• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

We didn't know it, but Akuma in SFV has been leaked for over 20 years
tumblr_ohmwppDv7W1sts23eo1_250.jpg

stuff from Fubarduck:

Slight correction from earlier on Mika. She CAN control direction on clap according to Fubarduck. Clap is also -6 not -2 now

Non-charge Dropkick now only -2 on block (was: -4)
Quick Mika notes.
Clap appears to be 7F but still combos from 5MP. You CAN still control throw direction after landing. Jabs feel like 4F.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wouldn't be too excited to disappointed just yet. I fully expect capcom to walk back half of these changes.

FluxWaveZ

Eh, Balrog's screw upper being a DP motion is pretty much a nothing change... Wait, in fact that probably will make some of his combos harder to pull off. Neat.

JayEH

wtf is this dp motion shit for balrog

Eh, Balrog's screw upper being a DP motion is pretty much a nothing change... Wait, in fact that probably will make some of his combos harder to pull off. Neat.

it does completely baffling move. great.

Skab

pr rog seemed to see it more of a buff than a nerf, but didnt really seem sure of what to make of it lol

Mentioned that if you're moving forward you can buffer c.mp into screw.

FluxWaveZ

pr rog seemed to see it more of a buff than a nerf, but didnt really seem sure of what to make of it lol

Mentioned that if you're moving forward you can buffer c.mp into screw.

Yeah, I could see that. But, due to the Dash Punch charge, it'll be a real weird shift for some of his BnB combos.

Couple questions. I currently have the game on PC w/ season pass but was perhaps maybe considering getting the PS4 version since I picked up a PS4 pro recently and it's hooked to a 4k TV in the living room. Any word on PS4 pro options coming up? Also, do you think they will include season 1 with base game once since season 2 hits or nah?

JayEH

making screw DP really limits combo potential. you now have to commit to a dash punch or the screw up instead of being able to make the decision last second. doesn't even seem like it's a great AA still by PR Rog's twitter and ex still not having 1 frame armor is the cherry on top. well I don't mean to overreact but i really don't see the benefit right now. hopefully they'll reconsider unless there is some other changes we don't know about.

making screw DP really limits combo potential. you now have to commit to a dash punch or the screw up instead of being able to make the decision last second. doesn't even seem like it's a great AA still by PR Rog's twitter and ex still not having 1 frame armor is the cherry on top. well I don't mean to overreact but i really don't see the benefit right now. hopefully they'll reconsider unless there is some other changes we don't know about.

Well Im thinking that it might be a more optimal AA since you dont have to charge down and can just do it in neutral. So if someone jumps in on Rog he'll have a better jump-in punish cause he'll get the juggle instead of just a reset like from cr.HP or st.MP

Femto.

Just found out all of Cammy's dive kicks got nerfed minus her V-trigger ones.

Da eff Capcom. I wonder what Kbrad is hyped about, I need more buff news to even out the nerfs for Cammy.

JayEH

Well Im thinking that it might be a more optimal AA since you dont have to charge down and can just do it in neutral. So if someone jumps in on Rog he'll have a better jump-in punish cause he'll get the juggle instead of just a reset like from cr.HP or st.MP

they'll have to make the move faster if this is their intent. i guess this could also lead to some standing combos with him as well i guess since you don't need the down charge.

im just really not a fan of this since i'm not very good about cancelling crouching moves into DPs which is why I gravitated to someone like Rog in the first place.

Caim

Anyone got any vega changes they seen?

Saw this on Reddit.

"Heard some Vega changes from my discord boys ;
F+Fierce claw on pops opponent up on counter hit
C. Fierce with claw off crush counters now.
From RagingStormX who heard it from Rom.
EDIT: Another update. F+Fierce crush counter pops the opponent up enough to connect an EX FBA after.
pretty solid buffs lol"

https://twitter.com/arlieth

Wallach

I need Alex changes!!!

Yeah, all I've heard about it is that Lariat must be at least +6 because you can link s.MP after it on hit now. A buff is a buff I guess but that button is... already pretty good. Wanted to see buffs on buttons that are not so good, and maybe some Stomp or EX Stomp buffs. Maybe a slight CA damage buff.

they'll have to make the move faster if this is their intent. i guess this could also lead to some standing combos with him as well i guess since you don't need the down charge.

im just really not a fan of this since i'm not very good about cancelling crouching moves into DPs which is why I gravitated to someone like Rog in the first place.

I wonder if you'll be able to do his mk >mp target combo into screw upper...
It'll certainly change his cr.HP > H. Screw upper.

Numb

Yeah, all I've heard about it is that Lariat must be at least +6 because you can link s.MP after it on hit now. A buff is a buff I guess but that button is... already pretty good. Wanted to see buffs on buttons that are not so good, and maybe some Stomp or EX Stomp buffs. Maybe a slight CA damage buff.
Indeed. Wasn't even asking for buff to that
Allow his cr.MK to special cancel ;_;

Sigmaah

Saw this on Reddit.

"Heard some Vega changes from my discord boys ;
F+Fierce claw on pops opponent up on counter hit
C. Fierce with claw off crush counters now.
From RagingStormX who heard it from Rom.
EDIT: Another update. F+Fierce crush counter pops the opponent up enough to connect an EX FBA after.
pretty solid buffs lol"

https://twitter.com/arlieth

OOOOO BUFFS IM LIT AS FUUUUCKKK

THANK YOU!

Why don't we have a thread for season 2 changes? I can make one of everyone wants it. I'll try to keep it updated, with everyone's help. Thread creation isn't exactly my strong suit, but we should have one dedicated to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom