• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Skilletor

I have to stop reading these threads. Someone comes in and posts that going polygonal destroyed the timing and formula of Street Fighter and if you ask why, they never return.

I laughed at that. Like...every SF has different timing on stuff. Has nothing to do with sprites or polygons.

MrCarter

The hate for this game has been going 8 months strong. Pretty crazy.

I would say it's strong on some forums on the internet, which thankfully isn't representative of the entire audience. EventScrubs are doing great though with thier click rate numbers on positive or negative SFV articles.

myco666

If you do it as an anti air, then it doesn't combo. The chain's startup is too slow, so the banana, can or regular donut is the best option IMO.

Ahh sorry wasn't being clear. I understood that it doesn't combo from AA but I meant I use hk chain as a combo ender if I get a jumpin and I know/think it kills. Thanks for the tip though!

Hard to fight against players using mains that have been around for almost two years at this point.
98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

I have to stop reading these threads. Someone comes in and posts that going polygonal destroyed the timing and formula of Street Fighter and if you ask why, they never return.
Brah...I was just posting to a guy talking about the game isn't balanced. First of all comparison V to ultra and not vanilla to vanilla, and then using weak AA, and "stubby normals & walkspeed" to claim the footsies suck. Oh and the classic, why is ken -5 after a DP v-trigger cancel and you can't crush counter?

Not only me, but other posters challenge his views? Bails on the thread...

-_-

These niggaz ain't genuine lol

It's my fault though, Capcom messed up, so all SFV updates are going to be buyers validation threads or people who can't buy it (Xbox only) to feel better about that fact. I'll try to stay out of them, just so much misinformation.

Just got matched up with the same Ken player 6 times in ranked.

He was 10163 Lp when we first got matched up. Now he's 9650.

If he played any other character I might have felt bad.

If nothing else, it shows that I'm really improving against Ken. Shimmys aren't such an issue for me as they once were.

JayEH

I haven't looked at the thread myself I just assume it must be bad if it's been going on for so long. Don't think the rootkit thread even got that big.

If nothing else, it shows that I'm really improving against Ken. Shimmys aren't such an issue for me as they once were.
That poor Ken...

Yeah... I'm done posting in there for now.

I've been so distracted by Dragon Quest Builders that I've not been spending time on SF recently. I need to get back in before my skills are dulled. Besides, my goal of reaching Platinum before the end of the year is quickly not becoming achievable.

Kashiwaba

It's like this game is doing it on purpose personally i think my worst Match ups are Laura and Mika and somehow last night the game matched me up against 3 mikas in row then laura then another Mika in ranking matches and they were all different players.

Shadoken

Im sure Capcom USA gets it, Capcom jp probably wont give a shit lol

Capcom USA : " We need to fix our game , add some more content to bring in more casuals and make suitable balance changes so that the tourney scene remains active for season 2"

Capcom JPN : " Lmao this shit couldn't even push 2m? Send all remaining budget to Mobile games division. And Cancel that meeting with Disney Execs"

mbpm1

As annoying as these threads are, I really hope they're lighting a fire under Capcoms ass.

From what I heard from a reddit thread...JP Companies don't listen to seperate threads. They take notice when there's a consolidated point of issues being pointed out.

These separate threads, if they're paying attention at all to forums like this, are meaningless.

Pompadour

Capcom USA : " We need to fix our game , add some more content to bring in more casuals and make suitable balance changes so that the tourney scene remains active for season 2"

Capcom JPN : " Lmao this shit couldn't even push 2m? Send all remaining budget to Mobile games division. And Cancel that meeting with Disney Execs"

I think they shuttered one of their mobile games divisions, at least according to a poster here.

Farewell

Anyone else can't login to play online?

I'm keep getting an connection error "2100c" for hours and can't login. Germany. My internet is fine though. Playing U4 MP right now till this is solved.

Edit: Some people on steam forum have the same connection problem

LakeEarth

That's right, Ryu does as well, but he'll usually just waste it on some fireballs and that'll be that. All AI Ryu wants to do is chuck fireballs.

I hate hate hate Ken's taget combo into hk tatsu, it does so much damage and you can feel the smugness emanating from the other person every time they land it.

Top Bottom