• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Zackat

when people don't give me the runback

s6wp.gif

Momentary

Banned
Are you playing wired or on wifi? It makes a big difference in fighting games... but for the most part no, one of the big complaints right now is that the netcode rollback fixes the latency for the laggier connection but the person with the better connection sees all the garbage.

For the most part my connections to people have been fine but I know others aren't always that lucky.

I was playing wired and had the issue.s.

Instead of playing 4-5 bar matches, I just stick with 5 bar and get better results.

Bigg_Oggy

I'm too emotionally stirred up to be playing this game. I wish it wasn't like that. Anyone else feel the same?

I had this feeling yesterday. Losing matches because of small mistakes (dropped combos recently) and cracking under pressure.

It's so frustrating. Just gotta cool off for a bit to heal my salty wounds.

Xeteh

I'm too emotionally stirred up to be playing this game. I wish it wasn't like that. Anyone else feel the same?

Yep. I fucking hate it.

Instead of playing 4-5 bar matches, I just stick with 5 bar and get better results.

That's shitty, you must have been playing with people on poor connections. They probably thought it felt fine, which is even more frustrating.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
If anyone from Capcom reads this thread, please change the in-menu purchasing system. I wasted 70k FM on a stage I didn't want because I was only half paying attention slamming my A button trying to get into training stage on my way in to training. This is most of a character and supremely disheartening.

If you don't want to display a message saying something like "This <Thing> is locked until purchase, please get it from the Shop", at least default it to No on confirmation so you can't just mash through it like I did. :(

SF4 I got salty because the 360 D-pad was ultra shit, once i fixed that(bought a stick) I stop getting salty in SF4, SF5 on the other hand, knowing the netcode doesn't sync players makes my blood boil, basically stop playing unless friends ask to battle lounge, i rather play boring, i have done every thing in Guild Wars 2, than SF5, maybe if they fix the netcode i will actually play this game..

Dartastic

Playing more Ibuki has made me realize some of her problems for real. I just finished playing a Cammy and I got absolutely WRECKED. Had no idea what to do.

If anyone from Capcom reads this thread, please change the in-menu purchasing system. I wasted 70k FM on a stage I didn't want because I was only half paying attention slamming my A button trying to get into training stage on my way in to training. This is most of a character and supremely disheartening.

If you don't want to display a message saying something like "This <Thing> is locked until purchase, please get it from the Shop", at least default it to No on confirmation so you can't just mash through it like I did. :(
I did this and got Alex. I didn't want Alex. Alex is garbage.
SF4 I got salty because the 360 D-pad was ultra shit, once i fixed that(bought a stick) I stop getting salty in SF4, SF5 on the other hand, knowing the netcode doesn't sync players makes my blood boil, basically stop playing unless friends ask to battle lounge, i rather play boring, i have done every thing in Guild Wars 2, than SF5, maybe if they fix the netcode i will actually play this game..
When it comes to online, SFIV was like playing underwater (all of the time). SFV feels like I'm playing someone sitting right next to me (most of the time).

Xeteh

I did this and got Alex. I didn't want Alex. Alex is garbage.

I thought I was normal but I feel like with everything I've read I'm the weird one. I'll buy every DLC character in fighting games even if I don't care to play them. Its not even like I have people over often that might use them, I just hate having characters locked.

I'd argue that revelator is more difficult than SFV will ever be.

Anime fighters are stupidly technical. I thought I played P4A pretty well until I saw competitive play, then I felt like a moron.

I thought I was normal but I feel like with everything I've read I'm the weird one. I'll buy every DLC character in fighting games even if I don't care to play them. Its not even like I have people over often that might use them, I just hate having characters locked.
It worked out. I planned on getting all the characters eventually and you have to have them in order to train against them.

JayEH

Anime fighters are at least a bit easier to just pick up and play since you can just mash buttons and you'll still get combos.

Ryce

It's a small detail, but is anyone else bothered by the fact that Urien uses the same move for both of his throws?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

There are definitely times when I'm just in no mental state to handle losing or fucking up or whatever. It makes me too angry and frustrated, and it destroys my physical ability to play the game. And conversely there are times when I feel like I'm in the zone and playing really well, executing properly, avoiding bad impulses, etc. I was hoping practice would reduce my reliance on feeling "in the zone" but so far it hasn't. It can't help that I'm in my 30s and chronically sleep deprived.

I also have to keep fighting an intense battle to tell myself that the points don't matter so I shouldn't worry about that and just enjoy playing and learning. Sometimes I lose that battle and have to retreat to casuals to have any hope of not feeling like shit when I lose.

Street Fighter is unhealthy, man.

I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but you want them to put resources towards reprogramming menus because you couldn't pay attention for 5 seconds?

That said, purchase screens should always default to "no" so you've definitely got a point there.

When points are at stake, I only accept 5 bars and even then it's not always a reliable indicator. I'll accept 4 in a casual match. Sometimes those turn out fine.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but you want them to put resources towards reprogramming menus because you couldn't pay attention for 5 seconds?

That said, purchase screens should always default to "no" so you've definitely got a point there.

I was having a conversation at the same time and looking at my second monitor, I shouldn't have to carefully navigate every character and stage selection screen worrying about accidentally spending my FM. It equates to huge playtime investments. I wasn't even aware that it could happen, I assumed it was the former having never attempted to select those characters.

And as for development resources, it's more removing things than adding them.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I was having a conversation at the same time and looking at my second monitor, I shouldn't have to carefully navigate every character and stage selection screen worrying about accidentally spending my FM. It equates to huge playtime investments. I wasn't even aware that it could happen, I assumed it was the former having never attempted to select those characters.

And as for development resources, it's more removing things than adding them.

You don't have to carefully do anything except not hammer the button constantly while not looking at the screen. I doubt this issue came up in Capcom's user testing.

FluxWaveZ

Went against a 16k Diamond Ken player called Takamura_Be just now. I have no freaking clue how these top level players are able to tell what you're going to do before you've even decided on what you're going to do.

Pretty much filled up already.

Signed up. Looking forward to getting bopped in the first game.

I think you're right. I'm looking on my phone and didn't see anymore open spots lol. I figure their will be tons of Plats and diamonds. I wished I could have joined as well.

getting so tired of ryu army. many months later and i still fight him every 2nd fight. meh.

on a more positve note, i just noodled someone.....i can't believe it. last time was feb. or march. omg, we're back in noodle city.

Zackat

Went against a 16k Diamond Ken player called Takamura_Be just now. I have no freaking clue how these top level players are able to tell what you're going to do before you've even decided on what you're going to do.

some of them have been playing street fighter for 20 years lol, guessing their pattern recognition is just on fire.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You don't have to carefully do anything except not hammer the button constantly while not looking at the screen. I doubt this issue came up in Capcom's user testing.

It really should have, they need to insulate the valuable in game currency from the most commonly used menus in the game.

Sheroking

I'd argue that revelator is more difficult than SFV will ever be.

The thing about fighting games being "difficult" is that, if they are more mechanically convoluted or execution based - there are fewer players who can execute everything or are using their tools properly.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The thing about fighting games being "difficult" is that, if they are more mechanically convoluted or execution based - there are fewer players who can execute everything or are using their tools properly.

I want to get into UNIEL--how difficult is that as far as systems/meter management etc? I only ever played it a few times, rented it off PSN, and never had the chance to really explore it.

Second match of the evening vs a laggy Ryu. I do nothing for the first round, carefully chip his health in round two so I win the time out and then poke him to death in the final round.

Dumb.

FluxWaveZ

Room for one more? CFN: RushdownTactics

Sorry, had shut down my PC so I couldn't see this message in time.

GG's Flux. First time against a 'Rog, so no idea what's safe or not yet :). We'll have to play again once I do.

GGs. My defense is still lacking quite a bit. I think that was the first time I went against a Bison who was really aggressive with throws, so I had to actually shimmy, which is something I hardly ever do.

Bizazedo

Rushdown, still around?

GGs. My defense is still lacking quite a bit. I think that was the first time I went against a Bison who was really aggressive with throws, so I had to actually shimmy, which is something I hardly ever do.
Yeah, Bison doesn't really have a mixup, so...

Sorry, had shut down my PC so I couldn't see this message in time.

Shimmying is super good in this game, especially with Balrog.

Top Bottom