• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Well here I was thinking about trying to really get into this game after hitting a personal goal in another but seeing all these incoming changes maybe I should let the game sit for a few more weeks.

JayEH

You really got to know your SF lore for this week's challenge. I didn't even know Dhalsim had a son until now.

SlimXx

More Birdie stuff

"st.mp xx LK/MK chain now comboes (only ex used to combo)"

Uh, that seems real good since it gives you a setup or spacing where previously the only cancel was Bullhorn, which doesn't really do either. (It's just great for Damage/CA/V-Trigger/etc)

Exactly. I had been thinking the other day what buff(s) I'd want for Birdie, and the first thing I thought of was bull head not knocking them so far across the screen. This change is probably even better.

Will depend a bit if stand strong into short hanging chain works even from long range (like whiff punish range) or not, but even if it only works in normal combos, it's great.

Soulstar

Well birdie seemed fun that one time I random selected him

Meanwhile juri gets ???

I don't really feel like looking through the Juri Discord to see what buffs she got so I'll just list some of the stuff I remember seeing from a twitch stream.

V-Skill is much better (Charges faster and Charged V-skill has projectile invincibility sooner)
St MP links into St MK
Cr MP links into Medium flip kick

I think there was some other stuff.

Edit:

Ibuki pls

Ibuki has St MK to St MP now.

She also has this on CH:

https://gfycat.com/WaterloggedDefensiveAlpinegoat

Pachinko

How many of you guys go to locals ? I went out to a fight night thing this week and got some impromptu coaching that really helped me out.

As some of you might recall I was having a serious character crisis a while back, much more recently I've really gravitated towards just trying to get better with Rashid. Having someone stand behind you telling you to "stop mashing" or "that move doesn't work like that , try this" actually helps.

I still went 0-2 during the evenings mini-tournament but I did win a full game off someone (it ended 2-1 but still). I feel like I'm improving and ... it's a good feeling. I've even managed to win a couple games online too !

Course, with season 2 right around the corner I'm wondering if I should just wait a few days and then pretend the game is brand new next week or ... ????

mbpm1

I don't really feel like looking through the Juri Discord to see what buffs she got so I'll just list some of the stuff I remember seeing from a twitch stream.

V-Skill is much better (Charges faster and Charged V-skill has projectile invincibility sooner)
St MP links into St MK
Cr MP links into Medium flip kick

I think there was some other stuff.

I appreciate you spilling the hidden tech :O

This sounds pretty good actually

Moaradin

Fooling around with Season 2 Urien. They seemed to have removed headbutt loops. At least the common versions everyone did. Hopefully people will discover new headbutt loops. They also removed f.MP into shoulder charge. Thankfully you can still link f.MP into headbutt.

Despite losing those things, j.LK crossing up and having s.MP link into cr.MP makes up for it.

Fooling around with Season 2 Urien. They seemed to have removed headbutt loops. At least the common versions everyone did. Hopefully people will discover new headbutt loops. They also removed f.MP into shoulder charge. Thankfully you can still link f.MP into headbutt.

Despite losing those things, j.LK crossing up and having s.MP link into cr.MP makes up for it.
Why remove combos Capcom, why....

that alex hype went away quickly

Pretty much any time you see an Alex doing well on stream, both the chat and announcers get hype.

The hype didn't go anywhere.

You barely see any Juris, but that doesn't mean people don't love them some Juri.

All the DLC characters are harder to use than the default cast, so people stuck with the default cast. Season 2, though...

1upsuper

Is there any hint that Capcom is gonna release costume bundles at a reduced rate? There are a handful of costumes I'm interested in but I don't want to bite if there are any rumblings of bundles. It seems like an obvious move, but I dunno. Thanks.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just give it another week and we will have our weekly SF5 thread.

Well in another week the patch will be out. I was thinking more in terms of that people would have picked the bones of the patch clean by now. Instead its a slow trickle of one random normal at a time.

TheOGB

Banned
Is there any hint that Capcom is gonna release costume bundles at a reduced rate? There are a handful of costumes I'm interested in but I don't want to bite if there are any rumblings of bundles. It seems like an obvious move, but I dunno. Thanks.
Thankfully they've got a $20 bundle for the Holiday content.
Each Premium Holiday costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and includes colors 1-10. The Holiday stage is priced at $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29 or 40K Fight Money. Additionally, there is a Holiday bundle that will include all of this content for the discounted price of $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99. This special Holiday content will only be available for a limited time ending January 17th so be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores to celebrate.

Before that the only other bundle was the limited time Capcom Pro Tour 2016 bundle. No indication they'll get around to the Season 1 Battle Costumes (which I'm waiting on) or Swimsuit alts.

EDIT:
What should i do for dattas wish mission?
Sim v Sim on Apprentice Alley ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blueblur1

How many of you guys go to locals ? I went out to a fight night thing this week and got some impromptu coaching that really helped me out.

As some of you might recall I was having a serious character crisis a while back, much more recently I've really gravitated towards just trying to get better with Rashid. Having someone stand behind you telling you to "stop mashing" or "that move doesn't work like that , try this" actually helps.

I still went 0-2 during the evenings mini-tournament but I did win a full game off someone (it ended 2-1 but still). I feel like I'm improving and ... it's a good feeling. I've even managed to win a couple games online too !

Course, with season 2 right around the corner I'm wondering if I should just wait a few days and then pretend the game is brand new next week or ... ????

That's cool, man. You sound like you're at where I am. Keep at it!

Moaradin

Oh wow, they buffed Urien's cr.HP anti air. The first hit now always juggles instead of re-standing and potentially getting punished. Before you had to hit them high to get the juggle.

n1x8ZzF.gif

It also does the full 2 hit combo if you manage to hit them low in the air.

TheOGB

Banned
Basically any time they release new costumes they should come in packs

and if they still wanted to be Capcpom about it they could do like the SF4 series packs, just without the complete bundle :V

Neoxon

Oh wow, they buffed Urien's cr.HP anti air. The first hit now always juggles instead of re-standing and potentially getting punished. Before you had to hit them high to get the juggle.

It also does the full 2 hit combo if you manage to hit them low in the air.
This pleases me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom