• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

There's actually some weird stuff going on if you can't constantly keep up 60 fps. I think the game gets stuttery, because it has to repeat frames since everything (frame delay in the netcode, input buffer, hurt- and hitboxes etc) is based around that framerate. Could totally explain some of your problems.

Fighting games are a little different in that regard.

I can get a solid 60fps. on my new pc as well as my old laptop its just input delay being the only issue because the lack of a monitor and a intel graphics with the control panel lacking any setting to change the pre rendered frame.I just have to set everything to the lowest settings. The rollback only affects the opponent regardless how good their ISP or computers are and not the player who's creating it. It's one sided instead of affecting both players. When it's actually on a computer that is bit on the slow side with minor stutter, the rollback is minor but only affecting the opponent. I was able to view a match from some I played against and see the result.I

This is why Alt-tab is an issue on pc because player who do the exploit aren't affected by the rollback and only the opponent. Yesterday i can say i only had 2-4 good matches while the rest I've seen player who's lags every and can react to jumps.

While there are other things to worry about like the isp. My connection is good enough to play against someone from LA and Canada. But a lot of people here in the states do not have the best option.

Cool.
I don't know if it is possible or a lot of work but i think it would be usefull to also be able to see the region of each player so that we know who we can play with.

I'll just add you all on CFN to see where you are from and what your favourite character is.

Csr

I'll just add you all on CFN to see where you are from and what your favourite character is.

That sounds great.

So given that SFV hasn't shipped any units (or at least shipped below 100k units) in 2 quarters i decided to make a list of things that i would like capcom to change and things that i believe could make the game more appealing to consumers. I would like to make a new thread about this but it would probably draw too many shitposters again and not much discussion would be made about what needs to change so i will just post this here.

IMO they should

1) Iron out all issues. Battle lounge search is still not working properly and it needs region filters, those constant "data not sent" error messages need to go, optimize netcode -eliminate one sided rollback , if possible reduce loading times, game should save training options, fix clipping, ken's face (a man can dream) etc...

2) Packs for DLC content with discounted prices. The prices are ridiculous for someone who wants to byu a lot of dlc.

3)Probably not possible budget wise at this point but besides the incoming arcade mode the game needs more sp content. It needs a single player mode that is actually fun to play. Story mode was ok but fighting the AI is so boring in this game. It doesn't feel rewarding at all. I think they need to also add some rpg mechanic and some boss fights as well.

4)Multiplayer is too bare bones. Needs some flavor in it. Ideally regular ingame online events (probably not feasible budget wise) or something like that old sfiv vanilla championship mode.

5)Prioritize Akuma and Sagat over other DLC characters. A relaunch of the game needs the popularity of those chars as the next dlc chars imo.

6) Market all the changes additions as a relaunch of the game. This is tricky, how do you differentiate this relaunch from the mess that was the previous launch? Using a 'Super' or similar word in the name could cause confusion that the vanilla version becomes obsolete and just adding a 'Season 2' in the name would not differentiate it enough imo. Street Fighter V.2 ? I don't know.

If they need to delay season 2 to implement as many things as possible and polish the game that would be fine by me.

What do you guys think?

JayEH

I agree with all your points especially the relaunch thing. Going to be tricky to do it like you said but this game really needs one. Destiny was able to win over a lot of people in its year 2 so it's not impossible if Capcom tries hard enough.

mbpm1

These seem like good ideas.

Realistically Capcom will probably just rely on dlc costumes to do it all.

tumblr_ofpqt8Gz7V1usrgjso2_540.gif

I'd love it if they would add online team battles with matchmaking that you could play locally or offline.

If you wanted to you could of course play both members of your team locally, but ideally you'd team up with a friend.

I'd really like that because for me SF is a social experience but the ranked and casual matchmaking aren't very social. I really like playing locally but not as big of a fan of the lonely grind through ranked.

There's so many things that they could do with SFV but most of it is just wishful thinking that'll never come.

but at least we're guaranteed new DLC characters

Edzi

There's so many things that they could do with SFV but most of it is just wishful thinking that'll never come.

but at least we're guaranteed new DLC characters

I kind of want more mechanics and more frequent patches. They need to step away from the "one big patch per year" mentality and just let the game evolve naturally.

pizzacat

Banned
Would you rather have a game where everyone plays DJ or a game where DJ is the unsung hero

What matters more? The idea of Deejay or deejay himself

One thing I'd like to see more of is analysis of current standings in regards to Capcom Cup qualification. Maybe discuss things like how a specific upcoming tournament could affect the rankings, and whether or not there are well known people participating who are close to qualifying or might need to do particularly well in a specific tournament to qualify.

I feel like content would be a lot more engrossing if you made the Pro Tour feel more like a cohesive league or event with your coverage. A lot of sites that cover this sort of thing really treat every tournament or event as its own disconnected thing while I think some people might be more likely to stay interested if they can get a sense that this is an ongoing, interconnected event, and that all of the tournaments that are part of the tour lead directly to a larger whole.

Hopefully I was able to explain that well enough. Feel like I was rambling a bit. Sorry if I was unclear at all.

Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback! No worries, you explained it fine! One of the things that we've discussed off and on is providing coverage that gives you an idea of where we are in the pro tour at any given moment. For example, we were going to do a video before evo called Road to Evo where we recap all of the tournaments to that point, showing the highlights and where the major players stand. Lack of general views shot that idea down, but now I'm going to revisit it.

Really, Capcom is in a great position to turn things around despite an awful start. Word of mouth has gotten better (even with ROOTKITS, jesus christ), tournament numbers are still high, the CPT stuff is inviting even more players to play, and the DLC is making them loads of money.

So the next steps are DLC packaging, a better social aspect, getting that arcade machine out for retention (because seriously people are still fucking playing USF4), and spice up a few mechanics. DLC characters will probably be a mix of Akuma/Sagat/oldschool boys, a few new people, and some SF4 dudes.

SFV had one of the worst launches in fighting game history, but it can still turn it around with a relaunch, new marketing campaign, and a focus on retention with a modest budget. They've already taken the first steps and cleared a ton of issues plaguing the release, it's time to start adding content and cool, neat things.

Gameplay analysis and breakdowns from pro fighters can be really interesting, Arturo did a video series about this for Injustice where he analyse tournament matches and I used to really love those despite them being badly produced and me not caring about Injustice.

Redundant content like news and tournament results wont bring clicks unless it's best source out there for such thing. Right now both SRK and Event Hubs are dropping the ball, another site can probably take their place by offering faster updates.

FGC youtube content will always bring less views than other e-sport stuff, but nicely produced unique content can still find big enough success to warrant its existence. Core-A-Gaming is a nice example of that.

Looking for that Arturo series now. I'm a big fan of Core-A-Gaming. They do fantastic work, and their access to Infiltration is unparalleled. Their technical vids are awesome.

Csr

Thx for the responses.

They are obviously going to continue fixing issues anyway and dlc packs, akuma and/or sagat have a high chance of happening this season. New sp and mp modes have a lot lower chances of happening compared to the other stuff but i don't think it is that far fetched.

It seems to me that if an effort for a big turnaround would occur it would before season 2 or never. The game is still not too old, it is the end of season 1, a lot of the issues have been fixed and there is time before season 2 starts, also the arcade release is happening which i would assume means capcom will allocate more resources to the game's development anyway.
I don't see any turnaround happening without a relaunch and doing one only with an arcade mode and 1-2 dlc chars doesn't seem much of a relaunch. If they add mechanics or stuff like supers, vtriggers, vskills i could see them not adding any other sp,mp modes though.

a better social aspect

I forgot about that, being able to message players at least would probably be a good idea, i kind of like not getting salty hate messages though.

Scotia

Banned
I'm pretty worried Season 2 is going to be really safe after the game's rough start. I'm starting to doubt we're going to see characters the likes of Alex and Urien (characters that haven't been seen in a while) in favour of safer characters that were just in SF4.

EDIT: nvm. I overreacted

I'm pretty worried Season 2 is going to be really safe after the game's rough start. I'm starting to doubt we're going to see characters the likes of Alex and Urien (characters that haven't been seen in a while) in favour of safer characters that were just in SF4.

Sagat, Akuma, Blanka, 100% guaranteed now..

DD-11

Awesome. Free Rufus!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Character creation takes a long time. They are not sitting down now and deciding who's going to be in it. That happened maybe even years ago.

Coda

I want Maki, I need a bushin style fighter in this game. I'd take Guy too but Maki would make things more interesting.

Mizerman

To be fair, they've likely planned on the character roster way before working on the game. So whatever happens, happens.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah, now that I think about it Season 2 has probably been in the works for a while. Guess that thread on Gaming is getting to me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thing that could happen is that they straight up cancel future plans they had, because the game isn't bringing in enough money. That's why I really want them to announce some type of new release or version, because that would show their commitment to not let that happen.

That current thread in Gaming makes me super sad, because apparently that would be a good thing.

Mizerman

The worst thing that could happen is that they straight up cancel future plans they had, because the game isn't bringing in enough money. That's why I really want them to announce some type of new release or version, because that would show their commitment to not let that happen.

That current thread in Gaming makes me super sad, because apparently that would be a good thing.

1) I doubt that they'll cancel stuff for one of their mainline titles. Spinoffs maybe, but not the main stuff.

2) As soon as I saw that thread, I knew that going in there would be a bait. It's not worth the stress.

Rufus is awesome and I won't stand by and let his good name be tarnished here. I'm not in the majority but sagat, akuma, Hugo, rufus, Cody, and haggar would be a great season two for me.
See, now I agree with all of those choices except Rufus.

Haggar and Hugo both showing up in the same year is incredibly unlikely though I would not be surprised if one of them is in the next season.

Also, Rufus had a good name to tarnish?

Pompadour

There's a lot of people who don't like Capcom, Street Fighter, and the FGC and they use sales figures as ammunition. I think most people who play this game don't want it to stop being updated and I can't see why anyone without a vendetta against Capcom would want to prevent fans from receiving updates. If they don't like SF5 they don't have to play it. No need to shit on someone else's parade because Capcom "deserves" it.

I'm not worried about SFV, though, at least not until Season 2 is properly announced.

Not even clicking that thread lol. Idk why you would ever root for a game to fail.

Unfortunately I did, it was what I expected. And it has ballooned over 300 post so quickly. At this point I do want a re release of the game. Just make it a complete edition(without actually calling it that) with all the characters for $40 or $50. It'll come out with mostly 7's and up and will bring up how most of the issues have been fixed and so on. That won't turn things around but it will spread some positivity and actually increase the userbase somewhat.

But ya'll should have listened to me and Count, another year of USF4. SFV could have waited till early 2017 :p

Scotia

Banned
I think someone said it best not too long ago, that we'll truly see who has it out for this game and Capcom when they add arcade mode. If people are still shitting on it once arcade mode comes out, then they never had any interest in actually playing the game in the first place.

Mik317

I think someone said it best not too long ago, that we'll truly see who has it out for this game and Capcom when they add arcade mode. If people are still shitting on it once arcade mode comes out, then they never had any interest in actually playing the game.

come on now we already know the excuse "its too late".

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well one person is in there thinking they will make Darkstalkers and Power Stone if it fails. Because, and this is a literal quote "Darkstalkers is the FF7 remake of fighting games".

Unfortunately I did, it was what I expected. And it has ballooned over 300 post so quickly. At this point I do want a re release of the game. Just make it a complete edition(without actually calling it that) with all the characters for $40 or $50. It'll come out with mostly 7's and up and will bring up how most of the issues have been fixed and so on. That won't turn things around but it will spread some positivity and actually increase the userbase somewhat.
I think it would review much better than that. The game is sitting at 77/100 on Metacritic with almost no extra content at launch. Like, not even lobbies for more than 2 players.

But ya'll should have listened to me and Count, another year of USF4. SFV could have waited till early 2017 :p
Been saying that since Day 1! They were crazy to release it like that.

Top Bottom