• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

No DPs? No throw okizeme? I don't like that much at all.

but on the plus side, there really is nothing holding me back from a switch to certain characters now, so I'm good with that.

Goodstyle

FANG needs to be +2 on his standing heavy kick and do more poison damage/damage on hit. He should also get faster/more consistent AAs.

The V-Trigger buff is nice, but only good for players that already play at an advance level.

EDIT: That throw nerf could end up being terrible for FANG since his back throw was the best in the game for pressure.

Todays patch killed my frame rate. Its like playing underwater. I tried to disable as much stuff as I could in the nvidia control panel, but I still get slow down with certain cinematics and when some special moves hit. Dammit, Capcom.

JP

Sorry if it's already been mentioned somewhere on here.

I'm not even sure if it's been announced yet or if it's gone up early but there is a Street Fighter V - Character Pass 2017 in the PlayStation Store for $29.99.

Akuma looks sick, can't wait to play again. Getting the Platinum in the game 2 days ago really felt like I was going to be done with SFV, now I'm sucked right back in with all the updates.

cackhyena

Sorry if it's already been mentioned somewhere on here.

I'm not even sure if it's been announced yet or if it's gone up early but there is a Street Fighter V - Character Pass 2017 in the PlayStation Store for $29.99.
Yeah I'm waiting for it to go up on Steam.

RedEther

Chun's air legs is -2 on block+slower startup

St.LK AA is five frame startup

These nerfs ain't too bad especially if you consider those outrageous buffs. I wonder if ex legs is more negative on block now.

Moaradin

Chun's air legs is -2 on block+slower startup

St.LK AA is five frame startup

These nerfs ain't too bad especially if you consider those outrageous buffs. I wonder if ex legs is more negative on block now.

Those are the two things people wanted changed the most with Chun so I'm happy.

airjoca

Infiltration did so well for most of the year that they're gonna nerf Nash right? Hope Capcom reverses it considering his latest performance...

Steroyd

Infiltration did so well for most of the year that they're gonna nerf Nash right? Hope Capcom reverses it considering his latest performance...

Not necessarily, if it's something fundamental that every player uses whether you're the number 1 pro player or a scrub who uses ryu, Necalli and chun's 3 frame anti airs then they're going to shut that shit down, I've personally never rated Nash because his moves are slow so he's susceptible to rush down anyway, there's nothing fundamentally "broken" about Nash so I'll be surprised if they change much about him.

Looks like it scales the combo a decent amount

That was the choice of combo though. It had 2 lights, a special that barely does any damage, and then it scales again because of V trigger which does no damage. An extra light attack was added right after that. By the time the bird hit it was scaled to 40% of its original damage. No wonder it only did 150-200 damage.

Hate all you want but I want to see more things like this in SFV. I want more combo variety and possibilities. I'd love to see Ryu get something like cr. MK, fireball, V Trigger, st. HK, st. LK, MK tatsu for example. The push off probably makes that impossible but you guys get what I mean.

airjoca

Not necessarily, if it's something fundamental that every player uses whether you're the number 1 pro player or a scrub who uses ryu, Necalli and chun's 3 frame anti airs then they're going to shut that shit down, I've personally never rated Nash because his moves are slow so he's susceptible to rush down anyway, there's nothing fundamentally "broken" about Nash so I'll be surprised if they change much about him.

Exactly. Infiltration made the character seem better than what it was for a long time, hence my fear.

ElFly

Hope the throws launching people far away does not include zangief s spd

That would be a huge nerf to an already bad character

Trey

haven't played SFV in a while, just tried to launch it today. I click on it and it says "Running" for a moment in the games tab, but nothing launches and after a few seconds it goes away. Any help?

haven't played SFV in a while, just tried to launch it today. I click on it and it says "Running" for a moment in the games tab, but nothing launches and after a few seconds it goes away. Any help?

did you update the game during the Urien update? You might have the rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom