• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

I think I just found a glitch with Dhalsim where I did a CA after a KO in Survival. Lost all the meter to.
Losing meter for post KO super cancel seems weird. I did it yesterday with Urien but I'm not sure if my meter was depleted or not afterwards. SF4 didn't consume meter for post KO cancels, so SFV shouldn't either, then again SF4 had the option for Player 2 to select rematch or character select screen, but SF5 doesn't.

Just picked this up finally. So apparently I can unlock characters with fight money, or just pay $30 for the 2016 pass. I'm assuming it will take forever to unlock characters without paying?

I want Balrog since I mained him in IV, but it would be nice to mess around with the others as well.

Have most of you just bought the pass or can you unlock everyone without playing 100 hours or something?

Just picked this up finally. So apparently I can unlock characters with fight money, or just pay $30 for the 2016 pass. I'm assuming it will take forever to unlock characters without paying?

I want Balrog since I mained him in IV, but it would be nice to mess around with the others as well.

Have most of you just bought the pass or can you unlock everyone without playing 100 hours or something?

There is an FM guide in the OP.
All characters are playable in story mode as well.

Kashiwaba

Story mode (30 minutes), easy survival (1 hour) gives you i think enough money for 2 or 3 characters

General story is long but nice on normal gives 30k on hard 80k

But since characters pass is cheap now i would say buy and save fm money for stages and costumes.

I'm surprised most people agree that Nash was mid tier. I always thought and still think that he's high tier honestly. If he had better walk speed then he would've been top 3 easily.

mbpm1

tumblr_ohydvlBCoi1usrgjso1_540.gif

Village

R4fODtb.gif

We need an SFV version of this gif but instead of movie piracy the last one should read titty costumes.

Nah. Because due to the context of that gif vs what you are trying to do , it could come off super pretentious . The context of the gif is that the least important thing is the most important problem they shouldn't be focusing on. But that isn't the same for what you are suggesting, variance in the representation in female outfits is quite a serious issue and one that I have seen voice time and time again in SF threads.

So nah.

Skilletor

Nah. Because due to the context of that gif vs what you are trying to do , it could come off super pretentious . The context of the gif is that the least important thing is the most important problem they shouldn't be focusing on. But that isn't the same for what you are suggesting, variance in the representation in female outfits is quite a serious issue and one that I have seen voice time and time again in SF threads.

So nah.

Ken's face should be the last door.

Village

Ken's face should be the last door.

Kens face is a real issue tho

Someone kidnapped ken and replaced him with a drunk skrull.

We need to find ken

#where'sken
#Where'sfraisher

(seriously though, kens face lacks the definition other characters faces have and its quite strange, was an attempt to look handsome, like anime bland features handsome? Because Urien and Nash look handsome because they have defined features. I would really like insight on what the fuck happened to kens face)

Village

Ryu's lack of family or anything close to a romatic relationship kept him young.

... Well that explains akuma and gouken being close in age and it taking untill 3rd strike for him to develop gray.

Also explains Oro's life span I guess

( seriously though I would give money to see, why kens face is the way it is.)

Ryu's lack of family or anything close to a romatic relationship kept him young.

... Well that explains akuma and gouken being close in age and it taking untill 3rd strike for him to develop gray.

Also explains Oro's life span I guess

( seriously though I would give money to see, why kens face is the way it is.)
Probably same modelers who made Ibuki and Alex. They all stand out like a sore thumb in the face department...

Infiltration shook as fuck by Guile's buffs. Also funny to find out he's part of the Mika hatebrigade. And if I read him correctly, it seems he doesn't actually enjoy playing SFV. :p
Nothing strange about that at all. I completely understand it and she is in actuality the most hated and feared character in the game overall. Hearing multiple popular SFV players express their dislike for Mika has helped me to feel a little better about losing to her, when I do. I know that I'm not the only one that couldn't get out of the grinder and that makes it ok.

Edzi

Nothing strange about that at all. I completely understand it and she is in actuality the most hated and feared character in the game overall. Hearing multiple popular SFV players express their dislike for Mika has helped me to feel a little better about losing to her, when I do. I know that I'm not the only one that couldn't get out of the grinder and that makes it ok.

The vast majority of people who don't hate Mika are Mika players. She's just not fun to play against.

Village

Probably same modelers who made Ibuki and Alex. They all stand out like a sore thumb in the face department...

Alex's face is fine, IMO its his hair. I think Ibuki's face is fine too, its just during her win pose they don't want her to smile to big for whatever dumb reason.

Ken's face is another level. Kens face looks like they didn't finish

Devil

The Season Pass might still make sense for you. With it I was easily able to gather more than 600k FM (since you get more characters to do all the stuff to get FM) which basically means I got all the Season 2 characters already in the pocket without having to actually buy the pass. I never bought stages or other stuff though.

I suggest buying season 1 pass, you will have 22 characters to build FM for season 2 vs 16..

Game has 2 different story modes, character story and general
General will net you 80k, normal=30k, extra difficulty=50k..
Character story are damn easy, for the most you fight 3 matches but most of them are 2.
Survival easy mode is a joke..
Trials give you 5k FM for each character completion, only 10trials per character, also watching the Demo gets you easy FM you don't have to watch them if you already have a decent concept of fight game you can skip for the FM, or you can watch to learn the game your choice..
and Dailies/weekly there's always a5k FM mission which is very easy most of the time..

Nezzhil

I'm thinking of buy this game during these holidays, but I don't have a PS4. Do you recommend me the PC version for 20€ (a bit less than 20$) or just wait until I get a PS4? There are differences between platforms?

Wait for the Christmas sale on Steam (due in a week or two) if you bought it on PC before you buy the Season Pass. Maybe something'll occur on PSN too, with how it was 50% off not too long ago over there.

I'm thinking of buy this game during these holidays, but I don't have a PS4. Do you recommend me the PC version for 20€ (a bit less than 20$) or just wait until I get a PS4? There are differences between platforms?
PC version is better (better graphics and less input delay) so go for it.

Village

I have it on pc

If you have a good pc it loads faster and less imput delay and it looks better, also you can mod it fairly easily to play the music you want and to make the characters look different like so

Otherwise its the same game but looks better, oh one time they put a rootkit on a bunch of folks computers. Just want you to know while that may never happen again, because the backlash was so bad the games scores went down, that is shitty horrible behavior that they tried and I wont forget they tried to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom