• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

The Alex costume looks way too weird to be official. I don't know what it is about it. Not enough detail in the textures? It doesn't fit with the art style of the game.

MrCarter

The new Juri one is amazing. However, the same can't be said for the others I'm afraid. Oh, and that Snake-eyes Gief is great for comedic relief lol.

Village

Juri is great. I never understood how people think that Alex mod looks better than the current model.

I could give you a few reasons

For one his hair doesn't look like total garbage like the current frylock model. Next his pants and boots are better, I much prefer the baggy overalls than alex's tight torn pants look he has going in this iteration. Also the color section is better. Also while the current ingame alex's face isn't a fucking crime scene like ken. Its an interesting alternative.

Hopefully the classic costume fixes that.

JayEH

Hair looks like trash on the select screen but when you see the win screen it looks better. His other costumes have better hair overall though.

Village

Hair looks like trash on the select screen but when you see the win screen it looks better. His other costumes have better hair overall though.

The story outfit is strait doo doo the only one with good hair.. and with good everything is the holoween one

All this Alex talk.

maxresdefault.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think what went wrong with Ken is that they probably made this design first:

sfv-04_bengusart02.jpg

And then never got it to look right in the game. In the story mode there are many scenes where it looks ok, but the character select screen is really the most important one and they blew it there completely.

Akuma actually has a similar problem: https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/808270049282768896

The clipping thing is actually worse for me, that's inexcusable for one of your most famous characters in his standard costume. I wonder if that screen is especially vulnerable or something, because they should have just given him a different pose after a day or two back in 2015, but it took them forever to even adress the floating boobs.
And they actually haven't fixed that problem yet either!. The right side of character select still doesn't have gravity, they just made the jiggly parts solid.

Naarmight

Is the Season 2 pass available to purchase anywhere yet?

On PC, I was hoping one of the key selling sites will have an offer for it.

Q mod looks great. Juri's only problem is her baggy pants covering most of the screen during her win animation and Alex's shows its roots of having been a SFIV Abel skin first. Just immediately looks out of place, be it in the VS screen or in the middle of a match. Wonder Woman Chun-Li is straight-up bad.

Capcom's nostalgia costume appeared better, but it'd be a sad state of affairs if their own paid designers were bested by someone who did the mod in his spare time as a hobby anyways.

Village

Yup. It's the waist down that's the problem.

Not his extremely aggressive face or that HIDEOUS shirt.
I like his face and shirt, looks like hes some beat em up characters from the 80's.

If had like jeans and sneakers instead of shortsx2 and barefoot.

Capcom's nostalgia costume appeared better, but it'd be a sad state of affairs if their own paid designers were bested by someone who did the mod in his spare time as a hobby anyways.
Happens all the time, ask bathesda. Isnt exactly sad, new talent, espically considering irrc the guy who made the mod is a professional doing it in his free time.

Pompadour

Q mod looks great. Juri's only problem is her baggy pants covering most of the screen during her win animation and Alex's shows its roots of having been a SFIV Abel skin first. Just immediately looks out of place, be it in the VS screen or in the middle of a match. Wonder Woman Chun-Li is straight-up bad.

Capcom should pull a Valve and outsource costumes to fans and pay them a percentage of the sales.

Happens all the time, ask bathesda. Isnt exactly sad, new talent, espically considering irrc the guy who made the mod is a professional doing it in his free time.
No one's batting an eye at someone executing something better than a company that still willingly uses Gamebryo though. That's the expected norm!

In all seriousness: what I meant it's moreso damning of the company itself rather than the outside talent involved.

This sentence makes no sense, if it appears better, how where they bested?
No, I'm saying it would've been a sad indication of Capcom IF (key word here) their efforts had hypothetically been outdone by a lone person not even on their payroll. Not that it's strange for them to be put to shame if you look at the disparity between the RE4 re-releases and the fan-made HD mod.

DJwest

Hi guys, any UK players here? Just ordered a PS4 Pro, i should join SF5GAF soon. I'd like to find out how much individual DLC characters and stages cost in GBP assuming I don't have fight money

Hi guys, any UK players here? Just ordered a PS4 Pro, i should join SF5GAF soon. I'd like to find out how much individual DLC characters and stages cost in GBP assuming I don't have fight money

costumes often cost about £3.30 or there abouts. Some stages are about that price as well.

Dont know about character prices as I have them all but I would recommend getting the game with all the first season of characters. Then you can do story mode, trials, easy survival etc etc and you should easily be able to get enough fight money to buy all the season 2 characters with the fight money made from that alone.

Im already at 400,000 fight money and I still got most peoples Trials to do plus about 8 more survivals and the hard version of story mode. Even if I dont hit 600,000 just from that, with each new character that gets released that allows more FM to be gained from survival and trials and then theres the weekly missions that net you a few thousand FM.

I would say thats prob the most efficient way to get everything at the mo.

joe2187

Banned
Fighting experienced players I have no problem

fighting crazy low ranked players who go batshit and 200 LP down the drain in two matches.

Csr

But Capcom is responsible for ken's face. I would imagine a lot of people in their spare time could make something better.
But those people could be professionals or have a lot of experience doing this so that doesn't say much anyway.

fighting crazy low ranked players who go batshit and 200 LP down the drain in two matches.

LOL.

I just rebought this for PS4 the other day. Last time I played was about 4 months ago on pc. Was about silver rank.

So start fresh, rookie Vs Rookie and I am trying to play like I remember playing Silvers and it was so random I lost the first fight. Then I slowed down and won but its tense as hell because some of this guys you have literally no clue what they are gonna do lol. Now im mid super bronze some semblance of normality is returning but Im wondering if more lower ranks are sticking to casual matches because I was being matched against silvers when I was only in bronze. On one level its great as I only lost 10 points for losing a match but gained like 120 when I won. But I felt bad for the silvers losing so many points when I won (and the were decent people who didnt rage quit or not rematch if i won).

Anyway Im looking forward to the 20th. After having my fun with Laura im back to maining Guile again. Tempted to try learn Urien as well.

Pompadour

But Capcom is responsible for ken's face. I would imagine a lot of people in their spare time could make something better.
But those people could be professionals or have a lot of experience doing this so that doesn't say much anyway.

Ken's face only looks bad in certain instances, notably in his character select pose. My evidence is the amount of people who believed Ken's face got a stealth fix when footage of him in the Cinematic Story Mode was released.

They should just adjust his character select pose and 90% of the complaints would go away.

Also, I haven't seen a better fix for Ken's face despite modders best efforts so I'm guessing it's not as easy as it sounds.

The absolute worst matchups I've had are against players who can seemingly turn that shit on or off at will.

They'll play like absolute loons and then all of a sudden get Daigo esque patience when I start catching on to their imbecilic behaviour.

Csr

Ken's face only looks bad in certain instances, notably in his character select pose. My evidence is the amount of people who believed Ken's face got a stealth fix when footage of him in the Cinematic Story Mode was released.

They should just adjust his character select pose and 90% of the complaints would go away.

Also, I haven't seen a better fix for Ken's face despite modders best efforts so I'm guessing it's not as easy as it sounds.

His hair and his alt costume look bad everywhere.
There is also alex's backwards knees and akuma's face from certain angles looks absolutely hideous like in that twitter post from alioune. I don't like his hair either but that is mostly preference. I doubt anyone liked that pic of akuma that i mentioned.

I have only seen 2 mods for ken, one was pretty bad, the other was ok i thought, nothing amazing but better than capcom's. I think it was photoshop though, it has been posted many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom