• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's already a great change lol. It came out so many times on accident trying to anti air with s.HK."

It almost completely dissuaded me from anti-airing anything besides the jump-ins I was standing still waiting on.

Producer

GGs. My meaty timings are all over the place, especially with Guile. Have to work harder on those, especially with the balance patch incoming.

Sometimes I can zone you out properly with Guile, but other times I just get destroyed. Have to look into what worked. I usually fall apart when I tend to let the opponent jump; maybe I still have to divert way more attention to the skies than I am. There was a set where I started implementing his st.MK as an AA. That felt good.

At least I've started incorporating proper spacing to whiff punish with Mika's st.HP, buffering into her HP Shooting Peach. That makes footsies against characters with better tools somewhat manageable. Her st.MK and cr.MK aren't bad, either. I'll need to start using those a bit more to discourage the opponent from pressing buttons, which is when I can go in.

I feel like i was losing to zoning the majority of the time, i had to just take risks and guess when you were gonna throw a fireball. Also noticed the sHP buffering with mika, i was getting hesitant to throw out mines. Definately feels like you have leveled up your characters

So uhh... are the Halloween costumes and stage gone? did I miss a deadline? can't find them in the shop.

Yes. They were removed a few days ago, during the last maintenance. The Christmas costumes that are going to be added on the 20th will also only be available for a limited time, namely until the 18th of January (IIRC).

Hmmm...not going into all the little tweaks so far until everything is official, but I do like the goals of the changes to basically make all characters feel more unique. I play Ken because he is usually the more offensive based shoto, but can still present a strong defense and a hybrid of the classic shoto formula. Having me express my Ken even more so with that style is a great goal. Hopefully Capcom changes come through well.

Only EX moves get people off of you
Throw pressure nerfs
Jab Anti-air nerfs

Im down with it.

Sigmaah

St lk is no longer 3f now 4f, air throw hurtbox manipulation is fixed, target combo that ends in vskill is no longer negative on hit, ex ball is plus on block and cr hp improved as aa

Burnout fighter confirmed this.

NO MORE 3F?

Bruh why why why why why who tf made that decision so I can slap tf out of them wowowow.

tumblr_nnhplbbLSx1usrgjso1_540.gif

stn

Just some thoughts about Akuma, feel free to correct me if you know better!

-Demon flip attacks are "sluggish" and seem slow
-Okay walk speed
-Weakest ground fireball of the shotos and yet it doesn't go full screen? Though one version does go about 3/4th's.
-Air fireballs don't seem great at keep-away, maybe more for forcing block
-Good damage
-Good V-trigger but its going to be very hard to build gauge since his V-skill is a parry (I barely see Ryu's use parry often so I assume the same will apply here)
-Sweep after tatsu might be good if you have enough frames to land a meaty
-Teleport seems decent, might save him from using bars for V-reversals

Hmm, I don't know. I would have preferred fast speed and more tool versatility in exchange for less damage. Guess we'll see soon!

Give Balrog a cross-up, too.

Just had a lovely conversation with someone:

I'll let you guess what character this dude mains...

Who else but Nash?

Ah, the classic "I have a life." That's the moment your victory was complete.

"Getting upset at losing is natural when you're a winner...but you don't know that because you're a loser" would be a great winquote in an SNK game, though.

Whales

Banned

Who else but Nash?

lmaoo

I remember the last salt message I got, it was back when I was messing around with bison and beat a ryu player in casuals. He messaged me to tell me "bison is a scrub character" lol

Moaradin

Who else but Nash?

I miss these salty messages. Don't really get them on PC anymore. The one and only redeeming aspect of GFWL.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Mœbius;226006654 said:
I'm a Urien main and this just made me lol. Totally unnecessary buff but I'll take it.

So good. If they gave back the ability to combo off his cr.MK, it would be incredible.

Sayad

Who ever saw Akuma's face and approved it shouldn't be trusted with five new character designs, we're fucked. :(

People really love to take awful screenshots of this game.
Where can I see a good screenshot of Akuma's new face?

Who ever saw Akuma's face and approved it shouldn't be trusted with five new character designs, we're fucked. :(

Would love to see a good screenshot of Akuma's new face, do you have one?
If I remember right the classic looks sweet
How can you make a good looking alt skin and whiff the default so bad.

XenoRaven

I wasn't keen on anyone getting nerfed but never in a million years did i think they'd actually buff Chun.
She got a buff. I don't think she's "buffed" overall. Air legs was nerfed, fireball recovery was nerfed, cr. jab is now 4f.

I would be honestly shocked if any Chun players were freaking out over cancelable cr. lk.

Cr. lk starts up in 3f, but does not link into st. mp and is -1 on block. So players are going to have to choose if they want the slower jab to go into her cr. lp, st. mp, cr. mk xx SBK BnB, or do cr. lk, cr. lk xx Legs for faster startup but less damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom