• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
I think it'll be more than 1 per year if they start a new one already.

Could be right.

Man, this PSX Experience has me hyped for this game again. It's like all the negative stuff I said about it has changed now with Akuma coming AND the idea of Sakura being in. Love it.

MrCarter

I'll keep an open mind for new characters, because who knows they could end up having a very unique and popular play style.

I'm hoping that all new characters means "New to SFV" and not "Completely New Never Before Seen". There's a lot of classic charcters I want to see before we get anoth 5 newcomers in the game.

Scotia

Banned
But why? What if the newcomers actually turned out to be GOOD.

Then it would hurt a bit less, but there's so many characters that should be added before getting entire an entire season of new characters.

I know people are going to disagree with me, but that's how I feel.

Csr

I am very disappointed with the new look, the hair looks pretty stupid to me and i am not too fond of the face either. Maybe i will grow to like the design more if i see more of him. It also seemed to me like his animations were not very polished.

Zackat

C Viper is the one on the left yeah?

Then it would hurt a bit less, but there's so many characters that should be added before getting entire an entire season of new characters.

there should be at least 2 new characters per season

MrCarter

I am very disappointed with the new look, the hair looks pretty stupid to me and i am not too fond of the face either. Maybe i will grow to like the design more if i see more of him. It also seemed to me like his animations were not very polished.

That raging demon animation is mesmerising.

If I have to be realistic, then I would not expect 5 never-seen-before characters, but rather that they are just phrasing it badly. So far Capcom appears to have been heavily informed by the character pool that they did a while back, in terms of selecting characters for V, and I would expect that to continue going forward:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013...-fighter-favorite-characters-popularity-poll/

None of them are going to be Blanka, anyway, so what do I care. :(

RK9039

Can he only do shoryuken in vtrigger?

I like how they've changed the moves for some characters in this, everyone feels different.

But why? What if the newcomers actually turned out to be GOOD.

I think my biggest problem with 5 newcomers is that regardless of how good they end up being, I have no investment in them. There's no way to get hype about something I know nothing about. With returning characters, it's fun and exciting to try to guess who is coming, and how they've changed them up both mechanically or visually. If they're all new, they might as well have not even used silhouettes, because there's nothing to guess anyway. I'm not saying I'm opposed to newcomers altogether, mind you. I think out of six characters, 2 newcomers is more than enough.

So here's my theory- those 5 silhouettes are all newcomers to SF.

The season kicks off this month with Akuma- there's plenty of runway for them to release maybe 3 to 5 returning characters too. This could be a 10 character season... don't limit things just because of EVO.

Edzi

Akuma feels really fun, didn't really know what to do with him though. Couldn't figure out what his vskill or trigger did but his attacks feel good.

leroidys

de56fa5963.png

My guesses:

RIA9BrE.jpg

1nBlIqP.jpg

2L5hNSM.jpg

??? (New character?)
??? (New character?)

So here's my theory- those 5 silhouettes are all newcomers to SF.

The season kicks off this month with Akuma- there's plenty of runway for them to release maybe 3 to 5 returning characters too. This could be a 10 character season... don't limit things just because of EVO.
That would be insane if they add upto 10 characters in a year.

The mere fact that of the 6 characters for this season, one is coming out in before the year even starts means that they either will space out the character releases considerably, or that there will be more than just these characters for next year.

EITHER WAY, I AM FUCKING HYPED.

I think ppl are reading too much into the 'completely new characters' thing. Think he meant 'new to SFV'.

I don't think it's people reading too much into it rather than Capcom poorly wording it. No shit it's characters new to SFV, are we expected to buy a season pass of Akuma, Ryu, Bison, Juri and Guile?

Motherfucker has the Hado COMING OUT OF HIS STOMACH.

Also,

As announced at PlayStation Experience, Akuma is coming to Street Fighter V on December 20th alongside our Holiday Content, B-Boy Ryu and B-Girl Chun-Li. Akuma’s Story, Premium Battle and Nostalgia costumes will also be available when he releases on the 20th.
The Nostalgia costumes are coming out on the 20th as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom