• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I did too weird. GGs. if you see me dash punching a lot v skill more. that makes the matchup infinitely more tough for me when my main way of getting in is stuffed.

I had that in the back of my head to use v skill but your dash in grabs kinda scared me from it, thanks for the tip.

Pachinko

I wanted to play this a whole bunch tonight but instead had to diagnose a network problem... seems when 2 devices share an IP because a router is acting all stupid it tends to cause a lot of disconnects. Sorry to whoever I dropped earlier (I doubt they post here)

I did get a match in against super bronze Urien though , went 1/3 sadly but I feel like I've got have matches against real people to start improving my game much. ... I still.. haven't picked a main yet. For now I guess it's Ryu. Whatever. Hopefully whenever Sakura is added to SFV she basically plays exactly like she did in alpha 2 and I can just use her instead :p

Soulstar

I think someone here wanted like an encyclopedia of the CFN stuff they put out.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...capcoms-street-fighter-character-encyclopedia

Seeing this reminded me of a short conversation I had with someone on neogaf(I can't remember who) who speculated around the time that Karin was announced that something tragic happened to her parents and that is why she was head of the Kanzuki Zaibatsu. When I told him that she took it from him he didn't believe me. It's nice to know that I was correct and not just imagining things.

KingBroly

Banned
This week's Challenge is an easy one. Knock em into the Bus.

There's also another 5k one. Win 10 Ranked Matches. I'm not getting that one >_>

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Just fought a laggy-ass Balrog player. Holy shit I'm salty from that experience. Why do I even bother rematching when the connection is that bad... lesson learned.

TheOGB

Banned
I think CFN can't count because I definitely won 10 ranked matches
against Rookies before jobbing to Super Bronzes and Silvers

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just fought a laggy-ass Balrog player. Holy shit I'm salty from that experience. Why do I even bother rematching when the connection is that bad... lesson learned.

Yeah I've abandoned the "honourable policy" of giving everyone I see the rematch.
If we have a bad connection, or if you're a rank lower (same colour is okay) then sorry, but it ain't worth the risk.

Managed to have some better games yesterday than I had the other night (where I lost to that Ken whom I described as using frame trap DPs to beat me).

Beat a few solid Kens and felt like my anti-air and general pressure game was on point. I feel as though I'm playing at a considerably higher level than my LP league suggests and most games in this bracket (3500-4500) are easy, so that's a good sign for progress.

I need to get better at dishing out the damage though. Time to study John Takeuchi's gameplay some more.

myco666

Man why does that other 5k challenge needs to be ranked. Really don't want to go there ever again. Guess I wait other week for my platinum trophy.

Really starting to get a hang of anti-airing consistently. That Birdies cr.mp is just so good.

Man why does that other 5k challenge needs to be ranked. Really don't want to go there ever again. Guess I wait other week for my platinum trophy.

Really starting to get a hang of anti-airing consistently. That Birdies cr.mp is just so good.
While the cr.mp is godly, don't underestimate the cr.hp

You Can use the target combo with St.hp or just cancel it on hit onto your vskill.

Demoli

So, i was updating the game to 1.11 when my pc crashed, and now, even after reinstallation, the game keeps crashing.

Any solutions?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What you hear a lot in those Gaming threads is how the DLC is overpriced. This whole system of being able to earn it for free backfires if people look at it from the outside and just see the expensive costumes and $6 characters. At the end of the day it's probably a better offer than Super SF4 for example, but it#s not very obvious.

Oh it is actually good AA? Can you cancel it into hk chain also?
It's amazing in certain situations, because the damage is ridiculous. Definitely worth going for it.

Oh it is actually good AA? Can you cancel it into hk chain also?
You can indeed cancel it into both bullhorn and HK chain.

Though only bullhorn is a good followup if you're doing it for the AA as the HK chain is too slow to follow up after an anti air. A regular hit on the ground and it connects fine.

The thing about HK chain is that it pushes the enemy away so it's great for when you want to keep people at bay, not so good for when the enemy is trying to zone you (Ryu, FANG, Guile)

The great thing about the v-skill cancel when you do it as an AA is that at worst, it gives you some free v-meter and at best, gives you a setup to start some offense or a mixup.

Demoli

So, i was updating the game to 1.11 when my pc crashed, and now, even after reinstallation, the game keeps crashing.

Any solutions?

To add to this, the error message says ue4-kiwigame is corrupted, but i can't find that file anywhere. I've tried everything, losing hope here, anyone knows anything?

ue4-kiwigame isn't a file really, it's the engine.
You might have a folder in your appdata called "kiwigame" (search for it), try deleting that.

Maybe this weekly mission will finally convince me to get off my lazy butt and earn the last 500 points I need to reach Gold. My ultimate goal is Platinum, but I never feel motivated to play Ranked matches since I feel like I have more fun and fight more varied opponents in Casual.

LakeEarth

Maybe this weekly mission will finally convince me to get off my lazy butt and earn the last 500 points I need to reach Gold. My ultimate goal is Platinum, but I never feel motivated to play Ranked matches since I feel like I have more fun and fight more varied opponents in Casual.

You should go back to ranked every once in a while to rank up. Then when you go back to casuals, you get matched to higher ranked people, and therefore get more XP per win and faster level up bonuses.

I was watching an old video of mine, and noticed I was ranked ~7000 while I was a super-silver. I'm an ultra-gold now, and I'm ranked ~10000. Rank trends upward.

Neoxon

So what are the challenges that are up this week? EventHubs has yet to post them, & I can't really get on until after I get back from school.

You should go back to ranked every once in a while to rank up. Then when you go back to casuals, you get matched to higher ranked people, and therefore get more XP per win and faster level up bonuses.

I was watching an old video of mine, and noticed I was ranked ~7000 while I was a super-silver. I'm an ultra-gold now, and I'm ranked ~10000. Rank trends upward.

Yeah, I do it sometimes and usually I'm able to make it to the next rank without some trouble (save for the one time I was matched up against 5 Zangief in a row and ended up losing like 500 points thanks to my lack of matchup knowledge, haha).

Based on my performance at locals I think I could realistically make it to Platinum but I'm not sure I'm able to break through that glass ceiling just yet.

Demoli

Then try deleting the streetfighterv folder in appdata/local, it should be the same as "kiwigame".

note your saves are in there, so you might want to back them up first.

Why is Chun Li the only character with Kara Cancel in this game? She even has a Kara Throw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTSxOKe8jo

I had to delete the whole SFV folder in Appdata to get it working again.

I tried this and it didnt work, game crashed again and the folfer reappeared

Garou

Small question: I just bought the Spooky Arena-stage with Fight Money on my Steam-copy, but the stage won't show up in Stage select. Am I missing something here, or is this a bug?!

myco666

You can indeed cancel it into both bullhorn and HK chain.

Though only bullhorn is a good followup if you're doing it for the AA as the HK chain is too slow to follow up after an anti air. A regular hit on the ground and it connects fine.

The thing about HK chain is that it pushes the enemy away so it's great for when you want to keep people at bay, not so good for when the enemy is trying to zone you (Ryu, FANG, Guile)

The great thing about the v-skill cancel when you do it as an AA is that at worst, it gives you some free v-meter and at best, gives you a setup to start some offense or a mixup.

Yeah I usually use hk chain in corner, when I know it will kill or trying to get a read on jump.

Do you have enough time to cancel it into can or do you need to go for banana?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Small question: I just bought the Spooky Arena-stage with Fight Money on my Steam-copy, but the stage won't show up in Stage select. Am I missing something here, or is this a bug?!
It's a stage variant of the Russia stage. You have to select that one.

Yeah I usually use hk chain in corner, when I know it will kill or trying to get a read on jump.

Do you have enough time to cancel it into can or do you need to go for banana?

If you do it as an anti air, then it doesn't combo. The chain's startup is too slow, so the banana, can or regular donut is the best option IMO.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have to stop reading these threads. Someone comes in and posts that going polygonal destroyed the timing and formula of Street Fighter and if you ask why, they never return.

Top Bottom