• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Scotia

Banned
Releasing the game in February was one of the biggest mistakes about this game imo. Tourneys be damned, this game should not have come out in February.

Well one person is in there thinking they will make Darkstalkers and Power Stone if it fails. because, and this is a literal quote "Darkstalkers is the FF7 remake of fighting games".

I literally couldn't stop laughing when I saw that.

Y'all fearing turnaround when it's already happening from a support standpoint. Communication, content, events, it's all improving. That shit started around the same time as the apology. Like I said, now they have a foundation, they can move forward with constant updates and keeping the game alive. After all the attention and money they continue to sink into it, SFV isn't going anywhere.

Edit: You hardly ever hear of anyone talking about the rootkit stuff after they fixed it, and 8frames gets corrected when people bring it up since it's 6 now.

Mizerman

Unfortunately I did, it was what I expected. And it has ballooned over 300 post so quickly. At this point I do want a re release of the game. Just make it a complete edition(without actually calling it that) with all the characters for $40 or $50. It'll come out with mostly 7's and up and will bring up how most of the issues have been fixed and so on. That won't turn things around but it will spread some positivity and actually increase the userbase somewhat.

But ya'll should have listened to me and Count, another year of USF4. SFV could have waited till early 2017 :p

Eh. I was already tapping out on anything related to SF4, so another year of it would've been boring. Though SFV should've been baked in the oven more, I agree.

I think someone said it best not too long ago, that we'll truly see who has it out for this game and Capcom when they add arcade mode. If people are still shitting on it once arcade mode comes out, then they never had any interest in actually playing the game in the first place.

They'll just make even more excuses.

Well one person is in there thinking they will make Darkstalkers and Power Stone if it fails. because, and this is a literal quote "Darkstalkers is the FF7 remake of fighting games".

Ha! That's unlikely even if I wanted more Power Stone or Darkstalkers. There's aiming high and actually being high.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all fearing turnaround when it's already happening from a support standpoint. Communication, content, events, it's all improving. That shit started around the same time as the apology. Like I said, now they have a foundation, they can move forward with constant updates and keeping the game alive. After all the attention and money they continue to sink into it, SFV isn't going anywhere.
If it's not getting any sales, they will not support it for long. It really is as simple as that.
Big franchises have gotten killed before and by companies that were much better off, it's not magic.

The good thing is that there is a lot here that's worth saving and I think they're atleast on the path to do it. A lot of Capcom PR has still been terrible, though, even recently.

....Did Platy say the Darkstalkers thing? He once argued that SF should change specials to work like Smash.
Yeah...

JayEH

Well one person is in there thinking they will make Darkstalkers and Power Stone if it fails. Because, and this is a literal quote "Darkstalkers is the FF7 remake of fighting games".

mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png

That'd require SFV having much to teach.

In terms of regular Fighting game fundamentals, yeah SFV has a lot to teach.

Sure, people like us don't need it. But there's a bunch out there that still don't know the most important parts of learning fighters.

Do I really need to talk about that "Why you don't play fighting games" thread?

OT6 is almost done, but I'm gonna hold on to it till 20k posts, just in case the rumoured arcade mode makes it in.
Also, more titles please.

Street Fighter V |OT6| Thinking isn't going to get us anywhere

SFV |OT6| Cheers love, the thuggery's here!

I know I said that one before, but I really like it.

Shadoken

Its hilarious how people in the gaming side are happy for SFVs failure and think that it means more sales for niche titles like KOF,GG..etc.

Also LOL @ the dude who thought Capcom will bring Darkstalkers because SF failed.

Its hilarious how people in the gaming side are happy for SFVs failure and think that it means more sales for niche titles like KOF,GG..etc.

Also LOL @ the dude who thought Capcom will bring Darkstalkers because SF failed.

That line of thinking actually makes no sense.

It's like they think 2D fighting games are Highlanders where there can only be one! If SF dies then KoF, GG, or Darkstalkers will absorb it's popularity and be the new king of the FGC.

DD-11

See, now I agree with all of those choices except Rufus.

Haggar and Hugo both showing up in the same year is incredibly unlikely though I would not be surprised if one of them is in the next season.

Also, Rufus had a good name to tarnish?

Yeah, they both won't be in the same season, and there's no way capcom would do a season of all male characters either, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

I could live with makoto and viper, but I can't think of any other females that id like.

Speaking of what id like, I'm hoping that the kid in the hoodie that was with balrog on the story mode, plays a little like dormammu. Miss that guy.

The Lone Dragon has a long day ahead of him :p

Nah, I don't worry too much about fighting with random forum monsters as much as I used to in the SFxT days. If forum monsters and EH/SRK front page monsters had any influence, SF5 would have died long ago.

Yet, here we are about to open OT6...nearly 400 entrants at Canada Cup (SF4 had 280 last year)...viewership is doing great...CPT 2017 and new content are basically confirmed...and steam sales are gradually rising (which confuses me, since they were around 100k in March, and now they're at 200k...yet the Capcom site sales figure hasn't gone up from 1.4 mil to 1.5 at the VERY least...*shrug* maybe next report).

SF5 is doing fine, whether drive by posters know it or not. Especially for its genre. I mean, MKX has 22 entrants at Canada Cup. TWENTY-TWO. It sold a bajillion, yet did little for the long term competitive community...so I'm happy that SF5 is definitely delivering in that regard (because that's one of the main objectives that Capcom had for this game).

Csr

and steam sales are gradually rising (which confuses me, since they were around 100k in March, and now they're at 200k...yet the Capcom site sales figure hasn't gone up from 1.4 mil to 1.5 at the VERY least...*shrug* maybe next report).

Capcom has obviously overshipped the game. I think the pc version was closer to 130k -140k

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it hit 150k pretty fast and since then it's been super slow.

Also, guess what happened here:
unbenannt43tpha.jpg

edit:
While we're at it, I thought it's interesting:
unbenannt2kbqdc.png

Top Bottom