• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Holy shit did you type that while you bodied me? I refreshed the page during that final KO and you had already GG'd me.

This is depressing.

Lol no I didn't. I had actually typed it up after our second match before we hit on rematch and then sent it after the KO. I just wanted to have it typed up for whenever we finished, I didn't want to leave during the set.

Xeteh

Lol no I didn't. I had actually typed it up after our second match before we hit on rematch and then sent it after the KO. I just wanted to have it typed up for whenever we finished, I didn't want to leave during the set.

Lol, I figured. It was just pretty funny. You KO'd me at the end and during the animation I went to my monitor (my PS4 and PC are right next to each other) and your "GG gotta stop" message was already there.

Its frustrating, I keep thinking I've improved but you decimated me with Ibuki and I still couldn't beat your Ken. GGs though. I want to get better.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone based in Japan here? Would love to fight some GAFfers.

I have a good wired connection, but I guess the distance to western shores would be too much for the netcode to handle...

If anyone wants to try my ID is Bobio_JP

mbpm1

I have a good wired connection, but I guess the distance to western shores would be too much for the netcode to handle...

did you fight daigo yet

Lol, I figured. It was just pretty funny. You KO'd me at the end and during the animation I went to my monitor (my PS4 and PC are right next to each other) and your "GG gotta stop" message was already there.

Its frustrating, I keep thinking I've improved but you decimated me with Ibuki and I still couldn't beat your Ken. GGs though. I want to get better.

Nah you were decent, here's a couple of things I noticed while we played.

- Make sure you anti air, I was getting a lot of free jump ins.
- Work on your punishes, there were quite a few times you could've gotten a free combo on me, but instead you opted to just throw me.
- It looked like you mostly saved your meter for super, I'm not too sure how to use Necalli, but I'm sure there's some good uses for his EX moves.
- Throwing out some random DPs is fine, but just make sure you watch how much you do it. It started getting a little obvious to figure out when you would wake up with one.
- Use v reversal if you really need to get someone off of you! Though with Necalli, I'm not sure how worth it it is to keep it for his V-Trigger.

Hope that helps!

I live in Kagoshima, I can send a friend request later today so we can fight it out. I have not been playing consistently but will be nice to fight a fellow gaffer.

Xeteh

Nah you were decent, here's a couple of things I noticed while we played.

- Make sure you anti air, I was getting a lot of free jump ins.
- Work on your punishes, there were quite a few times you could've gotten a free combo on me, but instead you opted to just throw me.
- It looked like you mostly saved your meter for super, I'm not too sure how to use Necalli, but I'm sure there's some good uses for his EX moves.
- Throwing out some random DPs is fine, but just make sure you watch how much you do it. It started getting a little obvious to figure out when you would wake up with one.
- Use v reversal if you really need to get someone off of you! Though with Necalli, I'm not sure how worth it it is to keep it for his V-Trigger.

Hope that helps!

Thanks man. You're... not wrong on basically everything.

- My anti-airs are bad, I actually felt pretty happy about how I anti-aired you but it goes to shwo how shit my AA game is.
- My garbage punishes are a big reason I've backed off of Cammy, I do it poorly and I make too many mistakes.
- I don't use my meter well with Necalli. I have setups where I use EX but... you're right, I mostly save it for super.
- I seriously have tried to limit my DPs, but when I'm being rushed down and I don't know how to respond... my answer is DP. I know its wrong but... yeah.
- V-reversal is my demon. I constantly forget it is a thing and I neeeeever use it. That is on me.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Can't handle this overly small Xbox One controller. Gonna buy myself the Mad Catz Ryu themed fightstick next paycheck. Now the question is should I just venture off and go play w/e for the next two weeks or do I pad through this to just switch over?

I haven't played anything online yet, just button mashed through the character stories and the main one. Started Gief's routine in training mode two days ago and I'm already annoyed at the controller. I told myself I wouldn't play online till I can competently complete all the routines but I think I may be handicapping myself with a perfectionist attitude. I just feel like messing around with the pad is wasted time when I'm gonna have to start over once I get the stick.

MrDaravon

Regarding the Chun SBK combos - as someone who just finally got the feel for that today the main two things to keep in mind assuming you're doing the cr.lp st.mp cr.mk xx L.SBK combo:

-You need to immediately start charging down for the SBK as soon you input the st.mp. I play on pad so it's a bit trickier for me probably than on stick and it's a bit hard to explain, but you want to let go of down from the cr.lp and the split second you've let go of down and hit mp to get it standing (even though it probably hasn't quite come out yet) you need to hit down again. You're pretty much hitting down as on-screen your standing MP is actually coming out if that makes any sense.

-cr. MK can be canceled into SBK much later than it looks/feels like it should be able to initially. If nothing else just practice doing cr. MK into l.SBK just to see how late you can cancel it.

Also light SBK has a shorter charge time than medium SBK, so I would work on that one first, I still can't get medium SBK consistently when light SBK is not much of a problem now. Just stick with it, after a few hours hours across a couple of days it's almost second nature, and when I do mess it up I know immediately how and where I messed it up. I'd consider myself pretty bad in terms of super high execution but I was able to do it, so anyone can!

Sheroking

Platinum finally.

CnxpxrVVMAEkHx9.jpg:large

Whales

Banned
GGs as always Xabi

will stop now since my TV speakers literally blew up on the last set and now there's no sound coming off of it o.0

Whales

Banned
Good games whales. I still could not get the crush counters down! Btw, great job on the ex fireball mixups during the projectile battles

thanks dude

btw, everytime we get in a fireball war I realize you start jumping. I'm getting used to it now, better stop that habit before I punish it more :p

As impressive as that was the game would have autocorrelated the block for him against mika right? Just making sure, I know it does that for the dhalsim fireball teleport setup.

Yep.
The more impressive part is that he jumped the throw, personally I would've bet it all on wingless instead, because infiltration had been jumping away from so many throw attempts before this.

Fuudo ;_;

Maxios

I don't have much experience with fighting games (I've played a little Mortal Kombat and some Marvel vs. Capcom 2), but I'm really interested in picking this up. Is it noob friendly?

xabi

everytime we get in a fireball war I realize you start jumping. I'm getting used to it now, better stop that habit before I punish it more :p

Yeah I always think I can jump over the third fireball! Doesn't always work :)

Btw, speaking of which, be careful against guile when he does v skill from the neutral position. It is tempting to try to jump over it thinking he will do a projectile. A lot of guiles will just throw out the v skill without the projectile to try to bait your jump in and then flash kick. For guile it's usually a pretty safe option as the ball will protect him from a projectile...I did a few too close to you on wake up and you had some great dp punishes

Whales

Banned
Well, you were first so I'll give you the code, Xeteh. If you really want to differ then you can just give it away.

I actually just noticed its in a humble bundle 1$ tier, so I might as well just pay that 1$ for a good cause!

thanks for the kind offer tho

Yeah I always think I can jump over the third fireball! Doesn't always work :)

Btw, speaking of which, be careful against guile when he does v skill from the neutral position. It is tempting to try to jump over it thinking he will do a projectile. A lot of guiles will just throw out the v skill without the projectile to try to bait your jump in and then flash kick. For guile it's usually a pretty safe option as the ball will protect him from a projectile...I did a few too close to you on wake up and you had some great dp punishes

actually I just jump waaay too much

your guile is like the NO JUMPING ALLOWED guy and I STILL try to jump in on him everytime.

And yeah, I did take the bait quite a few times ;-;. Works pretty well.

Kashiwaba

I don't have much experience with fighting games (I've played a little Mortal Kombat and some Marvel vs. Capcom 2), but I'm really interested in picking this up. Is it noob friendly?
I think a bit less friendly than MK and tekken but way easier (more casual friendly) than KOF and GG.

Xeteh

SFV is basically the most friendly SF has ever been. There are some characters that are harder than others but for the most part the game is rather friendly. The people in this threat are more than willing to offer help if you pick it up.

Ketch

Is there anywhere to watch the ESPN broadcast of the top 8 yet? I dont have cable, and I seen it already, but I want to see the Seth + Mike commentary and stuff...

Big Brett

Just wanna start this new page off with some positivity. You guys rule. So many negative threads seemingly daily on gaming, but it's just real nice here. Always having good talks about a great game we all truly love despite its downfalls. BLESS.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
did you fight daigo yet

Yup! Caught him chilling at the Mad Catz booth at TGS a couple of years back.
His Evil Ryu thoroughly stomped my Oni and he was good enough to give me the runback (which ended as you might imagine). Thoroughly nice bloke.

I live in Kagoshima, I can send a friend request later today so we can fight it out. I have not been playing consistently but will be nice to fight a fellow gaffer.

Yamanashi reporting in!
Are y'all on consoles or Steam? If the latter my Steam ID is Cellsai.

Nice! I'm in Tokyo but if everyone's wired we should be cool.
I'm on PS4 btw. Will respond to those requests asap!

Top Bottom