• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Now that I just went Ultra Silver the game matches me mainly against Golds in casuals, that's awesome.
I was so excited when I got to Ultra Gold, cause I thought now in casuals, I'm gonna get some good opponents!!

Only to find RQers and people who do the same thing as Bronze players, only these guys just punish my mistakes better.

People definitely get increasingly better at the game as you rank up and most definitely do not do stupid shit!!!

Zerojul

I was so excited when I got to Ultra Gold, cause I thought now in casuals, I'm gonna get some good opponents!!

Only to find RQers and people who do the same thing as Bronze players, only these guys just punish my mistakes better.

Don't crush my delusions of grandeur like that bro :)

I'm so happy I found my groove back in this game. For a bit I thought I got stale and wasn't improving at all. Now I feel I'm slowly improving and don't care about points anymore.

So someone here told me a cheap way to do normal survival with Bison(head stomp over and over), are there any other characters where it's that easy?
I already did Ryu, Ken and Cammy. And of course, Bison.

With Necalli, I just get a knockdown and spammed his heaviest combo. The easier one anyway, down hp, hk stomp, and hp dp if it's meaty
Did normal twice in 3 tries with that

Xeteh

Finally beat normal with Bison. Game almost screwed me on Gief but I made it through. Still can't beat it with FANG despite lucebuce's tips. Between his projectiles doing garbage damage and having to choose their distance I fuck up too much.

Finally beat normal with Bison. Game almost screwed me on Gief but I made it through. Still can't beat it with FANG despite lucebuce's tips. Between his projectiles doing garbage damage and having to choose their distance I fuck up too much.
I personally just had to spam the far ones with the occasional medium if they tried to get close, though there's very little room for error in between.

I beat it with Rashid and Birdie on normal, but I couldn't do it with Fang. I'm just bad at doing charge moves consistently.

I need 2000 fm, so I need to do one more.

Xeteh

I beat it with Rashid and Birdie on normal, but I couldn't do it with Fang. I'm just bad at doing charge moves consistently.

I need 2000 fm, so I need to do one more.

Have you done the character "tutorials"? Just by opening each one and closing it you get some FM.

I personally just had to spam the far ones with the occasional medium if they tried to get close, though there's very little room for error in between.

I even tried to do s.hk, s.mk, bf+p as a bnb to go through with but the double hit throws my timing off on confirming. Sometimes I do it just fine others I'll fuck it up like 5 times in a row.

Have you done the character "tutorials"? Just by opening each one and closing it you get some FM.

I've done that. Done all easy survival and all the story modes including the new one.
I think the only ways I can get fm now is doing normal survival or doing extra story mode, which is ridiculous.

I've done that. Done all easy survival and all the story modes including the new one.
I think the only ways I can get fm now is doing normal survival or doing extra story mode, which is ridiculous.

You could..... play online? You get 1k FM everytime you level up a character, so 2 more levels gets you 2k FM on top of the 50 FM per win.
I even tried to do s.hk, s.mk, bf+p as a bnb to go through with but the double hit throws my timing off on confirming. Sometimes I do it just fine others I'll fuck it up like 5 times in a row.
I personally just focused on the poison balls. As soon as the move came out, I started charging down again and as soon as both the poison balls were either off screen, hit the enemy or hit the ground, I did the move and repeat until FM is received.

You could..... play online? You get 1k FM everytime you level up a character, so 2 more levels gets you 2k FM on top of the 50 FM per win.
I personally just focused on the poison balls. As soon as the move came out, I started charging down again and as soon as both the poison balls were either off screen, hit the enemy or hit the ground, I did the move and repeat until FM is received.

Do you still get experience if you lose?

Do you still get experience if you lose?

Not as much, but yes you do. You get more EXP per win/loss the higher your opponents rank is, regardless of whether you're playing ranked or casual.

There are people that just have scripts or something set up to have the character just spam light kick. The person they're matched up with beats them and they still get a little bit of XP per loss but over time that eventually adds up to a healthy chunk of XP and FM.

Not as much, but yes you do. You get more EXP per win/loss the higher your opponents rank is, regardless of whether you're playing ranked or casual.

There are people that just have scripts or something set up to have the character just spam light kick. The person they're matched up with beats them and they still get a little bit of XP per loss but over time that eventually adds up to a healthy chunk of XP and FM.

Cool. I'll do this instead.

And that light kick thing is actually pretty clever, but I don't think I have the patience for that.

Cool. I'll do this instead.

And that light kick thing is actually pretty clever, but I don't think I have the patience for that.

Yeah, PC players can probably use some scripts or something. I'm not entirely sure how PS4 players do it, but I've run into like 2 or 3 of them. One was a japanese platinum player, who I think was doing PPP instead of lk.

Not sure how that person pulled it off, but it worked.

EDIT: Btw, if I may ask, do you need the FM for a DLC character or for a stage/costume? Cause the DLC characters have their own trials/survival/story/demonstration/XP so you get a decent amount of that 100k per character back.

Zackat

Yeah, PC players can probably use some scripts or something. I'm not entirely sure how PS4 players do it, but I've run into like 2 or 3 of them. One was a japanese platinum player, who I think was doing PPP instead of lk.

turbo button on their arcade sticks

Xeteh

Turbo buttons on sticks/pads.

Shadoken

Y'all are tripping, spamming St.LP with Nash is a legit strategy. It kinds fakes the startup of a boom and so the opponent might jump and get destroyed. Plus it's a Jab so there's no way you're getting punished unless you're playing Tool_Assissted.

Yup.Fakes sonic boom. Can hit confirm Dash in attempts.

Do people really think Infil randomly spams that move? It has Great range and very good hitbox/hurtbox.
Its a great way just to check to see what the opponent wants to do. It almost always triggers the opponent to do something. But if you are just randomly spamming it then yea it wont do anything.

Nash is based on frustrating your opponent , at that state even randomly doing a couple of Jabs seems like taunting.

Yup.Fakes sonic boom. Can hit confirm Dash in attempts.

Do people really think Infil randomly spams that move? It has Great range and very good hitbox/hurtbox.
Its a great way just to check to see what the opponent wants to do. It almost always triggers the opponent to do something. But if you are just randomly spamming it then yea it wont do anything.

Nash is based on frustrating your opponent , at that state even randomly doing a couple of Jabs seems like taunting.
As you said, when you do it at a range when you'd normally throw a fireball, makes sense.

When you do it AFTER you've already thrown a fireball.... well it makes less sense. Like I said, people just try to imitate Infiltration without actually knowing why he does half of the things that he normally does.

EDIT: Btw, if I may ask, do you need the FM for a DLC character or for a stage/costume? Cause the DLC characters have their own trials/survival/story/demonstration/XP so you get a decent amount of that 100k per character back.

I wanna get Juri, but I got Ibuki when she was released because I assumed Juri would take longer to be released.

Shadoken

As you said, when you do it at a range when you'd normally throw a fireball, makes sense.

When you do it AFTER you've already thrown a fireball.... well it makes less sense. Like I said, people just try to imitate Infiltration without actually knowing why he does half of the things that he normally does.

Lol yea that makes no sense at all.

Best part when you bait that jump in is, you can be ready to do a max punish anti air like Nj.HK->Sonic scythe. Really demotivates them from jumping in.

Lol yea that makes no sense at all.

Best part when you bait that jump in is, you can be ready to do a max punish anti air like Nj.HK->Sonic scythe. Really demotivates them from jumping in.

If I had to give a single universal piece of advice to players fighting Nash, it's don't jump at him when he has meter. Granted, it took me eating a few EX sonic scythes to learn that lesson, but that matchup has gotten a lot easier once I did.

EDIT: Against good nashes, don't jump at him at all.

Ketch

I tried to grind some survival to get FM, but damn it's just too boring... like it's not really hard, just cant be asked to do another one.

molnizzle

Christ, never thought of that. Gonna leave that on all night and see how much FM I get by morning. I'll do it in ranked so I can at least give the opponents some free LP. I'm only bronze anyway so it's no big loss on my end. lol

Xeteh

Christ, never thought of that. Gonna leave that on all night and see how much FM I get by morning. I'll do it in ranked so I can at least give the opponents some free LP. I'm only bronze anyway so it's no big loss on my end. lol

I thought about doing it in casuals for character experience but I'd feel like a dirtbag.

You're get 0 FM. You have to win to get it. That trick is for experience.

I just ran into an Ultra Platinum crazy Mika. Holy shit I'm shook.

FluxWaveZ

Crap, first time against PRRog incoming.

Edit: Well, that went about as expected. He crushed me during the first match, I beat him in the second, and he destroyed me in the third.

KingBroly

Banned

Whenever I wanted to farm something in a 360 game in the past involving going through menus, I'd always set everything to A on my Fight Stick, set Turbo on and put a Wii Remote w/WM+ dongle on it. I dunno if that'd work for SF5 or not.

hehe, a Balrog player did the EX version of his d+u kick move, and I did a st.mk xx V-trigger.

the st.mk hit him, got absorbed by the armor then the V-trigger hit him, sending him flying. That was so hilarious.

Top Bottom