• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZG continues to entertain lol.

Anyway anybody remember how Capcom said there would be a proper rage quit "early next year". Hope they didn't forget about that like extra battle.
You really think Capcom would do that?

Say they'll do something and then not deliver on time?

Same.

I need my boy so I can get off this horrible Urien rollercoaster I've convinced myself I could ride.
image.php

Mr. X

I really hate how armor works in this game. You shouldn't absorb more life than you have remaining. It's not hype or exciting, it stupid when a HP won't kill because you absorbed it with like an MP worth of life left.

I really hate how armor works in this game. You shouldn't absorb more life than you have remaining. It's not hype or exciting, it stupid when a HP won't kill because you absorbed it with like an MP worth of life left.
They wanted hype comebacks with Zangief for Snake Eyez, rip that notion.

You pressed a button way high up and half screen away so there was no longer a hurtbox by the time alex used his shoulder. also you used the flip kick attack which has almost no hitbox to hit people on the ground

basic hitbox knowledge in any fighting game

By any fighting game you mean just Street Fighter? This is not about the move I'm using, it's about jump attacks having big hurtbox that characters who generally do not have good AA can easily AA them unlike Ryu's J.LK.

Mr. X

By any fighting game you mean just Street Fighter? This is not about the move I'm using, it's about jump attacks having big hurtbox that characters who generally do not have good AA can easily AA them unlike Ryu's J.LK.
It's a 2D fighting game thing. Your hurtbox got bigger during the jHK probably before an attack box. That move looks better as an anti air or air to air regardless, doesn't aim downward.

Skilletor

2d fighters, man. It's why I just laugh at so many of your posts. They read like somebody who has very limited knowledge of the genre.

I said the same thing a few OTs back and people argued with me:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198342415

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, you whiff a slow move in the air. Your hurtbox extends because of it. This is on purpose and makes sense or neutral jumps + attack would be amazing.

Grakl

There was no reason to do neutral jump hk

Is there really a point in having holiday costumes and stages for a limited time? Seems like a waste of resources unless it costs money to have them up on PSN?

Good interview. Sounds like he overall likes Season 2, even if it means nerfing a bunch of characters in the process. I didn't agree with this comment about SFV being too clean at first, but looking back at how people played, I feel like that's how most people's gameplan ended up being, and as I've said so many times. SFV is about lots of offense and lots of defense. Sounds like the patch is pushing people to play in that direction, but stumbling in a few areas when there doesn't need to be nerfs or buffs.

Infiltration shook as fuck by Guile's buffs. Also funny to find out he's part of the Mika hatebrigade. And if I read him correctly, it seems he doesn't actually enjoy playing SFV. :p

If anything, this interview was the opposite. Just like every player, dude has complaints about the game, but nothing sticks out saying he doesn't enjoy it.

I mean, his whole mantra during the Excellent Adventures was to have fun. People just conflate complaints with hatred.

Skilletor

If anything, this interview was the opposite. Just like every player, dude has complaints about the game, but nothing sticks out saying he doesn't enjoy it.

I mean, his whole mantra during the Excellent Adventures was to have fun. People just conflate complaints with hatred.

Nah, man. SF5 sucks. People hate the game. Only playing it for money.

/s

jett

D-Member

However, it may turn into the type of game that I enjoy. I don't enjoy any of the current characters, but running around and hitting stuff and playing footsies with characters like Vega is something I enjoy."

That's where I got that idea from, not really from his complaints. Seems he wants the game to be more footsie oriented, if I'm understanding what he said about enjoying characters like Vega.

Nah, man. SF5 sucks. People hate the game. Only playing it for money.

/s

Some people here are truly insufferable.

Him not enjoying the characters probably isn't too reflective of his overall enjoyment of the game. It's hard to suss out Infli because of translations and his trolling (not here, but other times), but this is the same dude who wouldn't change his style after getting bopped. Maybe he isn't able to "play" his way because S1 made people fearful of being too defensive, so maybe it's why he's looking forward to things becoming more even.

That being said, it doesn't seem like he hates the game or doesn't enjoy it. Maybe Nash just isn't the character for him. It'll be interesting to see how he does Akuma.

Skilletor

Some people here are truly insufferable.

Jokes, man. Just referencing a thread from this weekend.

But that's cool. I'll be insufferable.

"After losing finals to Momochi, I was REALLY angry. I think that Nash-Ken is an ok MU, especially in neutral...but whenever Ken jumps, it becomes a 9-1 MU in Ken's favor."

I laughed at this.

"When I saw the finals, I found myself looking at the CSGO crowd that gathered to watch Momochi and Xiaohai. Of course, to higher-level players it was a more intricate game of RPS, but to them it must have seemed like Momochi was just walking back and forth and pressing MP for 80-90 seconds. I wondered then, 'what on earth do they think that SFV is like from watching this?'"

Agree with this. SF5 normals are too stubby.

jett

D-Member
Him not enjoying the characters probably isn't too reflective of his overall enjoyment of the game. It's hard to suss out Infli because of translations and his trolling (not here, but other times), but this is the same dude who wouldn't change his style after getting bopped. Maybe he isn't able to "play" his way because S1 made people fearful of being too defensive, so maybe it's why he's looking forward to things becoming more even.

That being said, it doesn't seem like he hates the game or doesn't enjoy it. Maybe Nash just isn't the character for him. It'll be interesting to see how he does Akuma.

Maybe he finds someone more up his speed in S2. He did say he'll go for the top tier this time, although again like you said he might be trolling.

Jokes, man. Just referencing a thread from this weekend.

But that's cool. I'll be insufferable.

Sorry bro, just annoys me when people suggest I hate this game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom