• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those silhouettes are way harder than S1's batch. All newcomers though which means I'll definitely be hyped as hell! As much as I love old SF characters, I had a ton more fun with all 4 of the new characters honestly. Iunno if many people here keeps up with the CFN Portal blogs they have on the JPN SFV site but they shown many new characters in it.

1st character is definitely Helen/Kolin imo. The 5th dude though is REALLY giving me Garuda vibes. Heck he was shown on the CFN Portal not too long ago......wonder if Arika/Capcom made a new deal or something. :D

Garuda
jGtbzxy.jpg

----------

Unfortunately no.

Oh man, you're missing out on one of the best fighting games ever! Really great game with all it's different Grooves, large variety of characters and a pretty nice soundtrack. CvS2 is a must play basically!

kitzkozan

Those silhouettes are way harder than S1's batch. All newcomers though which means I'll definitely be hyped as hell! As much as I love old SF characters, I had a ton more fun with all 4 of the new characters honestly. Iunno if many people here keeps up with the CFN Portal blogs they have on the JPN SFV site but they shown many new characters in it.

1st character is definitely Helen/Kolin imo. The 5th dude though is REALLY giving me Garuda vibes. Heck he was shown on the CFN Portal not too long ago......wonder if Arika/Capcom made a new deal or something. :D

Garuda
jGtbzxy.jpg

----------

Oh man, you're missing out on one of the best fighting games ever! Really great game with all it's different Grooves, large variety of characters and a pretty nice soundtrack. CvS2 is a must play basically!

The fourth one does sport Satsuki haircut, but we will see in due time.

Ryce

I believe all five of the silhouettes represent brand new characters who have never been playable in Street Fighter before.

"Includes Akuma and 5 completely new characters" is very specific language. "Includes Akuma and 5 additional/other characters" would be more grammatically appropriate if we were getting returning fighters other than Akuma.

Simply specifying that they mean "to SF5" when talking about bringing new characters would have cleared it up. "The season pass includes Akuma and 5 characters that are completely new to SF5" would have been very open-ended and unambiguous.

This really does sound like it's Akuma and 5 newcomers.

Raitaro

Amidst all the Akuma and season 2 excitement it just occurred to me that they have not announced the release date for that at one time announced Extra Battle mode where you could presumably battle Shadaloo soldiers, possibly dolls and "special bosses". Not for season 1 or 2 so far.

Have they forgotten about it? I hope not as I need more single player content to rack up FM for all those costumes and stages that are coming. Arcade mode was not mentioned either for season 2 by the way. Nor some kind of bonus rounds.

myco666

Getting 5 totally new characters and zero returning characters next year sounds really unlikely. I don't mind if that happens to be the case but I would expect atleast couple old ones.

Skab

So apparently word is going around from people playing akuma on the floor that theres balance changes in this version, including mika nerfs.

5 brand new characters would be dope. Akuma is your popular classic character to sell season passes.

Getting 5 totally new characters and zero returning characters next year sounds really unlikely. I don't mind if that happens to be the case but I would expect atleast couple old ones.
It is actually clever of Capcom if they do this. Having a season of entirely new characters would have pissed some people off so they included Akuma one of the classic SF characters to make the veterans happy.

So apparently word is going around from people playing akuma on the floor that theres balance changes in this version, including mika nerfs.
CYnFDVpWkAE8UpF.png

WAIT, THIS MEANS THAT THE BALANCE PATCH MAY BE COMING ON THE 20TH TOO!!

JayEH

5 new characters is such a risky move given the state of the game but respect if they do end up doing it.

myco666

Lets get those FANG nerfs in already.

It is actually clever of Capcom if they do this. Having a season of entirely new characters would have pissed some people off so they included Akuma one of the classic SF characters to make the veterans happy.

It would be clever but I still doubt it. Happy to be wrong though since I prefer totally new characters over old ones.

5 new characters is such a risky move given the state of the game but respect if they do end up doing it.
The more I see of this game's progress over the months, the more I've come to a realization.

Capcom simply does not give a fuck if they make a lot of money in the short term. They're in it for the long haul and if that means taking it slow and steady, they're fine with it.

I'm also glad that they're also taking some risks with this, I don't think anybody would have expected a season with 5 out of 6 characters being completely new.

Neonep

I just played Akuma. From my short time, his v-skill is a parry, don't know the difference from Ryu. His heavy tatsu is similar to Ken's where it is kinds different. His v-trigger changes the end of certain moves. That's all I got, he still feels like Akuma.

The more I see of this game's progress over the months, the more I've come to a realization.

Capcom simply does not give a fuck if they make a lot of money in the short term. They're in it for the long haul and if that means taking it slow and steady, they're fine with it.

I'm also glad that they're also taking some risks with this, I don't think anybody would have expected a season with 5 out of 6 characters being completely new.

This has been their goal with this title from day 1. Slowly growing the competitive scene for it. Monetizing them. Seeing them go 5 brand new chars for season 2 is an insane move, and I love it.

Akuma is arguably the last returning character that is a completely 100% essential fan favorite for it to feel like a complete Street Fighter game, so I'm on board with 5 completely new characters, if that's what they're actually doing.

Even going forward, if season 3 was, say, Sagat + 5 new characters, it'd be an interesting direction for the game to go in.

I just played Akuma. From my short time, his v-skill is a parry, don't know the difference from Ryu. His heavy tatsu is similar to Ken's where it is kinds different. His v-trigger changes the end of certain moves. That's all I got, he still feels like Akuma.

His v-skill has 2 separate mechanics after a successful parry - 1 is a forward palm strike, another is a knock up kick that you can do combos afterwards.

SephLuis

I hope Chun's okay and Juri got buffed to monster status =)

Can you check any changes with the current characters ? Any news on balance patches ?
I do think they will release a new balance patch today after CPT.

Neonep

His v-skill has 2 separate mechanics after a successful parry - 1 is a forward palm strike, another is a knock up kick that you can do combos afterwards.
Makes sense, I parried one attack and it felt different from Ryu but could put my finger on it.

Scotia

Banned
If it is 5 completely brand new characters, then I hope they're great. Capcom haven't been the best when it comes to new characters. Still, not including one other SF character for an entire year is crazy. I really hope it doesn't bite Capcom and SFV in the ass.

Ryce

NIOWTxr.png

I’m totally getting Helen and Haggar vibes from the first two silhouettes, but that’s probably just my brain playing tricks on me.

cordy

Banned
Honestly, Akuma's dope and all but if it's just Akuma and 5 new characters who have never been in SF...I'm actually thinking of not getting it. Nah, I can't put down that money on only 1 character who I know of. I mostly play classics, I rarely wanna use new characters.

I've tweeted Capcom, hope they respond and clarify this.

Mœbius;225929542 said:
Hmm, his moves / animations - particularly his normals - look oddly stiff. That little hop and ground pound looks especially weird / silly.

Agreed. Considering how every character so far has fantastic animations, this really looked off.

myco666

NIOWTxr.png

I’m totally getting Helen and Haggar vibes from the first two silhouettes, but that’s probably just my brain playing tricks on me.

Don't play with my emotions. Would be so hype if it was Haggar.

Mœbius;225929542 said:
Hmm, his moves / animations - particularly his normals - look oddly stiff. That little hop and ground pound looks especially weird / silly.

Yeah the hop thing looks really goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom