• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

I don't really notice complaints. Complaints are the norm now and praise is the odd one out whenever I read them on the internet.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All they said was there would be a "Sneak Peek". Combofiend posted a short blog post explaing what their general theme for the balance patch is and to expect more in the weeks leading up to the patch.

Yea I figured the blog post was the sneak peek. I just want to know how long we have to wait for the patch.

Or... or hear me out. Here, i'mma blow your mind.

Maybe they complain because they would like capcom to do something to reignite their interest in street fighter. Just because you choose not to engage with the piece anymore doesn't mean you can't criticize the piece. That isn't how criticism works.

Maybe they want a better game.

I think there's a huge difference between constructive, even harsh criticism and what people are talking about here. There are threads about SFV where people will literally just post things like "Fuck Capcom. I'm glad this game is failing." or "It's too little, too late. There's no saving the game." That isn't criticism. That's not helping anybody get a better game. That's not going to help Capcom "reignite their interest in street fighter". They're literally posting for no other reason than to shit on the game. People should certainly feel free to criticize things they don't like. That's the only way things can improve. But that doesn't mean the same thing as drive-by shit posting about a game they claim they no longer and will never play again.

Yea I figured the blog post was the sneak peek. I just want to know how long we have to wait for the patch.

The patch is 12/20, so we should get patch notes sometime in the next two weeks.

Zackat

every time I watch a big tournament in this game I get a little bit better. Went on a big winstreak tonight.

slowly making improvements in footsie stuff.

I need to learn more meaty setups, for sure.

SSReborn

So has anyone who has been testing Akuma figured out the advantage of using raging demon over his normal CA, I mean there is obviously situations where it is better in terms of being able to land it but it uses the entire V trigger and Super meter. So I'm wondering why someone would use all of that instead of just the normal CA.

FluxWaveZ

every time I watch a big tournament in this game I get a little bit better. Went on a big winstreak tonight.

slowly making improvements in footsie stuff.

I need to learn more meaty setups, for sure.

They usually discourage me. I'm putting way too much time into this game to still be as bad as I am. Makes me think that it's just not worth it, with a possible lack of resources or talent on my end that the top level players have access to.

eggandI

Banned
I guess I'll post this here because I might get banned if I rant too much, but GAF is sometimes disgusting, or rather, this hardcore group of gamers is. Not just about SFV, but it's almost like nothing is ever good enough reading the front page of gaf.

-Sony still didn't do name changes
-Sony still didn't bring PS1 classics
-Capcom didn't address balance issues or talk about QoL changes, their clueless
-TLOU frame drops on PS4P by 6-7 frames!!!
-Sony changes it back, then the new thread "Graphics aren't as shiny in TLOU anymore!"

Like wtf? Do people actually play video games? Who has time to complain about all these issues with so many good games to I dunno, play? A great E3, a solid PSX, I still just see a lot of negative stuff.

Often users who reiterated time and time again how they've given up on SFV, or early on Destiny,still chime in regularly on certain threads, usually negative ones. A sales thread for SFV "yep, Capcom dropped the ball, it's why i don't play it anymore". A complaint thread, "yea, they wet the bed, it's never gonna get fixed." It's all so negative all the time, I would just put the game down and never touch it again and be done with it, not continually discuss something I've supposed to have lost interest in.

Like does SF failing, or whatever game you want to insert in justify or confirm your position/opinion of said title? I have to remember and tell myself, GAF is just a small portion of the community. Honestly, it sometimes makes me embarrassed to be a gamer with the utter nonsense entitled crap I read on here.

/end

You know what's funny, In the MvCI threads I'm already seeing a lot of the same avatars that would go into every single SFV thread around launch and spend pages taking about how worthless Capcom was. There are a lot of people out there who are simply here to have opinions about video games rather than actually play them. Shit is crazy lol

SSReborn

You know what's funny, In the MvCI threads I'm already seeing a lot of the same avatars that would go into every single SFV thread around launch and spend pages taking about how worthless Capcom was. There are a lot of people out there who are simply here to have opinions about video games rather than actually play them. Shit is crazy lol
This is actually a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7RPO0BSrug

here's footage of nerfed mika but more interestingly looks like holiday dlc works with the costume code.

RIP.

Du better make his DLC costume for Guile.

They usually discourage me. I'm putting way too much time into this game to still be as bad as I am. Makes me think that it's just not worth it, with a possible lack of resources or talent on my end that the top level players have access to.

Have you ever thought about traveling to tourneys? Going down into the states for a few could be beneficial for you. Trying to make a trip to the bigger events like EVO or some of the majors to network with people will do wonders for someone trying to break into the pro scene.

Even going into New York to do some NLBC could be very educating. I know they are going to be trying to do more online events for CPT next year so it should help you get more time with higher level players. Especially if you can't travel.

Zackat

You should try and travel to some tournaments if you can Flux. You are good enough to do well in them. You would meet people who could help you take the next step.

I just realized something... they didn't announce the 2018 CPT prize pool at the end of Capcom Cup this year. Looks like next year won't be another $500,000....

kirblar

I just realized something... they didn't announce the 2018 CPT prize pool at the end of Capcom Cup this year. Looks like next year won't be another $500,000....
I have to imagine CPT 2018 is in flux due to the logistics issues they've had.

Players without Visas were getting Q'd.
Lots of major tournaments had their slots evaporate when a Q'd person won them.
The regional final setup, intended to help locals, ended up full of foreign players.

Fraeon

The meterless DP change is interesting but I actually wonder if they didn't go far enough. It would've been interesting to see a version of Street Fighter where invincible reversals are all but gone and the only use for a DP would be to antiair. Or maybe replace them with an MK kind of solution where moves only have armor.

FluxWaveZ

Have you ever thought about traveling to tourneys? Going down into the states for a few could be beneficial for you. Trying to make a trip to the bigger events like EVO or some of the majors to network with people will do wonders for someone trying to break into the pro scene.

Even going into New York to do some NLBC could be very educating. I know they are going to be trying to do more online events for CPT next year so it should help you get more time with higher level players. Especially if you can't travel.

You should try and travel to some tournaments if you can Flux. You are good enough to do well in them. You would meet people who could help you take the next step.

Traveling, huh. That might be the next step I need. I'm not really in a position to do so as much as I'd want to, but I'l strongly consider this, for the sake of improving.

Someone I was playing against yesterday suggested that I should tune into top level player live streams to ask them for advice and even play against them. I always considered them to be people who wouldn't want to waste their time doing that with anybody, but I guess I'll look into it.

The regional final setup, intended to help locals, ended up full of foreign players.

Yeah come to think of it... the only piece of news we got was from Mike Ross who said there's going to be a last chance qualifier next year. So at the very least we know there's a CPT next year...

Yeah, a lot of issues with the CPT were revealed this season, and I imagine they're gonna do a little bit of tuning before they announce details for CC 2017. Not only that, they might be shopping around for additional sponsors in order to increase the prize pool even further.

Zackat

Traveling, huh. That might be the next step I need. I'm not really in a position to do so as much as I'd want to, but I'l strongly consider this, for the sake of improving.

Someone I was playing against yesterday suggested that I should tune into top level player live streams to ask them for advice and even play against them. I always considered them to be people who wouldn't want to waste their time doing that with anybody, but I guess I'll look into it.
Those players will talk to you for sure. They love to fight good players. The FGC is quite friendly in that regard.

JayEH

new cc combo:

Cc stand Hk, walk up crouch Hp xx Hk screw, LP dash straight.

Should be >300 meterless if damage is same

from Javits. New combo potential for Balrog because of the dp motion change. interested to see what else could combo because of it.

For anyone who's concerned about Mika becoming less viable following the Passion Press nerf, go watch some of Joey900's Mika setplay. Dude doesn't even use the wallbounce when he's not in the corner; he just follows it up with crLK > crHP > mixup. She's still gonna be viable even post-nerfs, in fact I'd wager that the removal of meterless invincible reversals is going to be a huuuuuuuge boon for her.

mbpm1

This is hilarious. The tone and cadence of the voice seemed like it never changed throughout every single cheer. It honestly sounded like someone had a "LET'S GO RICKAAAY" button and they were mashing it at the beginning of every round.

I honestly thought it was pre-recorded

Edzi

Finally back home from an awesome weekend at PSX. I ended up spending a ton of time around the SFV booth, and managed to meet Logansama, Xian, and got bodied on stage by Fchamp. Also engaged in random small talk with a bunch of other FGC peeps like Alex Meyers and managed to beat pikachuakuma's day 2 Akuma.

I'm also pretty sure I heard brentiscool complain live about Ken at some point, though I could have imagined that.

Saying the netcode in this game is broken no longer relevant as an argument point imo. It's a better netcode than most "finished" japanese fighters, so saying it's unfinished is downright ridiculous

At this point the only relevant argument against this game imo is the gameplay itself (which I personally thinks is the best in the genre, but that's just me), the battle lounge system being not great, the whole DLC shenanigans (which I don't mind, personally), And the lack of an arcade mode, which i'm pretty confidant that even if this game had all those things, those shitposters wouldn't buy the game still. Those guys better prove me wrong and buy MVC:I, or else they're gonna look like idiots.

We need a dumb RPG mode though. That'll keep me on this game forever

Do you think they will revise the combo challenges since some of them no longer work? Or maybe have 10 new ones for each character?

myco666

Do you think they will revise the combo challenges since some of them no longer work? Or maybe have 10 new ones for each character?

Probably works like SF4. "We will revert back to earlier version for the trials". Would be great to get new revised trials for all the cast.

Saying the netcode in this game is broken no longer relevant as an argument point imo. It's a better netcode than most "finished" japanese fighters, so saying it's unfinished is downright ridiculous

At this point the only relevant argument against this game imo is the gameplay itself (which I personally thinks is the best in the genre, but that's just me), the battle lounge system being not great, the whole DLC shenanigans (which I don't mind, personally), And the lack of an arcade mode, which i'm pretty confidant that even if this game had all those things, those shitposters wouldn't buy the game still. Those guys better prove me wrong and buy MVC:I, or else they're gonna look like idiots.

We need a dumb RPG mode though. That'll keep me on this game forever

Has the bug where one player gets all the roll-backs been fixed?

can we organise a one last hurrah for season 1 tournament.

people could chip in for prizes, winner gets season 2?

appreciate lag and all that but lets do something. pm me if interested. i can stream it for people too.

Veal

I guess I'll post this here because I might get banned if I rant too much, but GAF is sometimes disgusting, or rather, this hardcore group of gamers is. Not just about SFV, but it's almost like nothing is ever good enough reading the front page of gaf.

-Sony still didn't do name changes
-Sony still didn't bring PS1 classics
-Capcom didn't address balance issues or talk about QoL changes, their clueless
-TLOU frame drops on PS4P by 6-7 frames!!!
-Sony changes it back, then the new thread "Graphics aren't as shiny in TLOU anymore!"

Like wtf? Do people actually play video games? Who has time to complain about all these issues with so many good games to I dunno, play? A great E3, a solid PSX, I still just see a lot of negative stuff.

Often users who reiterated time and time again how they've given up on SFV, or early on Destiny,still chime in regularly on certain threads, usually negative ones. A sales thread for SFV "yep, Capcom dropped the ball, it's why i don't play it anymore". A complaint thread, "yea, they wet the bed, it's never gonna get fixed." It's all so negative all the time, I would just put the game down and never touch it again and be done with it, not continually discuss something I've supposed to have lost interest in.

Like does SF failing, or whatever game you want to insert in justify or confirm your position/opinion of said title? I have to remember and tell myself, GAF is just a small portion of the community. Honestly, it sometimes makes me embarrassed to be a gamer with the utter nonsense entitled crap I read on here.

/end
I notice this behavior intensifies when fighting games are concerned. I mean, most of the fighting game focused conversations read like a bunch of "intellectual" tough guys trying to constantly outsmart and win arguments that they themselves try to pretend that they don't care about. It gets really old. Nerds be mad.

Probably works like SF4. "We will revert back to earlier version for the trials". Would be great to get new revised trials for all the cast.

Nah, there's no concept of different seasons being selectable in SF5 as far as we know. SSF4AE implemented that functionality for the SF4 series.

We'll get updated trials unless Capcom really Capcpom their way through this release. Fixing a trial to match balance changes is gonna be easier than making the game be able to load up two different movesets for a character.

And yeah, absolutely no relevant Birdie news. So I'm assuming he's near-identical. :\

Fingers crossed the reason nobody spotted Birdie changes was due to nobody testing out his less good stuff like donut and chain.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
SFV does have this concept. It happened during the beta, I think. There were two versions of one character and they changed it quickly.

myco666

Akuma's official page on Capcom's site is up. You can get a small sample of his theme here (different from the stage theme)

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/chara_goki.html

EDIT: NOT A FAN. Too much electronic, really sounds like something that would fit in SF4.

Thing keeps pausing and unpausing constantly for me but what I heard sounds okay and fits SFV IMO. Has similiar sound effects etc. than everyone elses theme.

Nah, there's no concept of different seasons being selectable in SF5 as far as we know. SSF4AE implemented that functionality for the SF4 series.

We'll get updated trials unless Capcom really Capcpom their way through this release. Fixing a trial to match balance changes is gonna be easier than making the game be able to load up two different movesets for a character.

And yeah, absolutely no relevant Birdie news. So I'm assuming he's near-identical. :\

Fingers crossed the reason nobody spotted Birdie changes was due to nobody testing out his less good stuff like donut and chain.

You might be right actually. Well we will see ones the update hits.

What you think Birdie needs? Because I honestly don't think he needs to be changed much.

There was mention about slide being more negative now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom