• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Big Brett

GGs. Besides more patience, I'd say you're on the right track. You just need more match experience.

Thank you. It's pretty discouraging to lose over and over but I definitely feel like my main issue lately is simply not playing enough. It's frustrating because without the practice I end up just losing haha.

JayEH

Capcom needs to fix their 'oh, this assumes you're facing the right side' bullshit with tutorials and Trials. Every other fucking fighting game fixed this shit. Why? Because sometimes the combos they present put you on the opposite side. Lazy asses.

This isn't true.

Big Brett

Capcom needs to fix their 'oh, this assumes you're facing the right side' bullshit with tutorials and Trials. Every other fucking fighting game fixed this shit. Why? Because sometimes the combos they present put you on the opposite side. Lazy asses.

so you found another paltry reason to dislike the game? cool.

Shadoken

Thing I didn't mention, dude has 3 bar internet. No joke, I've had games across the ocean that were better than with this guy who lives less than 20 miles from me.[dudes a bud so what are you gonna do?] Dp seems out of the question, risk reward on jab seems questionable too, particularly since he seems to land far enough away that I can't follow up effectively. Plus, tend to trade those jabs more often then they land.
I'm open to any advice

If you bring in lag into the consideration , jumping is very strong. So cant really give you much advice. You cant take matches seriouslyif there is lag. But if You really want to win then just go on the offensive , bison has even worse anti airs and with lag i doubt he is going to be able to AA you.

If you bring in lag into the consideration , jumping is very strong. So cant really give you much advice. You cant take matches seriouslyif there is lag. But if You really want to win then just go on the offensive , bison has even worse anti airs and with lag i doubt he is going to be able to AA you.

It's a whole thing so not taking it seriously is not an option lol.
That said, I jump in all the time anyways. But he's figured out he can keep doing head press and reliably smack me out of the air instead. Maybe I have a best button for that, idk.
If I can just make my anti bison game better overall I'll be happy

Zackat

whelp I am consistently staying in Silver now, so I guess that means something. Main problem now is remembering to hold up when I think someone is gonna command grab me.

I hate Mika vortex.

Kashiwaba

Anyone down for some games i play Rashid super silver I've been stuck there for a while so I'd appreciate some tips on how to improve too :).
Cfn: Kashibaba

Same. Bison isn't the only match data I'm going to have to pour over after this.

I guess there is a reason why your called rush down tactics lol.

I just decided to activate beast mode lol. GGs, I'm getting pretty hungry so I'm gonna go look for some food.

Few things I noticed Laputa, you tend to go for throws on wake up and it was easy to kind of exploit that. You also do your slide a lot which is wildly unsafe. I had a little bit of lag on my end vs you at first so I couldn't punish it, but it got a little better and it wasn't an issue after that.

I just decided to activate beast mode lol. GGs, I'm getting pretty hungry so I'm gonna go look for some food.

Few things I noticed Laputa, you tend to go for throws on wake up and it was easy to kind of exploit that. You also do your slide a lot which is wildly unsafe. I had a little bit of lag on my end vs you at first so I couldn't punish it, but it got a little better and it wasn't an issue after that.

GGs. Dont' I get some advice?

Ketch

Sorry for bailing, but after I wont that round against rushdowntactics I wanted to go play ranked. I went up. 1300 now.

Laputa_94

Yeah I have a bad habit with the slide where I get in a mind set of using it even though i know i am getting punished.

Do you have any issues running the game at a solid 60? I heard there are syncing issues if one side has a problem running the game at 60fps at all times (doesn't help that some stages have different performance issues on ps4, so it probably effects people on pc who can't handle those too). There is no benchmark test for the game before going online, like SF4 does, so there might be some players who don't have a consistent 60 and don't know it.

Nope, runs at 60fps. Just AA and Post Processing effects set to low while everything is set to medium. the only time the game lags is in the Forgotten Waterfall on the right side of the stage which is like 5fps.

Also, the PC version has this weird graphical effect on the Grid. When you move the background kinda...smudges out for a tiny bit where your animation wise. I don't know if that's a universal thing or what. I don't know if I can fix it, either, but it's been a problem since Day 1.

cept that isn't true but ok.

Zackat

Nope, runs at 60fps. Just AA and Post Processing effects set to low while everything is set to medium. the only time the game lags is in the Forgotten Waterfall on the right side of the stage which is like 5fps.

you can get a mod to take the waterfall out

GGs. Dont' I get some advice?

Oh, I thought I've given you some before lol. I don't have any Necalli specific advice since I don't use him, but here's what I've noticed generally.

You jump a bit too much. Even after I do a simple aa against you, once you land you'll go right into another forward jump. I've tried just doing an aa against you multiple times in a row to get you to stop, but you seem to just want to keep jumping. Mixing it up with your dive kick was a nice touch to mix things up. Sometimes your random dp works well to shut down pressure, but other times they're way too obvious. I would try to pick them out a bit when you know they'll land. Your command throws always catch me off guard since you rarely use it. I feel like you could use it a bit more than you do when pressuring.

He asked a few posts ago for some games.

Ahh, I missed that. let me change it back to one fight

Edit
God I love the evo stage...
Oh, I thought I've given you some before lol. I don't have any Necalli specific advice since I don't use him, but here's what I've noticed generally.

You jump a bit too much. Even after I do a simple aa against you, once you land you'll go right into another forward jump. I've tried just doing an aa against you multiple times in a row to get you to stop, but you seem to just want to keep jumping. Mixing it up with your dive kick was a nice touch to mix things up. Sometimes your random dp works well to shut down pressure, but other times they're way too obvious. I would try to pick them out a bit when you know they'll land. Your command throws always catch me off guard since you rarely use it. I feel like you could use it a bit more than you do when pressuring.

I feel like I never make you block enough to try grabs, lol.

If ya'll are still playing send me an invite and I can spectate and maybe give some advice. I'm still grubbing like a pig here.

Edit: Looks like I could still get in with the old invite.

nikos

Any tips for a new Laura player? Pretty much been a shoto warrior since SF2, but she's so much fun. Trying to legitimately main her.

Ketch

damn. Had a couple of really good matches in ranked today.

Like I don't mind losing when it's not to cheap shit that I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND AGAINST!
rage.gif

I just had a couple of pretty even match ups, one lost, one won where we were like adapting to how each other plays throughout the match and changing our strategies and shit it was good.

Felt like I was playing street fighter, which turns out, is hella fun.

I only know how to play bison in case you all are wondering (lol). I will be trying to pick up Juri once she drops.

GGs man!

I need to work more on my grab cancels ��

Alright, so those last 2 matches I tried to see how you play and here's what advice I can give...Sorry for the wall of text.

- Learn a basic bnb, there were times where you could've punished me, but instead you just kinda poked me with a normal. A good one would be st. mp, cr. mk xx spinning mixer.
- Use his pokes when in range. You started doing them and mixing them up with the overhead pretty well that second match.
- Too many unsafe moves. Eagle kick is highly punishable, I tried to show you from just hitting you with a normal after a blocked eagle kick. Don't just throw them out wildly, any blocked ones and you could eat a super on recovery easily.
- Dash forward eagle kick is a little safer since it puts you further away on recovery, but you can still get punished from a quicker move or a projectile.
- Generally, I just like to use his eagle kick as a combo ender in the corner, or the ex for a juggle combo into spinning mixer. I'll use the ex air eagle kick as a surprise to end the round sometimes.
- Your V-Trigger mixup is kind of transparent, you generally just use it full screen and do full screen eagle kicks. I could punish it easily with Ibuki's dp, but if I was using Ryu I could've easily supered you.
- Use V-Trigger for a mixup up close. Throw it out up close and either go for a low, an overhead or a throw or perhaps a crossup. Throwing it full screen away doesn't do much to pressure the opponent.
- You could also use V-Trigger as an anti air to confirm into either a spinning mixer or a super.
- Watch out for wake up supers, it's a bad habit. You were throwing them out almost every time you had a super and I knocked you down, same goes for ex spinner.
- You should work on pressuring a bit more when you score a knock down. There were times where you kind of didn't do anything. A big part of Rashid's game is constant pressuring and mixups and when you let that go you lose your momentum.

That's all I can remember at the moment, hope that helps.

Kashiwaba

GGs man!

Alright, so those last 2 matches I tried to see how you play and here's what advice I can give...Sorry for the wall of text.

- Learn a basic bnb, there were times where you could've punished me, but instead you just kinda poked me with a normal. A good one would be st. mp, cr. mk xx spinning mixer.
- Use his pokes when in range. You started doing them and mixing them up with the overhead pretty well that second match.
- Too many unsafe moves. Eagle kick is highly punishable, I tried to show you from just hitting you with a normal after a blocked eagle kick. Don't just throw them out wildly, any blocked ones and you could eat a super on recovery easily.
- Dash forward eagle kick is a little safer since it puts you further away on recovery, but you can still get punished from a quicker move or a projectile.
- Generally, I just like to use his eagle kick as a combo ender in the corner. I'll use the ex air eagle kick as a surprise to end the round sometimes.
- Your V-Trigger mixup is kind of transparent, you generally just use it full screen and do full screen eagle kicks. I could punish it easily with Ibuki's dp, but if I was using Ryu I could've easily supered you.
- Use V-Trigger for a mixup up close. Throw it out up close and either go for a low, an overhead or a throw or perhaps a crossup. Throwing it full screen away doesn't do much to pressure the opponent.
- You could also use V-Trigger as an anti air to confirm into either a spinning mixer or a super.
- Watch out for wake up supers, it's a bad habit. You were throwing them out almost every time you had a super and I knocked you down, same goes for ex spinner.
- You should work on pressuring a bit more when you score a knock down. There were times where you kind of didn't do anything.

That's all I can remember at the moment, hope that helps.
Oh thanks i will try to work on that's and ya i kinda noticed my pressure game is weak i suffer a lot against ryu army on ranking matches.

Top Bottom