• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Scotia

Banned
No loincloth or physics. All eyes must be saved.

Considering Color 15 is 50k per character, except individual pricing. 25k each

EDIT: Oh, okay, it is in a Bundle. Hmm...100k per set.

100k for a set?!?

latest

This game feels like "I'm at cross-up distance so guess when I'll jump" way too often, even at a high level. And it leads to more than 50% damage at the end of a round.

Yes I'm salty

"'I'm at cross-up distance so guess when I'll jump even though you've grounded me 5 times in a row' way too often,"

Yup. Once somebody goes berzerker, even Shoryus dont keep them clipped. I'm thinking about supering on reaction; maybe that'll drain their adrenaline of that habit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why are meaty throws so much harder than meaty normals? Is there some kind of buffer trickery going on? I can easily meaty with my 5 frame normal after a certain setup, so a throw should also beat wake-up buttons, right?

Zackat

"'I'm at cross-up distance so guess when I'll jump even though you've grounded me 5 times in a row' way too often,"

Yup. Once somebody goes berzerker, even Shoryus dont keep them clipped. I'm thinking about supering on reaction; maybe that'll drain their adrenaline of that habit.

anti-airs need to be stronger. I never feel scared about jumping, especially when I play Laura.

On SFIV you would get blown the fuck up if you jumped in bad lol

SephLuis

Quick question, I have seen almost everyone at EVO top 8 using sbk to finish combos and I want to know how they are doing that.

For example: d.lp, st.mp, d.mk, sbk

Tried going into training but didn't worked. Is there a trick to keep the charge when using st.mp ?

Xeteh

Quick question, I have seen almost everyone at EVO top 8 using sbk to finish combos and I want to know how they are doing that.

Tried going into training but didn't worked. Is there a trick to keep the charge when using st.mp ?

From what I understand (as a non-Chun player), the timing on that is super tight, you basically have to cancel SBK on one of the last possible frames. Its one of the harder links in the game.

just charge right away after pressing st mp, like literally as soon as you press the button.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If 100k for one set is a reach, then $10 for one stage is too.

Don't extrapolate based on obvious value outliers from the CPT pack.

We already know what colors cost. The cheapest is 2000 and the most expensive is 20,000. You think they're going to charge over 10,000 per color for colors 3 through 10 (which are extremely common)?

Don't extrapolate based on obvious value outliers from the CPT pack.

We already know what colors cost. The cheapest is 2000 and the most expensive is 20,000. You think they're going to charge over 10,000 per color for colors 3 through 10 (which are extremely common)?

It'll probably be like 2,500 for color 3, 5,000 for colors 4-6, and 10,000 for colors 7-10.

Producer

Plink down as soon as you hit sMP. Ending with L SBK is easier than M SBK. After doing it countless times its pretty easy to do even online.

Xeteh

Man, garbage bronze ranks are so frustrating. I meet people like me who are trying to learn the game but make mistakes, people who just spam bullshit because it works and then smurfs.

First ranked match in a few weeks... I just got destroyed by Balrog that stuffed every single thing I did. I get wanting to play better players but I don't learn things in these sets.

apparently yukadon was 29. who the hell was saying 16

16? I saw 14. Though 29 seems like a huge stretch, I know Fuudo is in his 20s and he looks like an old man compared to Yukadon.

Watcher

Man, garbage bronze ranks are so frustrating. I meet people like me who are trying to learn the game but make mistakes, people who just spam bullshit because it works and then smurfs.

First ranked match in a few weeks... I just got destroyed by Balrog that stuffed every single thing I did. I get wanting to play better players but I don't learn things in these sets.

16? I saw 14. Though 29 seems like a huge stretch, I know Fuudo is in his 20s and he looks like an old man compared to Yukadon.

Im bronze i just bought the game yesterday we can play if you'd like. CFN is BasementNerd. Everyone feel free to add this noob :)

Son Of D

Okay. Bought this at last today and I'm pretty much a complete SF newbie. Did all the character stories just to get the Fight Money to get Balrog who I've wanted to use based on videos. Might have been a mistake to start off with a charge character but he seems to suit my playstyle well. Yet to go online since I'm still getting the hang of things but when I do I'll play with a friend at first so I can get some practice against an opponent who can give me feedback.

Anyone have any advice for using Balrog or know of any videos/write ups I can look at to get a better grasp of his moveset?

Neoxon

Okay. Bought this at last today and I'm pretty much a complete SF newbie. Did all the character stories just to get the Fight Money to get Balrog who I've wanted to use based on videos. Might have been a mistake to start off with a charge character but he seems to suit my playstyle well. Yet to go online since I'm still getting the hang of things but when I do I'll play with a friend at first so I can get some practice against an opponent who can give me feedback.

Anyone have any advice for using Balrog or know of any videos/write ups I can look at to get a better grasp of his moveset?
Go watch Balrog's Demonstrations & do his Trials to get a better feel for how he plays. And while Capcom doesn't have Balrog's Official Character Guide up yet (as of when this post was written), you can study up on some of his main combos here.

Xeteh

Im bronze i just bought the game yesterday we can play if you'd like. CFN is BasementNerd. Everyone feel free to add this noob :)

I'm Xetehlol on CFN, feel free to hit me up.

Two different combo guides for you. Ahmz and Bafael

Go watch Balrog's Demonstrations & do his Trials to get a better feel for how he plays. And while Capcom doesn't have Balrog's Official Character Guide up yet (as of when this post was written), you can study up on some of his main combos here.

I'm seriously bummed that they've seemingly abandoned the "Official" guide videos they were making. They weren't helpful to older players but they were good for what they were.

Sheroking

I wonder how many people would truly be in the Platinum range if ragequitting was truly dealt with.

I have two accounts: My main (around the 7000LP point) where I play Karin exclusively and a smurf account where I play everyone else (around the 3500LP point).

I only get platinum rage quitters now. Don't see it at any other rank.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's the price of colors you already unlocked, though...

That's a fair point. If they want to jack up the price to punish you for not playing a mode everyone hates already, I guess they can do that. It wouldn't be smart, but... capcpom I guess.

I think it would be to their benefit to make them affordable for the positive PR, but also for the sinister reason that the more of a no-brainer they make the purchase, the more they can divert people's fight money into unlocking content that isn't in the season pass. If they make them too expensive, people will just try harder to finish survival, getting the colors for free and also earning even more FM.

Xeteh

GGs to xeteh. Whooped me with necalli. I need to practice my combos. Im not capitalizing on my damage opportunities i get panicked

GGs man, you're doing more with Ken than I would have expected someone new would do. Most rely on Tatsu's way too much but you didn't. You'd jump in and see me blocking and react properly.

Bizazedo

Goddamn, LIJoe could have won 10 tournaments this year... but him making top 8 at Evo was the best thing for him. Holy shit.

TV exposure is everything :).

Anyways, anyone around to rumble in SF V? CFN Bizazedo. I only play Bison (warning for those who like variety).

Ketch

GG Moznizzle. Good sets. I hate that damn full screen over head from Karin, but I think you overly relied on it which made it easy to predict and it's not too hard to punish. So just try to mix it up a bit.

And I guess Ken is probably not the best against guile, but I think you're just overly aggressive. It's weird how much trouble Ryu is for me, but how easy Ken is... So I'm not sure if it's possible, but try to play that MU like Ryu instead of Ken.

Edit:

Damn, I didn't see there were a lot of other dudes who wanted in. Sorry! I didn't alt tab out much, I wish the damn menu system wasn't so damn shitty in the game it's like impossible to invite people who aren't on your list after you've started a lounge.

Top Bottom