in general has problems with) or he also has good zoning capabilities. With Balrog, I could at least negate the latter.

Edzi

GGs. You started off way too aggressive for your own good, and got destroyed for it (seriously, I think I had a 100% success rate on wakeup DPs for the first 2 sets). But then I made the mistake of picking random chars and you figured out that I can't deal with throws/tick throws. :( Your light attack /throw game with Juri was strong, I don't even want to think about how much of my total health lost was just from raw throws.

mbpm1

GGs. You started off way too aggressive for your own good, and got destroyed for it (seriously, I think I had a 100% success rate on wakeup DPs for the first 2 sets). But then I made the mistake of picking random chars and you figured out that I can't deal with throws/tick throws. :( Your light attack /throw game with Juri was strong, I don't even want to think about how much of my total health lost was just from raw throws.

Yeah I was already slightly tilted bc I spent like the last 5 sets in a BL getting my ass kicked by a strong Necalli player prior to starting.

I think I only started actually tightening up when you picked Guile, bc dat wall of defense.

Yeah, the throw game is like 65% of Juri's inside offense lol. She certainly doesn't have safe options elsewhere in neutral

And I legit was trying to bait your Urien's Headbutts, but I held forward instead of backwards when I did the jab meaty and got hit anyway :(

Top Bottom