• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Yo, tell me how some of these jabronis get over Bronze with such shitty fundamentals.

I just fought a Super Bronze (like 1100) Ken, whose entire offense revolved around jump-in LK into attempted SRK. I literally just jabbed him out of the air with some BNB combos (I'm still not fast enough in muscle memory to instantly input SRK) and Seismo'd him at full screen when he tried fireballs.

Keep in mind I'm a lowly 600 Bronze. And then the dude tries a FULL SCREEN CRITICAL. Do these dudes just only meet bad players and they stumble their way up to high rank?

Xeteh

Yo, tell me how some of these jabronis get over Bronze with such shitty fundamentals.

I just fought a Super Bronze (like 1100) Ken, whose entire offense revolved around jump-in LK into attempted SRK. I literally just jabbed him out of the air with some BNB combos (I'm still not fast enough in muscle memory to instantly input SRK) and Seismo'd him at full screen when he tried fireballs.

Keep in mind I'm a lowly 600 Bronze. And then the dude tries a FULL SCREEN CRITICAL. Do these dudes just only meet bad players and they stumble their way up to high rank?

Who knows, I've been as high as 1300 LP and I'm currently draining points everytime I play ranked. I play Necalli, if you want to play let me know.

molnizzle

Yeah, and you'll meet them too before you plateua. I main Ken and most of my offense revolves around the j.MK cross up. I hover around 800-1200 LP. Heh. =)

Ketch

When one best of two can net you 200 points I think it's pretty common to fluctuate between like 800 - 1200 lp.

Goddamn, all this Necalli play on here is getting me jealous. Work is super busy this week and I'm pooped... I'm off Thursday and I'll probably be playing Wednesday night. I'd love to play some fellow Necalli fools to try to improve my tech.

Goddamn, all this Necalli play on here is getting me jealous. Work is super busy this week and I'm pooped... I'm off Thursday and I'll probably be playing Wednesday night. I'd love to play some fellow Necalli fools to try to improve my tech.

I'm switching to Juri tomorrow, so you'll probably get some Juri data if we play! :D

ggs as you can see my balrog is complete trash though my ken didn't do much better lol. Just couldn't stop the pressure.

GGs. That Rog was fine. Problem is you're a little free to pressure. Rog you would have to get defensive. But ken should be able to get pressure off easilly without so much turtling. I'd recommend using jab anti air more and going for the mix up[i think that works for ken?]. Tiny bit more random dps actually wouldn't hurt. Neutral jumps. Do a ton more of them lol. So many times I was chasing you and beating blockstrings into you, one neutral jump well timed, make me eat 250 for being so greedy.
You mainly just let me get the momentum too easilly. Otherwise you're game's pretty good.When you were on the offensive, I was always worried.

JayEH

GGs. That Rog was fine. Problem is you're a little free to pressure. Rog you would have to get defensive. But ken should be able to get pressure off easilly without so much turtling. I'd recommend using jab anti air more and going for the mix up[i think that works for ken?]. Tiny bit more random dps actually wouldn't hurt. Neutral jumps. Do a ton more of them lol. So many times I was chasing you and beating blockstrings into you, one neutral jump well timed, make me eat 250 for being so greedy.
You mainly just let me get the momentum too easilly. Otherwise you're game's pretty good.When you were on the offensive, I was always worried.

thanks for the advice. Yeah you're not the first person to tell me that I play too defensive, I just need to be more confident in my play.

Pachinko

I feel like I'm slowly making a breakthrough with this game. I've been popping around through the cast trying to find a character I enjoy the most and through playing 1v1 with a friend I've realized Ryu still has a lot to teach me. I feel like I "get" the fundementals and my special execution is there but I'm not quite up to scratch with basic BnB's. Don't really fully punish when I should just yet.

Tonight though, I had a few casual matches against a handful of different opponents and feel like I've been taught a lesson that I really need to keep - Patience.

Every single win I managed (I 2-1'd a laura and 2-0'd a rashid) happened only after I decided to block smarter and open up with offense only as a form of punishment for a failed offense by my opponent. I guess it helps when you play people who don't seem to block at all (so many free hits , crouching medium kick should never work 5 times in a row , etc) but still.

I'm looking forward to Juri tomorrow , I really enjoyed using her in ultra and even though she's tweaked a bit in 5 I think I'm willing to give it a chance. Even Ibuki , after spending a bit more time with her, is warming on me a bit.

My last post mentioned some difficulty doing a standing QCF special cancel and I've finally gotten the hang of that one. Kind of wish I'd practiced a bit more before EVO and maybe managed to eke out a win instead of going 1-2 thanks to a bye :p ah well.

This game is fun, I don't care what the haters say. Hopefully in another month I'll be ready to attempt to play some ranked.

Ketch

why is playing against the AI so soul crushingly unfun?

FUUUUUUUCK.

almost done with story hard mode. any tips for:

cammy vs juli
nash vs bison
ken vs ryu

?

FUUUUUUUCK.

cammy vs juli
nash vs bison
ken vs ryu

?

You can get a good free chunk of damage off Juli as Cammy by doing v-trigger > spiral arrow.HK > cannon spike.HK. This works well with some space between you when she decides to get aggressive and approach. When you see her start to come at you, spiral arrow on reaction then combo into the cannon spike. Otherwise defense and then punish jump ins/approach with cannon spike.

I found the AI can be really dumb when it comes to projectiles; if you can get some distance and get a good rhythm of sonic booms going and vary the speeds properly, bison will just block or eat them. if he gets too close, use v-trigger or v-reversal to get out and escape corner pressure.

The Ryu/Ken fight just spam fireball and try to use mp SRKs to punish aggression/jump ins.

Zerojul

nash vs bison
If that's the one where he starts in v-trig what I had to do is wait until it depletes because he's even more of a mofo with it. Defend until he runs out and play a very safe game and punish his mistakes after that. It was a nightmare for me and I think I just got lucky.

I'm finally able to do combos above 5 hits now, thanks to this new/old TV. But it's also showing me that I don't like certain characters as much. Necaili isn't as fun as he used to be for some reason.

This is all just dicking around until Urien drops. I don't care how good or bad he is, I'm still going to use him regardless.

Zackat

So, after Juri only one character need to be released (according to the road map), and still no daily challenges.

I imagine them not being able to get the Zenny working pushed back a lot of stuff like that. The characters were probably unaffected by Zenny being a blowup and are thus on time. Still fuckin weak though, like weren't those datamined in one of the first betas?

Qvoth

played some online after many months of not playing cuz i wanna start earning some fm for juri
but the downtime during search for opponents is nuts
and you can't earn fm when fighting from battle lounges?
goddamn capcom :<

Zackat

played some online after many months of not playing cuz i wanna start earning some fm for juri
but the downtime during search for opponents is nuts
and you can't earn fm when fighting from battle lounges?
goddamn capcom :<

yeah the last few patches they have increased the value of giving you a quality match over a fast match, which I think is preferable to getting trounced. I don't have many problems at any time of the day though in South Florida.

Some bad quality Juri images I took at Comicon to help hold you guys over until tomorrow.

And two more random ones I thought were cool.

FOMC1wo.jpg

pblqlLc.jpg

H9mTBZl.jpg

2ThSpLo.jpg

dDf86Hl.jpg

DR2K

Banned

FUUUUUUUCK.

cammy vs juli
nash vs bison
ken vs ryu

?

Cammy and Ken, use the medium SRK and Spike. AI doesn't react properly to SRK type moves.

Man, still got to wait until next year for this stupid jab AA thing to be fixed. It&#8217;s so annoying lol. And damn, I still lost to Tampa!!! He really has my number, I always play nervous against him.

Hyun Sai

Man, still got to wait until next year for this stupid jab AA thing to be fixed. It’s so annoying lol. And damn, I still lost to Tampa!!! He really has my number, I always play nervous against him.

Color me surprised. Did they talk about changing anything about jabs AA ?

Zerojul

Great to see we could be getting more stage transitions, but I have no idea what's going on in this video lol
FWIW the guy replaced the files for every stage with China stage's and the corner Ko animation differs every time, meaning corner kos exist in the game for all of those stages in some form and could be implemented later ? I could be wrong though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Since when upload speed got anything to do with latency ?

How will they enforce the "no wifi" rule ?

I'm no networking expert, but it might be because generally people's upload speed is lower than their download speed, so that's the limiting factor for a good connection. If I can download the other user's inputs perfectly but my inputs get sent too slowly, then that would result in a bad connection, right?

Since when upload speed got anything to do with latency ?

Capcom just failing to understand that the further the opponent lives, the higher the latency becomes. Someone should tell them this and show them Battle(non)sense before ever thinking about doing a CPT online event.

Plus connection settings just doesn't work. I went up against a laggy Venezuelan R.Mika player who showed 5 bars, I beat him and was matched with the player again and this time he showed 3 bars. And I always set my bar limit to 4-5.

A bad M.Bison player could come go a long way for using online tactics.

Top Bottom