• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

The only change I don't like is only EX AA's having invincibility. Is this going to be like SF4 where AA's trade too much? I get nerfing jab AA's, but why this?

JayEH

The only change I don't like is only EX AA's having invincibility. Is this going to be like SF4 where AA's trade too much? I get nerfing jab AA's, but why this?

game is very dependent on knocking down your opponent and keeping the pressure up and only a few characters ended up having meterless reversals which changed everything on those match ups.

yurinka

My bet for the season 2 characters:

Kolin
27752179330_5ceb65824e_z.jpg

Abel
1604ae0336fad6e99cccc8009a9cce3f.jpg

Azam
sfv_azam.jpg

Satsuki (doll)
latest

Garuda
GarudaSFEX.jpg

Skab

I believe DPs still work as an AA, they just get hit by meatys on wake up now

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's about wake-up DPs, anti-air properties will probably be almost the same.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yooooo

Faster walk speed alone is huge, but everything sounds good

Yup. Being able to pressure the entire cast after psycho axe and having an actual shimmy is a big deal. Now not having a reliable AA and being hyper mega free on wake up is semi warranted.

I hope we see more links from light attacks into itself. I'm not asking for 2 hit confirm light again like SF4 or jabs into mediums or heavy's. Just one jab into itself, so if it's a 4f start up then make it +4 on hit. I don't think that's asking for too much. I just want that tiny bit of extra time to confirm my light confirms because I kind of suck at confirming off a chained lights.

Skab

Yup. Being able to pressure the entire cast after psycho axe and having an actual shimmy is a big deal. Now not having a reliable AA and being hyper mega free on wake up is semi warranted.

c.hp also gets better as an AA as a result of the move speed. lets you move a little bit for better positioning before hand.

Probably still not the greatest answer, but still better and a bit more useful

kirblar

Kinderparty seems to be saying on twitter it's existing characters who haven't been playable in a mainline SF game before.

That's uh...a bold choice for Capcom if true.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first fighting game where I naturally gravitated towards a character who's considered pretty good by a lot of people and she gets nerfs. It's not fair.
Well now it's the first fighting game where you either leave a formerly good character behind or learn to adapt!

JayEH

Kinderparty seems to be saying on twitter it's existing characters who haven't been playable in a mainline SF game before.

That's uh...a bold choice for Capcom if true.

well that's better than completely new characters at least. no sakura or dudley though sucks

ArjanN

game is very dependent on knocking down your opponent and keeping the pressure up and only a few characters ended up having meterless reversals which changed everything on those match ups.

This.

For all the Mika nerf talk, this is actually a pretty decent buff for her since it makes it quite a bit harder for shotos to escape her mix-up.

mbpm1

There are too many potential changes going on here. Think I'm going to take a break from playing until the patch comes out bc this is basically a new game so I don't compare the two.

tragic

Developer
Don't let their wording fool you. It's 5 "completely new to SFV". There are some classics. They are trying to get you with the Buzzfeed tactics!

Wallach

Bison walk speed buff? Might wind up going back to my old main after all. Will see how it shakes out with Alex changes.

Edzi

Woo, just got bodied by fchamp in front of all the pros.

Also met Xian and Logan sama and hung out behind Alex Valle, Alex Meyers, gootecks and a few others as they dissected the changes.

SSReborn

Woo, just got bodied by fchamp in front of all the pros.

Also met Xian and Logan sama and hung out behind Alex Valle, Alex Meyers, gootecks and a few others as they dissected the changes.
Anything that sticks out to you change wise that wasn't really brought up?

JayEH

There are too many potential changes going on here. Think I'm going to take a break from playing until the patch comes out bc this is basically a new game so I don't compare the two.

enjoy top tier while you still can b

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
c.hp also gets better as an AA as a result of the move speed. lets you move a little bit for better positioning before hand.

Probably still not the greatest answer, but still better and a bit more useful

Honestly I'd be happy if they left cr hp as is but just gave it the full damage. Same for vega and any other character without a dp and or bad/situational AA's.

This is the first fighting game where I naturally gravitated towards a character who's considered pretty good by a lot of people and she gets nerfs. It's not fair.
It is a shame because Karin and Cammy are like my favorite strong designs in all of SF. They've got a lot of nice tools at their disposal, but they're not insanely equipped the way Ryu, Chun, Necalli and Ken were in vanilla SFV.
Apparently Alex's Lariat is +6 on hit now. Can link S.MP after.

Also
This is great, but his Lariat was already amazing anyway. His crouching medium normals, v-skill, EX specials (not including EX slash elbow and EX flash chop) and v-trigger could use some looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom