• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Edzi

Yeah I was already slightly tilted bc I spent like the last 5 sets in a BL getting my ass kicked by a strong Necalli player prior to starting.

I think I only started actually tightening up when you picked Guile, bc dat wall of defense.

Yeah, the throw game is like 65% of Juri's inside offense lol. She certainly doesn't have safe options elsewhere in neutral

lol, I wish I knew how to use Guile.

M3z_

When are they gonna buff Sim so I can get back to winning against players that are better than me. Good players know how to play against Sim now and I don't get undeserved wins anymore. >=(

DD-11

She can be very unpredictable i think she requires a lot of good execution though.

I can do her crazy vtrig combos, but her normals are terrible and don't allow easy confirms. By the time you have vtrig you are one combo away from death. Without vtrig you can't do any damage. Seems bs too that you have to refill kunia, they are not good enough to require that.

Producer

Seems bs too that you have to refill kunia, they are not good enough to require that.

I think they are. They're fast, safe on block, charged kunai for combos, ex is like super plus. She should have like a ex kunai refill or something though. Maybe

I feel like Laura's one of those matchups that you just have to practice regardless of your character, much like Zangief. Her entire playstyle revolves around confusing and disorienting the opponent so once you're fully aware of what she's capable of and what options she has following every setup (hard knockdown, air reset, EX Thunder Clap, etc.) she becomes a lot less scary. Fortunately my former roommate mained Laura so I've had the matchup knowledge ground into me after like 300+ losses but yeah it's a complete nightmare before you're able to start thinking three steps ahead.

Edzi

I feel like Laura's one of those matchups that you just have to practice regardless of your character, much like Zangief. Her entire playstyle revolves around confusing and disorienting the opponent so once you're fully aware of what she's capable of and what options she has following every setup (hard knockdown, air reset, EX Thunder Clap, etc.) she becomes a lot less scary. Fortunately my former roommate mained Laura so I've had the matchup knowledge ground into me after like 300+ losses but yeah it's a complete nightmare before you're able to start thinking three steps ahead.

Yeah, though I consider it twice as hard with a character who has slow normals and no reversal option.

Yeah, though I consider it twice as hard with a character who has slow normals and no reversal option.

Trust me pal, I know. As a fellow Alex player I understand the struggle.

Heck, even as Mika that matchup can be really tough without resorting to crLP spam to try and mash out of her frametraps and grab setups :p

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

You make good points, but the same framework could be applied to nearly every character. It just boils down to experience.

"[Insert character name here] has favourable options in certain situations. Once you know those options, you can deal with them better."

Take something simple like a hadouken. Sometimes a Ryu player will throw 2 of them in a row, depending on spacing and how much they think they've conditioned you. "Seeing" when to jump in and not get DPd is part of the Ryu matchup in much the same way you need to predict when Laura will attempt a command grab after a flurry of movement/sparks.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Wonder if Capcom would ever consider doing Omega Mode again?

They already did Omega mode 2, it's called SFV

I actually like, broken shit aside, Omega mode. It's the best of 4 and 5, normals still have range and speed, footsies exist, but the unblockables/oki of 4 toned down and the frame buffer from 5 added in.

Ryce

Here are some cut “heroes and history” themed costumes:

Gladiator Balrog
C2fN0UV.jpg

Viking Zangief
zFZnTFw.jpg

12th Century China Chun-Li
Y68HPdV.jpg

Persian King Urien
mO1dGPS.jpg

DD-11

I think they are. They're fast, safe on block, charged kunai for combos, ex is like super plus. She should have like a ex kunai refill or something though. Maybe

But those pros are already mitigated by doing very little damage and easily deflected. Her options at range are limited and non threatening and in close her normals are bad outside of her f.hk. Her anti-airs are picky also.

Neoxon

Here are some cut “heroes and history” themed costumes:

Gladiator Balrog
C2fN0UV.jpg

Viking Zangief
zFZnTFw.jpg

12th Century China Chun-Li
Y68HPdV.jpg

Persian King Urien
mO1dGPS.jpg
I'll take one Persian King Urien, thank you......as long as he keeps the braces when he enters Loincloth Mode.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is quoting this long ass post a running joke or what?

need baldie urien

edit: weekly shit on SFV thread is now a quarterly thing?

i guess it really has been forgotten
The next one will be "SFV finally added Arcade Mode" and it will be nuts

Top Bottom