• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

FluxWaveZ

Shimmying is super good in this game, especially with Balrog.

Yeah, I need to do that more, especially considering how much it's used against me.

Already full, so what's even the point? :/

It was an unfortunately, really short notice. I think I'm at position 56 or something on the waiting list, but it's not like enough people will be dropping out before Friday for me to get in. Ah well, I wasn't gonna be getting far anyways.

Xeteh

I'm so done playing ranked.

I'm shit, I get it. I'm tired of losing to garbage that I know is coming but I can't react to.

JayEH

I'm shit, I get it. I'm tired of losing to garbage that I know is coming but I can't react to.

I just stick to casuals for weeks at a time then when I feel I'm ready I go back to ranked. So much less stress in casual.There's no way I could play ranked daily. I already got salty enough playing casuals at times.

You don't have to carefully do anything except not hammer the button constantly while not looking at the screen. I doubt this issue came up in Capcom's user testing.

It's general good UI design principles to defer to "no" when the player is about to do something that isn't easily reversible. If you try to delete a save game, for example, most games will default to no.

I had the same problem too in that I wasted a bunch of fight money on Ibuki. The update dropped, I noticed that she was available in the training mode and that they let me hover over her. I pressed A. Nothing happened. I pressed A again. That apparently registers as 2 presses of A, because half a second later a menu flickered on screen then went away, and my fight money was gone.

Of course, buying the season pass later I didn't get a refund for my fight money either.

xabi

Ranked isn't for learning. Ranked is for finding your ceiling.

I'm enjoying it far more now than they've patched the matchmaking and I'm only playing my peers.

Oh yeah I agree on the matchmaking totally...was just trying to suggest another avenue to xeteh if he's frustrated and feels like he needs to practice how to react to certain tricks

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Aw man, you've been getting pissed off for a minute now. Try and relax about it. I barely have time to play and go through the same sort of thing. I stopped playing Ranked months ago because I knew the frustration it would cause me. Casual/Battle Lounge is the best. Stick to that and keep playing. Some days will be better than others. Just remember we play for the love of Street Fighter!

Ryu is such a fucktard character. Jumps 100 times, gets anti-aired 99 times, but that one jump in combo does more damage than all my anti airs. Brainless meaty pressure too off every sweep. Fuck this shitty ass character.

mbpm1

Ryu is such a fucktard character. Jumps 100 times, gets anti-aired 99 times, but that one jump in combo does more damage than all my anti airs. Brainless meaty pressure too off every sweep. Fuck this shitty ass character.
tumblr_oawiigtzH61qa187lo1_400.png

Xeteh

That isn't really a Ryu thing. I've heard tons of decent players talk about how jumping in have very little penalties. If I jump in 5 times and you anti-air me 4 times... its worth it because the one time I get in I get a huge combo... if you AA me we both reset.

Shadoken

You need to capitalize more with your Anti-airs. I know online laggy jumpy Ryus can be a pain ( idk what makes him more annoying than the others ).

But if a Ryu gets predictable with jump-ins. I start positioning my self to do high damage AAs.
a) Dashunder -> Cr.Mp combo starter
b) Neutral jump Hk->Bazooka Knee (mixup potential)

Worse case just do Cr.MP->Sonic Boom. You can chip with Sonic Sycthe or just try to pressure him.

Jesus I can't play when I'm pissed. Can't concentrate.

haha dont play Nash when you are pissed/frustrated. I learnt that too. You need to be the one delivering the frustration to the opponent lol

That isn't really a Ryu thing. I've heard tons of decent players talk about how jumping in have very little penalties. If I jump in 5 times and you anti-air me 4 times... its worth it because the one time I get in I get a huge combo... if you AA me we both reset.

Its basically characters who can adjust their hurtbox with jumpins. So the normal they jumpin with in it self is a mixup. Because your AA whiffs.

You need to capitalize more with your Anti-airs. I know online laggy jumpy Ryus can be a pain ( idk what makes him more annoying than the others ).

But if a Ryu gets predictable with jump-ins. I start positioning my self to do high damage AAs.
a) Dashunder -> Cr.Mp combo starter
b) Neutral jump Hk->Bazooka Knee (mixup potential)

Worse case just do Cr.MP->Sonic Boom. You can chip with Sonic Sycthe or just try to pressure him.

This nigga was doing DP randomly. I couldn't pressure for shit

Shadoken

Dont forget its harder to react to shit online too , not because of input lag. But some startup animation frames drop and there are synching issues with inputs. Its just weird , which is why dont like to invest too much time in it , apart from trying to get matchup familiarity.

Its like the match will LOOK fine , but its actually messed up.

Duress

I'm not even sure what you're mad about.

I'm mad about some Cammy player messaging after he won 2 out of 3 with perfectly executed combos about lag. Yeah, okay guy from Italy.

I think this view is only stigmatized by people with shitty internet signals that stream 30 things at once.

If you guys don believe I have a solid connection play me.

Big Brett

I'm mad about some Cammy player messaging after he won 2 out of 3 with perfectly executed combos about lag. Yeah, okay guy from Italy.

I think this view is only stigmatized by people with shitty internet signals that stream 30 things at once.

I'm telling you man, you don't wanna go down this road. Every argument ends in wired>wireless because no, there might not be lag for you, and you might get 200 down, 20 up, but it's still going to not be as reliable as wired for fighting games, where each individual frame is as important as the last.

JayEH

with rollback the connection may seem fine on your end but bad for the other person.

Xeteh

Where do you live? I'm in California, I'm also garbage but I'm down to fight. I have no idea what your connection might be but you seem mad that you lost and you're pissed about it. I'm super pissy each time I lose in ranked but that is because I keep thinking I've improved but I lose to stupid shit... but yeah, I'm down.

Anime fighters are at least a bit easier to just pick up and play since you can just mash buttons and you'll still get combos.

As opposed to mashing in SFV, which will just end up blindly purchasing stuff from the store.

Heyyooooo! I'll be here all week. Please tip your servers. :)

Big Brett

Also Duress, regardless of your internet, it's shitty of the guy to waste his time messaging you. I definitely get heated when that type of stuff happens.

Where do you live? I'm in California, I'm also garbage but I'm down to fight. I have no idea what your connection might be but you seem mad that you lost and you're pissed about it. I'm super pissy each time I lose in ranked but that is because I keep thinking I've improved but I lose to stupid shit... but yeah, I'm down.
u think ur garbo? u havent seen anything yet from me.

JayEH

Not incredibly sure what I'm looking at, but more stage transitions are badass, Can't wait for more.
Is the fgc good with them? They don't ban bus stage do they? I imagine the stage size growing does give some characters an advantage.

The china stage actually doesn't change size. they just move things around in the stage to maintain the size when a transition happens.

nded

Not incredibly sure what I'm looking at, but more stage transitions are badass, Can't wait for more.
Is the fgc good with them? They don't ban bus stage do they? I imagine the stage size growing does give some characters an advantage.
Like anyone fighting a mika,lol.

I don't think it grows. When you crash into the restaurant in bustling side street, the stage boundary moves and you can't get back to the bus.

I literally need to sit my ass down and not do any EX fire stuff and save that for blowing people the fuck up on jump-ins. Just burn it all down.

Duress

I live out in Michigan, but I'm calling it a night. Hit me up tomorrow!

CFN: Cybaslasher

I'll be around 8:00-10:00 pm EST. I'm not sure what that is in Pacific Time.

Top Bottom