• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know what happened to him inbetween IV and V. Technically, he either lost or was driven away, since Gouken was training Ryu in his story mode. The deal was whoever won between Gouken and Akuma would decide his fate, and the former most likely did if he got to train Ryu.

Is this the first time Akuma lost (not including those draws between him and Oro and his mini bout with Gill)?

Also, surprised nobody has any winquotes from him. He's one dude I wanted to see in the story the most.

Give Balrog a cross-up, too.

Just had a lovely conversation with someone:

I'll let you guess what character this dude mains...

Who else but Nash?

Oh my. Let me tell you something about Machiavelli 2000. Way back in the Vanilla Street Fighter so probably 2008?? I played a game against this guy (Rose vs Guile) he beat me handily and proceeded to message me about how pleased he was with his performance. I immediately asked for a rematch and he refused and said "I'm King"
Fast forward a few years everything single time I tried to fight him he would boot me from the lobby. In SF4 you could easily avoid people. I'm talking years of refusing a rematch. At some point he must have forgot that he was avoiding me and actually played me. This might as well have been the grand finals of Evo for me because there was no way I was going to allow this bum to beat me again. After I beat him I proceeded to message him "I'm king now" I can't remember the rest of of the exchange but it was glorious.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I match up with a Jsemper(Nash). I was Ultra Gold at the time and he was Super Gold. We go 1-1 and he refuses the 3rd match. I promptly get a message from my old friend Machiavelli 2000 saying thanks for the points. Mind you he may have gotten all of 15 LP off of me. I died in laughter. This kind of guy is the lowest form of troll/scrub there is.

I hope you all enjoyed tales of SF bottom feeder.

JayEH

Oh my. Let me tell you something about Machiavelli 2000. Way back in the Vanilla Street Fighter so probably 2008?? I played a game against this guy (Rose vs Guile) he beat me handily and proceeded to message me about how pleased he was with his performance. I immediately asked for a rematch and he refused and said "I'm King"
Fast forward a few years everything single time I tried to fight him he would boot me from the lobby. In SF4 you could easily avoid people. I'm talking years of refusing a rematch. At some point he must have forgot that he was avoiding me and actually played me. This might as well have been the grand finals of Evo for me because there was no way I was going to allow this bum to beat me again. After I beat him I proceeded to message him "I'm king now" I can't remember the rest of of the exchange but it was glorious.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I match up with a Jsemper(Nash). I was Ultra Gold at the time and he was Super Gold. We go 1-1 and he refuses the 3rd match. I promptly get a message from my old friend Machiavelli 2000 saying thanks for the points. Mind you he may have gotten all of 15 LP off of me. I died in laughter. This kind of guy is the lowest form of troll/scrub there is.

I hope you all enjoyed tales of SF bottom feeder.

i like this salty lore

Scotia

Banned
Reading through the Akuma blog post and I noticed this:

How does Akuma feel about Ryu’s approach to overcoming the Satsui no Hado and what is his relationship to Necalli? Be sure to check out his character story to find out!

Looks like Season 2 Character Stories will be set after the Cinematic Story Mode. Probably an easy thing to guess, but it's nice to get confirmation of sorts.

By the way, that new Akuma stage is the hypest thing in the game. I absolutely adore it, and I wish all stages were similarly atmospheric.

synce

15230648_1623860474306378_7393838307831003702_n.jpg

Haha seriously though?

The new Akuma reminds me of that woman who wanted to be a cat.

Jocelyn-Wildenstein-headshot_202075_full-480w.jpg

Lion, cat, it doesn't work. Be yourself, Akuma.

Also, lmao @ that huge Juri nerf

Reinstall and my first match back is some laggy ass PS4 Ryu, it's my fault though i forgot to put in on ask, it was automatic, so instead of 5bar match i got 3 bars lol..

I guess I'll post this here because I might get banned if I rant too much, but GAF is sometimes disgusting, or rather, this hardcore group of gamers is. Not just about SFV, but it's almost like nothing is ever good enough reading the front page of gaf.

-Sony still didn't do name changes
-Sony still didn't bring PS1 classics
-Capcom didn't address balance issues or talk about QoL changes, their clueless
-TLOU frame drops on PS4P by 6-7 frames!!!
-Sony changes it back, then the new thread "Graphics aren't as shiny in TLOU anymore!"

Like wtf? Do people actually play video games? Who has time to complain about all these issues with so many good games to I dunno, play? A great E3, a solid PSX, I still just see a lot of negative stuff.

Often users who reiterated time and time again how they've given up on SFV, or early on Destiny,still chime in regularly on certain threads, usually negative ones. A sales thread for SFV "yep, Capcom dropped the ball, it's why i don't play it anymore". A complaint thread, "yea, they wet the bed, it's never gonna get fixed." It's all so negative all the time, I would just put the game down and never touch it again and be done with it, not continually discuss something I've supposed to have lost interest in.

Like does SF failing, or whatever game you want to insert in justify or confirm your position/opinion of said title? I have to remember and tell myself, GAF is just a small portion of the community. Honestly, it sometimes makes me embarrassed to be a gamer with the utter nonsense entitled crap I read on here.

/end

I guess I'll post this here because I might get banned if I rant too much, but GAF is sometimes disgusting, or rather, this hardcore group of gamers is. Not just about SFV, but it's almost like nothing is ever good enough reading the front page of gaf.

-Sony changes it back, then the new thread "Graphics aren't as shiny in TLOU anymore!"

Like wtf? Do people actually play video games? Who has time to complain about all these issues with so many good games to I dunno, play? A great E3, a solid PSX, I still just see a lot of negative stuff.

Often users who reiterated time and time again how they've given up on SFV, or early on Destiny,still chime in regularly on certain threads, usually negative ones. A sales thread for SFV "yep, Capcom dropped the ball, it's why i don't play it anymore". A complaint thread, "yea, they wet the bed, it's never gonna get fixed." It's all so negative all the time, I would just put the game down and never touch it again and be done with it, not continually discuss something I've supposed to have lost interest in.

Like does SF failing, or whatever game you want to insert in justify or confirm your position/opinion of said title? I have to remember and tell myself, GAF is just a small portion of the community. Honestly, it sometimes makes me embarrassed to be a gamer with the utter nonsense entitled crap I read on here.

/end

iCcd7CJ.gif

Perineum

Akuma does up close look ugly as all shit in this game. That's okay though since his alts look good IMO.

Season 2 pass bought on December 20th!

Mizerman

Because for the most part, all they're interested in being negative. Just let them rage against the tide and go on your way.

DR2K

Banned
Hey, Juri getting those much needed nerfs. I'm dying on the inside. Even Juri couldn't leave 2016 unscathed.

/end

I be feeling like that sometimes. I'm just going to continue pressing buttons and having fun and not care about that stuff. This is entertainment at the end of the day. One thing can't please everyone.

Edit: Capcom why you do that to Juri ;_;

Skab

Wait, how is that a nerf to Juri? Full screen fireball in VT now? Moves slower so you can follow it? That's all good, right?

/end

You know, maybe this is a little bit of an asshole perspective for me to have, but fighting games perhaps more than any other genre force players to face their failure rather than pass the blame onto something else within the game like levels, loot, RNG, etc. Most people regularly complaining about SFV or that want to see it fail admit to sucking at the game, while people playing at an intermediate or higher level seem to be enjoying it a lot, in spite of having some criticisms, which comes with the territory of any fighting game.

Fighting games are an easy genre to get mad at, and if a fighting game makes mistakes as a product, then it's an easy target for those that haven't had success with the game.

I know this isn't the case for all criticisms for the game, but people usually have to have a chip on their shoulder about something to criticize it continuously rather than just walk away. People fail at the game, then they want to see the game itself fail, and it creates its own loop of pessimism and confirmation bias.

And that's not to say all casuals hate the game. Anecdotally, the casual players I know that bought the game during the Black Friday sale or bought the season 1 pass and picked it back up seem happy with where it's at now.

more tokido gouki!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C73z9I9z3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPlIk9x11Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBsUBHRZxLE

gouki's actually making me interested in playing the game again to grind FM, think capcom chose well

I know the early impressions don't make him seem that good, but he looks so good right now. He has multiple ways around anti normals, his pressure game looks good, and having all the extra options like teleport or shaku is a good thing even if the moves themselves aren't that good.

I still enjoy playing Ryu but man I wish he wasn't so basic in every iteration. I miss the options I had playing as Evil Ryu in USF4. Akuma seems more up my alley this time around. Who cares if his health/stun is low and his normals kind of suck, I want options and I see that with Akuma.

Weren't they going to do some kind of a presentation on the balance patch today, or did i make that up?

I thought they said they would stream something on capcom unity. Nothing came up which left me wondering if I took crazy pills.

All they said was there would be a "Sneak Peek". Combofiend posted a short blog post explaing what their general theme for the balance patch is and to expect more in the weeks leading up to the patch.

Got 100k FM saved up from doing the weekly challenges. Still don't have Juri or Urien but i'm glad I decided not to buy them and wait for Akuma. Without Dudley, i've been stuck with Ryu but Akuma looks to have more variation just with super low health. Plus his parry will probably get a lot more use since you get a follow up after it unlike Ryu's. Also i'm really excited to see the new characters coming next year. I like the 4 newcomers in SFV design wise but I didn't connect with them as far as gameplay goes.

Qvoth

from what i can gather, gouki's parry isn't like ryu's, you have to choose between a standing parry and a low parry
it seems like the immediate kick launcher move has armor properties so theoretically you can block multiple hits move as seen here https://youtu.be/_EmC3cb-yvw?t=166
but i think against a crossup the kick will go towards the wrong direction

Village

\

Or... or hear me out. Here, i'mma blow your mind.

You can be critical of video games and play them.

Strange I know.

Maybe they complain because they would like capcom to do something to reignite their interest in street fighter. Just because you choose not to engage with the piece anymore doesn't mean you can't criticize the piece. That isn't how criticism works.

Like does SF failing, or whatever game you want to insert in justify or confirm your position/opinion of said title?
Maybe they want a better game.

I have to remember and tell myself, GAF is just a small portion of the community. Honestly, it sometimes makes me embarrassed to be a gamer with the utter nonsense entitled crap I read on here.

/end

I don't know man. A guy complaining that people are using a form to criticize a game they found unsatisfactory seems super entitled to me. But hey, that's me.

SFV had such a half-assed launch so I don't blame people for being bitter still. Fucking Indie games have better lobbies and matchmaking than SFV (and netcode)..

Kashiwaba

SFV had such a half-assed launch so I don't blame people for being bitter still. Fucking Indie games have better lobbies and matchmaking than SFV (and netcode)..

I can understand all the complaints but the netcode really? I played over 3000 matches online on SFV and i would say less than 100 hundred of them got a bad lag and maybe less than 400 had a slight rollback (I'm making up the numbers but what i meant is it rarely happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom