• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the wingless mod. I wanted the T&A factor, without looking like a chicken. I didnt like the scarf either. I do like that Mika kept her make up on.

JV1GNEFnG5ubmJMX5hDClsCgB-mS4gXd6Gwxo7zz-hFoGmGoIibi7diz_tkZVxMMW7amDmPcvwYrfqDjBuox34ilVUUU7lLgOckBgLZH_6lEKoZ-92VTilXv8Y-K2zqoP0I-AEg7tRB8aHZpfbdWIMixUuB4tGPah4JfUJHlFPDJduTk9naZN0vfS_bWkqiu45XmSQ-yXOr-QQbXsQC77fY-QEj5RNJwuT29Y-ub0KVJXkJ6O2GYPDl4fozvo2UzL5hKHHvBrEyVOrDp4dtEBRW0NJJR6x7uhOylfJR0YTmw8KNtXiEZQ7Kp6EWj6Sl4zPLfsiv8LfCpqOeslwChFGe-7XZ0ZTXECygIZYBrqyVAcFsCbZ8U5SFp380VxYkkJdGpc8G1Tog_U51Qisy9dtq2TLLfVkWu02yJ6rkoiq5KIMLXwDxiXuy8ycTiCYg6it_rIWXGfRNb0nquGWGODDoknYkQpDxRWCZbR9eJTDJGXYpo-4LENbsaKYfvXZtjdVyoTHbd4Pnmdhy46XPWeqMs1uegrRMZ3geLwqmxE5A3XUJ36waUilIQTG2F_FNHe8LBqtgHZgVTh_BjCLJncjIlWvR3oNBP-3f4XWTGeV4IjeFUAjElxTq6hSwvFSvVG2yAjv1eg_PMiHjaghMP_vVBMj6QqHIb3mMG5Ubf4Q=w1689-h950-no

Village

I use the wingless mod. I wanted the T&A factor, without looking like a chicken. I didnt like the scarf either. I do like that Mika kept her make up on.
One where is that mod

Give it to mee

Two yeah the wing outfit is the best, its cool stupid. Unlike her normal outfit, which is just stupid

Pompadour

His hair and his alt costume look bad everywhere.
There is also alex's backwards knees and akuma's face from certain angles looks absolutely hideous like in that twitter post from alioune. I don't like his hair either but that is mostly preference. I doubt anyone liked that pic of akuma that i mentioned.

I have only seen 2 mods for ken, one was pretty bad, the other was ok i thought, nothing amazing but better than capcom's. I think it was photoshop though, it has been posted many times.

I won't defend Ken's alt as that's horrible all around. Ken's hair looks great from far away. They just need to separate it into more than two giant chunks even if every piece can't animate individually.

Capcom's nostalgia costume appeared better, but it'd be a sad state of affairs if their own paid designers were bested by someone who did the mod in his spare time as a hobby anyways.

It's always silly when people make this argument.

"Paid designers" have deadlines, budgets, and limitations. Fans can spend as much time as they want doing this stuff at their leisure, with no creative limitations at all, releasing it when they feel like.

A lot of these mods don't even mesh well with the overall style of the game.

Garbage character and costume.

You're very wrong.

Csr

Which invisible reversals work well against the cpu in survival so that i can get the fm before the reversals get nerfed, ryu ken anyone else? do they all work?

Pompadour

Which invisible reversals work well against the cpu in survival so that i can get the fm before the reversals get nerfed, ryu ken anyone else? do they all work?

MP SRK for Ken and Ryu is the way to go.

God, I can't believe this update is going to make Survival harder.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does the CPU actually try to attack you after a SRK such that the invincibility nerf will be a big deal? I haven't done it in a while so maybe I'm totally forgetting that that's the crucial feature. I just remember the CPU basically having no reaction to repeated SRKs in the corner.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the CPU doesn't punish it. But an invincible one should still work better.
God how can the CPU be so awful? Starts reading inputs, counter-hits you all the time, but can't punish -30 moves.

Csr

MP SRK for Ken and Ryu is the way to go.

God, I can't believe this update is going to make Survival harder.

Yeah that is the only negative.

I know the mp srk is the right move to use for ken and ryu i meant which other character's invisible reversal can beat the survival by just spamming, i remember hearing cammy's didn't work as well in survival for some reason, i don't know if that is true.

Pompadour

Does the CPU actually try to attack you after a SRK such that the invincibility nerf will be a big deal? I haven't done it in a while so maybe I'm totally forgetting that that's the crucial feature. I just remember the CPU basically having no reaction to repeated SRKs in the corner.

They will occasionally but the real issue is they have a great knack for countering your moves before they even land if they're not invincible. I got the farthest with the Rashid flying kick method and a Ken in the 90s would just SRK Rashid's foot. He wasn't too concerned with blocking and punishing.

I know the mp srk is the right move to use for ken and ryu i meant which other character's invisible reversal can beat the survival by just spamming, i remember hearing cammy's didn't work as well in survival for some reason, i don't know if that is true.

Rashid is the only non-Shoto you can really abuse the AI with using his Eagle Spike (?). They have a hard time blocking or punishing that move.

They will occasionally but the real issue is they have a great knack for countering your moves before they even land if they're not invincible. I got the farthest with the Rashid flying kick method and a Ken in the 90s would just SRK Rashid's foot. He wasn't too concerned with blocking and punishing.
It's more the upwards motion and close landing than invincibility that the AI has a hard time punishing. Guile's flashkick gets away with it too sometimes

myco666

I've heard spamming Guiles FK is pretty effective so I don't think it matters too much. Getting through frametraps will be harder though.

It works well but her health can be a problem.

Can you take the scarf off with the usual code?

Im not sure. I used the maskless mod as soon as I bought that feathered Mika costume DLC pretty much. I might test it later. Because I havent seen mention of any alts for that costume, I dont think there are any.

One where is that mod

Give it to mee

Two yeah the wing outfit is the best, its cool stupid. Unlike her normal outfit, which is just stupid

You can get it here...

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8272825&t=11497627

joe2187

Banned
Ucchedavāda;226465270 said:
That costume is amazing.
I bought it, and I don't even play Mika regularly.

Fuck survival.
I'm not touching that mode unless it gets a major overhaul.

The fact that you lose progress if capcoms servers have a hiccup is the worst part of survival. You're playing a game of chicken with the server during any long stretch of survival mode.

Csr

Rashid is the only non-Shoto you can really abuse the AI with using his Eagle Spike (?). They have a hard time blocking or punishing that move.

It works well but her health can be a problem.

Great i am going to try those out.

The fact that you lose progress if capcoms servers have a hiccup is the worst part of survival. You're playing a game of chicken with the server during any long stretch of survival mode.

The game should save your progress in survival especially for extreme survival, not only are you in danger of being disconnected and losing progress but it takes too long and it is so boring.
Every 10 or 20 fights there should be a checkpoint.

And the online requirement is baffling.
It clearly did nothing to prevent cheating, for example, so why is it even required that you are online all the time? And if they insist on your being online, they should at least handle it gracefully, and allow you to reconnect and resume the match in case of disconnects.

The game should save your progress in survival especially for extreme survival, not only are you in danger of being disconnected and losing progress but it takes too long and it is so boring.
Every 10 or 20 fights there should be a checkpoint.
While I am not opposed to a check-point system, that is a band-aid on a gun-shot wound. You say it yourself: It takes too long and it is so boring.

Csr

Ucchedavāda;226469438 said:
While I am not opposed to a check-point system, that is a band-aid on a gun-shot wound. You say it yourself: It takes too long and it is so boring.

I didn't say that it is the only thing it needs, i just mentioned one of the flaws of the mode because losing progress from disconnections was brought up.

It definitely needs a lot of changes.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;226469438 said:

Survival should be one mode with no difficulties that is 50 fights long and for every 10 fights completed you get a reward. Every 10th fight should be a superpowered boss character like the EX/Gold characters from ASW games (and they'd wear the alt costumes) and the difficulty is raised after 10 fights. DLC characters and stages need to be added. There should be an extra life power up, you should be able to select your power up strength, and you should be able to buy multiple power ups between rounds. VT gauge needs to carry over between rounds and there should be wacky power ups like buying other characters' V-Triggers or buying Hyper Armor for 10 seconds.

Survival should be one mode with no difficulties that is 50 fights long and for every 10 fights completed you get a reward. Every 10th fight should be a superpowered boss character like the EX/Gold characters from ASW games (and they'd wear the alt costumes) and the difficulty is raised after 10 fights. DLC characters and stages need to be added. There should be an extra life power up, you should be able to select your power up strength, and you should be able to buy multiple power ups between rounds. VT gauge needs to carry over between rounds and there should be wacky power ups like buying other characters' V-Triggers or buying Hyper Armor for 10 seconds.

Yeah i think with changes like some here could make it a genuinly fun mode. I like the points spend after each fight thing they have but thats it at the moment. Everything else about it is just terrible.

I didn't say that it is the only thing it needs, i just mentioned one of the flaws of the mode because losing progress from disconnections was brought up.

It definitely needs a lot of changes.

For sure, we can both agree on that.
Apologies for jumping on that one statement.

Lots of interesting ideas here.
I would, however, also suggest cutting down the number of stages, and instead having a steeper difficulty curve. 50 rounds a hell of a lot, IMO, and depending on your skill level it can take quite a while to get to the point where it gets interesting.

myco666

Ucchedavāda;226473320 said:
Lots of interesting ideas here.
I would, however, also suggest cutting down the number of stages, and instead having a steeper difficulty curve. 50 rounds a hell of a lot, IMO, and depending on your skill level it can take quite a while to get to the point where it gets interesting.

50 is definitely too much. I would cut it down to 16 so you get to fight each fighter once. Anything above that is too much.

Pompadour

50 is definitely too much. I would cut it down to 16 so you get to fight each fighter once. Anything above that is too much.

I'm not sure if that's feasible considering how much FM is gated behind Survival.

Here's a question: would people be fine if Survival was easier but the FM was reduced accordingly? Most people aren't getting that FM anyway so it may as well not exist.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It has to be shorter, too. 50 or even 100 matches is just ridiculous

I would prefer a really tough one if it's quick and I would probably try to beat it with every character.

myco666

I'm not sure if that's feasible considering how much FM is gated behind Survival.

Here's a question: would people be fine if Survival was easier but the FM was reduced accordingly? Most people aren't getting that FM anyway so it may as well not exist.

Length isn't the reason why Survival is hard. Length is the reason you don't want to play the mode at all. If you have fewer stages you can crank up the difficulty more instead having braindead AI for 30-40 stages before the hard part.

Makes sense. His default looks real bad so they're gonna make bank off this.

His default costume turns the Nash matchup into Plants vs Zombies.

I actually like it. The story (?) costume where he is falling apart looks pretty bad, though. It's nowhere as good as the version Oni had in SFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom